2010 Unfilled Program List Made Public?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medsRus

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When does the unfilled program list become public? I am just curious what programs didn't match candidates in the main match. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

the first rule of fight club.....

They'll be posted soon. WikiLeaks would be a good place to leak them :) They will fight tooth and nail with armies of lawyers to keep any leak up :)

That doesn't seem fair to the rest of us who are trying to do this legitimately.

When does the unfilled program list become public? I am just curious what programs didn't match candidates in the main match. Thank you.

It won't be legitimately released until some time after match day, I don't think. Once the actual scramble for those who paid the application fee is over.

It's ALWAYS on this website within a few hours, though... either obliquely linked or directly posted by a new user.

In past years Winged Scapula posted the official list once Thursday rolled around.

Interesting, my post with the link to usmleforum.com for the unfilled lists was deleted. Even linking to other sites is not permitted.

At this point it is worthless to have the unfilled list. The 48 hour scramble period clears over 95% of remaining positions. 80% being cleared in the first 24 hours.

At this point it is worthless to have the unfilled list. The 48 hour scramble period clears over 95% of remaining positions. 80% being cleared in the first 24 hours.

I know, its worthless if I wanted to use it to match. But, I am curious to have a look at it.

I know, its worthless if I wanted to use it to match. But, I am curious to have a look at it.

how is it that "everyone" has this list? I have yet to see it anywhere! i've pm'ed and emailed my heart out!

how is it that "everyone" has this list? I have yet to see it anywhere! i've pm'ed and emailed my heart out!

additionally, I understand sdn mods taking posts and lists concerning unfilled positions down before thursday at noon. But the scramble is over, so correct me if Im wrong, but at this point it's not any nrmp violation right?

Someone should just help us all out, be a good sdner and post the list :)

...correct me if Im wrong, but at this point it's not any nrmp violation right?

You are wrong. It's a breach of contract to share this list until NRMP makes it public. The scramble continues for those who paid their dues and are still seeking a position until NRMP deems it over. So yeah, you can still be considered violating the NRMP contract if you distribute this list before NRMP does. Sit and wait until they do -- shouldn't be too long now.

You are wrong. It's a breach of contract to share this list until NRMP makes it public. The scramble continues for those who paid their dues and are still seeking a position until NRMP deems it over. So yeah, you can still be considered violating the NRMP contract if you distribute this list before NRMP does. Sit and wait until they do -- shouldn't be too long now.

I did not know this. I always thought the scramble had a definite/set end time. Thank you for the information.

I did not know this. I always thought the scramble had a definite/set end time. Thank you for the information.

Well the "scramble" started last Tuesday at noon and continues until folks find a spot. People conventionally think of it ending at the end of the day Wednesday because after that point you don't get to participate in Match Day. But every year there are always one or two who take a bit longer to find a spot. At any rate, if they registed for the match and paid their dues, they paid for this exclusivity time when they don't have to compete with the folks who didn't pay for the list. And folks should respect that. But even if they don't, there's a contract that requires it.

Well the "scramble" started last Tuesday at noon and continues until folks find a spot. People conventionally think of it ending at the end of the day Wednesday because after that point you don't get to participate in Match Day. But every year there are always one or two who take a bit longer to find a spot. At any rate, if they registed for the match and paid their dues, they paid for this exclusivity time when they don't have to compete with the folks who didn't pay for the list. And folks should respect that. But even if they don't, there's a contract that requires it.

And it's more than a few stragglers this year. Unfortunately, I personally know 3 people in this position. Be happy you matched and don't worry about the unfilled spots.

Well the "scramble" started last Tuesday at noon and continues until folks find a spot. People conventionally think of it ending at the end of the day Wednesday because after that point you don't get to participate in Match Day. But every year there are always one or two who take a bit longer to find a spot.

Don't some programs(even if they never officially "pull" the slot) never actually fill.....

One place I did an away at only had 5 pgy-1's out of a quota of 6. The pd said they never matched it, but still had their eyes open for anyone they liked to take it.

So this was FIVE MONTHS out of the match.....should the list still be kept secret for those handful of spots across the country that can't decide to pull it or give it to someone. Does nrmp every year just make up an arbitrary date(a week? two weeks? 4 days? 2 months?) for when they will publish the list?

So this was FIVE MONTHS out of the match.....should the list still be kept secret for those handful of spots across the country that can't decide to pull it or give it to someone. Does nrmp every year just make up an arbitrary date(a week? two weeks? 4 days? 2 months?) for when they will publish the list?

I don't get your point. NRMP has all rights to its list and when and even if they make the list public is up to them. But the folks who paid to scramble are still doing so, so your arguments that "it's time" are unpersuasive. And saying "it's been long enough" is not a good argument for others to break a contract either. You need to sit tight. The list will circulate soon enough. But it's not your call when.

I don't get your point. NRMP has all rights to its list and when and even if they make the list public is up to them. QUOTE]

fair point. I was able to see the list(at least the part of the list I wanted to) on another forum just an hour ago to see if my program filled, but I guess the nrmp can do whatever the want with it....you're right.

You can view it on the NRMP. Login-->My reports-->Match Outcome for All Programs by State

NRMP takes copyright violations seriously, even with old lists.