2011-2012 Drexel Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate that people are posting when they verified and when they received the secondary.

I'm still verifying, but I look forward to this one! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I appreciate that people are posting when they verified and when they received the secondary.

I'm still verifying, but I look forward to this one! :laugh:

Verified: 6/3
Secondary Received and Submitted: 7/20
Complete: 7/21

How long did it take you to be complete? I'm sitting at one week now...

On my applicant status it says the received my application fee, LOR's, and supplemental application on 7/29. So it took me about 2 weeks to get the complete email.

I know all of my materials were in 8/5 and my online status says complete, but I haven't received an e-mail. Should I call?

I know all of my materials were in 8/5 and my online status says complete, but I haven't received an e-mail. Should I call?

Same here, I just sent them an email so I'll let you know what they reply!

I have yet to be verified but I want to begin working on my secondary essays. The first post by the SDN moderator does not indicate what, if any, the essay states. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad :)
"Please do so frequently throughout the admissions cycle, as we do not update you via e-mail regarding receipt of items or complete/incomplete status."

Straight from my email that contained my secondary link. hope that helps and save you guys a call!

I have yet to be verified but I want to begin working on my secondary essays. The first post by the SDN moderator does not indicate what, if any, the essay states. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks guys.
There is no essay for Drexel, though you do have a chance to talk about any breaks you've had from school (semester/year off) or during your glide year or previous life. Eastern Blot, this has been mentioned several times throughout the thread, but I'll mention to the mod to update the first post. Good luck!

There is no essay for Drexel, though you do have a chance to talk about any breaks you've had from school (semester/year off) or during your glide year or previous life. Eastern Blot, this has been mentioned several times throughout the thread, but I'll mention to the mod to update the first post. Good luck!

CC secondaries are awesome when you have nothing left in you to write.

status page: " Thank you for your interest in Drexel Univ. College of Medicine. Our interview season has concluded. All applicants who have not been interviewed are being released from consideration for the 2011 application cycle"

really? already??:confused:

Didn't get an e-mail, but checked my status, and it said I had been invited for an interview. I guess check your decisions online. (but says an e-mail will be sent).

status page: " Thank you for your interest in Drexel Univ. College of Medicine. Our interview season has concluded. All applicants who have not been interviewed are being released from consideration for the 2011 application cycle"

really? already??:confused:
that's strange. it says that "no decision has been made" for me...must be some kind of glitch

that's strange. it says that "no decision has been made" for me...must be some kind of glitch

Um.. are you guys serious? It clearly says that in accordance with the 2011 applicant cycle haha... This is for applicants seeking admission in the 2012 class, no schools complete their interview process by August, especially when they send out a fairly late secondary...

Yay interview invite! I was complete on 8/2. GPA very low (like <3.2), MCAT >35.

interview invite! everyone should definitely check the site, cause i didn't get an email, just checked my status. :)

YEAH BABY!!!! LOVE U DREXEL!!!

I am ECSTATIC!!!!

OKay, I haven't recieved a secondary yet. I called drexel and they told me to wait as they are released in batches....

I'm getting nervous because people are getting interviews.... :xf:

OKay, I haven't recieved a secondary yet. I called drexel and they told me to wait as they are released in batches....

I'm getting nervous because people are getting interviews.... :xf:

I was verified 7/18 and didn't receive the secondary until 8/10. Don't worry too much.

I don't have an interview either. People with IIs must have submitted their AMCAS apps on 6/1.

I don't have an interview either. People with IIs must have submitted their AMCAS apps on 6/1.

I don't know about AMCAS submit date, looks like people are getting IIs who sent in their secondaries only a couple of weeks ago:

Yay interview invite! I was complete on 8/2. GPA very low (like <3.2), MCAT >35.

As for me, I submitted 7/20, complete 7/21, but I just checked the decision website and have nothing doing...

did you all get complete emails? I submitted everything 7/25 but have not gotten an actual complete email

Um... Does anyone else have THIS on their Decision page?

"Thank you for your interest in Drexel Univ. College of Medicine. Our interview season has concluded. All applicants who have not been interviewed are being released from consideration for the 2011 application cycle."

Is this a rejection or some fluke from last year... doesn't sound that great.

nvm: just saw that other people got this too. bleargh.

Last edited:
did you all get complete emails? I submitted everything 7/25 but have not gotten an actual complete email

Submitted 7/19 but my status didn't change to complete until 8/5 due to late LOR. And no email confirmation.

Submitted 7/19 but my status didn't change to complete until 8/5 due to late LOR. And no email confirmation.

where do you find out that your status changed to complete? My decision page just says no decision has been made

where do you find out that your status changed to complete? My decision page just says no decision has been made

On the application summary page, there's a table with all your info. Look for "Application status"

mine also says no decision has been made :( i also haven't received the complete email yet? is it a good sign not to receive the complete email?

"Thank you for your interest in Drexel Univ. College of Medicine. Our interview season has concluded. All applicants who have not been interviewed are being released from consideration for the 2011 application cycle."

Is this a rejection or some fluke from last year... doesn't sound that great.

nvm: just saw that other people got this too. bleargh.

I got it too. Not sure if it's a mistake or a very poorly phrased rejection.

So the question I have is... for people who have the interview invites on their "Status" line, what text is there when you click on the "To View Your Decision Click Here" link?

I also have this status.

It looks like the same thing happened last year, only last year it said 2010:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=728237&page=6

So maybe this is not a glitch? I didn't read the whole thread, but the guy who originally posted that he got this status eventually got an "on hold" status.

I also have this status.

It looks like the same thing happened last year, only last year it said 2010:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=728237&page=6

So maybe this is not a glitch? I didn't read the whole thread, but the guy who originally posted that he got this status eventually got an "on hold" status.

Yeah, I kind of think it's likely to mean "something" as well. I wouldn't exactly be happy to get a thumbs down, but it would be kind of funny to get my first interview from Mayo and my first rejection from Drexel. :laugh:

Interview Invite!!!! Yes!!!! No e-mail, just check the status page. Anyone else interviewing on Sept 19th? I'm going to try to shack up with a current Drexel student.

welp mine still says "No decision is currently available. Please continue checking this website for updates."

is that what we're supposed to see unless we got an interview invite?

Status
Not open for further replies.