2011-2012 Financial Aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Celinefan2008

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

I have received the following message from the school I will be attending: "We have received your application for financial aid and see that according to the National Student Loan Data System you have exceeded or are approaching your aggregate loan limits". I have about $40K total undergrad debt, $36K of which is Staffords and Perkins. How worried should I be in anticipation of my aid? Any advice of where to look for scholarships?
P.S. I am a permanent resident...

Thank you.
 
An independent undergraduate student's sub/unsub loan limit is $57,500. Of that $57,500, only $23,000 of it can be in subsidized loans. Once you are considered a graduate or professional student, your loan limit changes to $138,500, of which $65,500 can be in subsidized loans.