2010 MGMA Physician Compensation Survey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'll jump on the bandwagon.. I would like the report via PM too please! Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I would like one via PM too. Please. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been on the PM list for 1 month, and never received the full report.

I would be happy with just the quick 7 page version. Anybody out there with the info? Please PM if available. I am knee deep in negotiations with a hospital as we speak.

Thanks

Can I get PM'd the full report as well?

Thanks in advance!

NO ONE HAS THIS REPORT!

If someone does, fess up.

Anybody notice the median compensation for gastroenterology? I didn't know it was that high, even higher than derm?

Can someone just put the report on rapidshare or something?

No one has it because it costs anywhere from 300-700 dollars depending on what version of it you want and whether you are a member of some type or not :p

Do you see the same type of range for PAs and/or nurses in certain specialties? I know they don't earn what doctors earn, but do PAs/Nurses in let's say plastics make more than PAs/Nurses in primary care? Or is there significantly less variation in these positions than for Physicians?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have the 2011 report (with 2010 data) that they would be willing to share? If so, please PM me and thank you in advance!!!

Are ODs on this? If so can someone send it to me please PM, thank you.

I would very much appreciate it if someone could PM me a copy of the 2010 and 2011 full copies of the report.

[email protected]

Thank you in advance!:)

>2 million views on this thread. Holy crap.

Haha looks like a lot of people are very very interested in the money...hmmm could it lead to misery? I see it.

From what I recall from medical school, interest in money leads to making money and subsequently leads to buying nice things like Lambos and Yachts. Was this not covered in OD school? Strange...

I haven't read this whole threat (has anyone!?!?)

But, MGMA is something only hospitals can afford to buy. I interviewed for jobs recently so I had experience with this. It costs a lot of money. All I know is midwest ENT salaries at 75% are around 450 K. 90+% is around 600 K.

But, MGMA is something only hospitals can afford to buy. I interviewed for jobs recently so I had experience with this. It costs a lot of money. All I know is midwest ENT salaries at 75% are around 450 K. 90+% is around 600 K.

Sorry, i am a little confused here - "ENT salaries at 75% are around 450k, and 90% is around 600k." If 90% is around 600k, then there should be 100% earn 450k ???, correct me if i am wrong...

Sorry, i am a little confused here - "ENT salaries at 75% are around 450k, and 90% is around 600k." If 90% is around 600k, then there should be 100% earn 450k ???, correct me if i am wrong...

These are percentiles.
Look at the chart on page one.
The 25th percentile for ENT is about 280 with a mean of 430. So if you're earning less than the 25th percentile you're earning less than 280. These people probably work part time and/or in underserved areas.

Cheers!

I'm not sure why you think only hospitals can afford the report. Anyone can order a copy for $575.

Cheers!

I'm not hopeful, but does anyone actually have a copy of the 2011 or 2010 MGMA physician compensation report?

Haha I almost feel guilty for jumping on the PM request bandwagon, but I'd be very grateful if someone would hook me up also. Thanks!

No one has it because it costs anywhere from 300-700 dollars depending on what version of it you want and whether you are a member of some type or not :p

Do you see the same type of range for PAs and/or nurses in certain specialties? I know they don't earn what doctors earn, but do PAs/Nurses in let's say plastics make more than PAs/Nurses in primary care? Or is there significantly less variation in these positions than for Physicians?

Stop asking for it. No one has it.

You guys might be interested in this - a little search found me the starting salary survey for those just out of residency. It is from '09 but the ballpark figures should be useful.
On a side note, if this is some kind of infringement of anything, please let me know and I will delete the post. Just trying to help this unruly crowd of email posters.
http://medical-mastermind-community.com/uploads/2009-MGMA.pdf

did anyone get the WRVU numbers versus compensation from 2010 or 2011, I would really appreciate this!!

did anyone get wrvus to compensation ratio for 2010 or 2011, looking for rad onc specifically

sd55 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

I would like to see the entire report, if possible. NE

I've seen the newest one: the 2012 one that has the 2011 data. Relative's group got a 50% discount. The salaries are even higher :D

You guys are ridiculous.

1) It is copyrighted. No one is going to PM you it.

2) The real book is 300-400 pages, not in pdf form.

It's nice to have access to it, though. I like :love:

Whom did you ask to get access? Hospital CEO?

Last edited:
I'm just the med student and I see the guy daily in the physician lounge. I'll ask him if I can see lol.

A report (don't remember which one) was included in the information given out at the Indiana University interview. It broke it down by specialty but only gave averages for the top 10 companies. I still have it in a pile somewhere but the numbers seemed inflated from what I remember.

A report (don't remember which one) was included in the information given out at the Indiana University interview. It broke it down by specialty but only gave averages for the top 10 companies. I still have it in a pile somewhere but the numbers seemed inflated from what I remember.

People did send it out a while ago when they weren't aware that it's copyrighted.

why is salary copyrighted? is that even allowed

Their report is copyrighted.

I suppose the actual salary values could theoretically be copyrighted since they collected their own unique set of data and came up with their own unique conclusions as to where salaries currently stand.