2009 Sample DAT raw score conversion help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pk62281

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I didn't get a conversion sheet with my 2009 ADA DAT sample test, or maybe I accidently threw it out. Can someone help me figure out my scores?

Bio: 37/40
Gchem: 27/30
OChem: 25/30 (score shouldve been better with the mistakes)
Pat:86/90
RC: 38/50
QR: 31/40 (did anyone else find this section ridiculous?)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,

I didn't get a conversion sheet with my 2009 ADA DAT sample test, or maybe I accidently threw it out. Can someone help me figure out my scores?

Bio: 37/40
Gchem: 27/30
OChem: 25/30 (score shouldve been better with the mistakes) mistakes?
Pat:86/90
RC: 38/50
QR: 31/40 (did anyone else find this section ridiculous?)

Thanks!

I didn't get one either, I think they ****ed up. How did you mean that the QR was ridiculous? Ridiculous hard or ridiculous easy?

I haven't taken it yet, as I'm saving it for my last practice test before the exam, but if you can shed any light on errors and such, I'd appreciate it beforehand.

Here is a sample DAT from 2007.... the last 2 pages of this will have the correct conversion chart (approximate)... this conversion chart doesn't change a whole lot between different test versions
http://www.ada.org/sections/educationAndCareers/pdfs/dat_test_sampleitems.pdf

2iup4i8.jpg

I didn't get one either, I think they ****ed up. How did you mean that the QR was ridiculous? Ridiculous hard or ridiculous easy?

I haven't taken it yet, as I'm saving it for my last practice test before the exam, but if you can shed any light on errors and such, I'd appreciate it beforehand.

I found some QR questions to be ridiculous and would probably need at least 3 minutes to figure out what it's asking and to do the actual work. There were some strange questions on ellipses. The box mirror question seems like it needed a lot of calculation. Anyway, I think my strategy would be to look at the question, and then see if i can narrow the answers down, and just guess.

With my luck, Ill probably end up spending 3 minutes on it, and getting it wrong anyway.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, obviously the scoring chart in the old sample test is not completely accurate, but it is the best you have (even Kaplan used it in KBB), perhaps you could email the ADA about it since they do claim to have included it in the pay test.

When I say obviously inaccurate I make a simple comparison where you cannot achieve a 30 in bio or rc on this chart, which have both occurred fairly recently in breakdowns, and the RC section is based on a truncated 17 question version.