2011-2012 Georgetown Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sent a letter of interest to the general georgetown med email but did not get a response back. Is that typical?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure, look it up in the directory? It's also somewhere in this thread. I'll let you find it though. :p

Sent a letter of interest to the general georgetown med email but did not get a response back. Is that typical?

i don't think it makes a difference actually.
i sent mine to both email addresses. i did not get a response from ms. sullivan. but admissions office responded a few days later, saying they added the letter to my profile for CAP evaluation.

Has anyone who interviewed 2/3 or later heard back yet?

I haven't, although I did interview a lot later (2/27). They said I should hear by "mid-April," so hopefully something will happen soon.

Interviewed 1/27 and still nothing : /
It's been 10 weeks, but feels like 20

Okay so this is week 10...hopefully I will hear something in the next few days.

My CAP decision status just disappeared this morning... Good sign!?

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't received an email yet. I just randomly decided to check it for some reason

Yup, same here! Hopefully it follows the same trend as those from before. :xf:

When were you guys CAP'ed? Did you send letters?

CAP'ed a while back, round 11/14. I've sent two letters so far, and was planning on sending another one soon. But I guess I'll wait it out until April 15th.

When were you guys CAP'ed? Did you send letters?

I was capped in early October, sent a letter in December, late February, and then another one last week.

Rejected via status change. Not surprised after how awful my interview was (see previous posts).

I'm looking forward to second look on Friday! Who all is attending?

And of course, congratulations to all of you accepted off the CAP today! So happy for you all!

And of course, congratulations to all of you accepted off the CAP today! So happy for you all!

Thanks, buddy! Unfortunately, I have a prior commitment, so I won't be there. Let us know how it goes!

On a side note, is there a Facebook group yet? Do I need to be invited?

Congrats to everyone recently accepted off CAP!

I'll be attending. Though in all honesty I'm only going to see if I have any better experience that may sway my current choice for med school.

Thanks, buddy! Unfortunately, I have a prior commitment, so I won't be there. Let us know how it goes!

On a side note, is there a Facebook group yet? Do I need to be invited?

Congrats to everyone recently accepted off CAP!

Congrats on your acceptance!! ...No facebook group yet, i think someone was looking into it

youll be invited to their own social network soon...it's been pretty quiet on there though lol

When is the next AdCom meeting? Interviewed late Feb. and was told I'd hear by mid-April.

I'm planning on going. I saw something on the website indicating that we need to dress "professionally"...ugh

I'm planning on going. I saw something on the website indicating that we need to dress "professionally"...ugh
Ya. I thought this whole formality thing was over...

yeah, I definitely was looking forward to rolling around in jeans...

Hey I know you guys wanted to come in jeans for second look...I wish you could too! However, they are taking you into the hospital. This automatically means professional dress. Sorry. Ladies, SERIOUSLY, make sure you are wearing comfy shoes. I remember last year some girls came in 4+ in heels. You will be walking around and standing, and I don't know about you, heels like that hurt me. Just keep that in mind! I am looking forward to seeing some of you at the social at Epicurean afterwards. Pitchers of beer for all!

Just Epi? Why not someplace like Tombs or something?

Hi, I'm going to second look tomorrow and will be getting into town soon. Does anyone know of anything going on tonight? Let me know if you know if there is. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi, I'm going to second look tomorrow and will be getting into town soon. Does anyone know of anything going on tonight? Let me know if you know if there is. Thanks!
Tombs will probably be your best bet. It's on 36th and N.

When is the next AdCom meeting? Interviewed late Feb. and was told I'd hear by mid-April.

I'm in the same boat, got in touch with Mrs. Sullivan today. Sounds like they're a few weeks behind. She said an email with decision will go out around 5/1. :xf:

Hey Guys, the Class of 2016 Facebook page is now up! If you have been accepted and want to join send me a PM.

P-SAC

Are there any applicants CAPped mid-February or later been pulled off the list?

It seems those accepted off CAP all interviewed between October - November.
Do you think adcom reviews the CAP list in chronological order?

I interviewed early December, CAPped mid-February. Have yet to receive news since. Anyone in the same boat?

Last edited:
Are there any applicants CAPped mid-February or later been pulled off the list?

It seems those accepted off CAP all interviewed between October - November.
Do you think adcom reviews the CAP list in chronological order?

I interviewed early December, CAPped mid-February. Have yet to receive news since. Anyone in the same boat?

Same situation/timing here. I've written two letters so far. Hoping we'll hear something good soon!

Hey guys- unfortunately I wasn't able to make it to the second look (it was during Passover), but I'm going to be in the DC area today and tomorrow and would love to visit the campus. Do I need to make special arrangements in order to do this?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.