2011-2012 Georgetown Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, not the answer I was looking for, anyone else?

Bummer thanks though NN = )

I'm afraid that's the on;y answer you're gonna get. Unless they interview all 10000 applicants.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm afraid that's the on;y answer you're gonna get. Unless they interview all 10000 applicants.

I thought it was a pretty funny joke. Don't be so srs poker face.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you guys answering/have you guys answered the question, "Is there any further information that you would like the Committee on Admissions to be aware of when reviewing your file that you were not able to notate in another section of this or the AMCAS Application? (1000 characters)."

Georgetown is one of my top choices but I really don't have anything significant to add that wasn't in my "Why Georgetown?"/diversity essay/AMCAS application....

Is it fine to leave it blank?

Last edited:
Well, it's Thursday...any news on invites? :xf:

Nothing yet :(

I reviewed the 2010-2011 thread. It appears that interviews are sent out bi-weekly, and at times, every third week. The interview invites for last year were sent out 7/29, 8/12, 8/26, and 9/16. So I think we're all waiting until next week! :)

I reviewed the 2010-2011 thread. It appears that interviews are sent out bi-weekly, and at times, every third week. The interview invites for last year were sent out 7/29, 8/12, 8/26, and 9/16. So I think we're all waiting until next week! :)

Ahhhh, I see. Thanks for this! Well see you all at this time next week.

Members don't see this ad :)

Good find! :thumbup:

Bah, just complete YESTERDAY. dang committee letter. why are you so slooooow. I wonder if I could even be in the running for the 8/12 invite date? Probably not...ramble, ramble, come on GU!, ramble.

Interview invite! Very excited.

Complete on 7/15.

Interview Invite! Complete 7/15, Interview Invite 8/8, Interview scheduled for 9/6, Tuesday.

Congrats on all the interview invites! Please, GT, give me some love. :xf:

Wow Snuke, you sure did not waste any time in signing up, haha

Nope! haha, that's my first day of classes, so it's not like I'm missing anything. Easy decision. :thumbup:

Congrats to everyone!

+1 on IIs :D hopefully get to see some of y'all there... Haven't decided on a date yet.

Is everyone's invites coming in the morning (eastern), or are you getting them in the afternoon as well..I never know whether to anticipate something or not after the morning has passed with all these interview invites

Congrats guys! Did you receive an email or was it posted on your status page? (and is the status page the main page we see when we log in to the website, or do I need to be checking elsewhere?)

Is everyone's invites coming in the morning (eastern), or are you getting them in the afternoon as well..I never know whether to anticipate something or not after the morning has passed with all these interview invites

Just got the email at 1:30 pm EST.

Interview invite as well! So pumped to check out D.C. and Gtown!

Complete 7/21
3.91c 3.97s 31Q

Email at 1:30 pm Eastern

Interviewing on 9/12!

Congrats! Maybe some of us will get to meet the famous SteveJMarist! :laugh:

Haha, thanks for the support!

And you were all worried! :D Not any more, I hope.

HAHA Steve you're famous!

:D

what are your stats for those who received interviews?

30-32, 3.6-3.7 non-trad OOS

Congrats guys! Did you receive an email or was it posted on your status page? (and is the status page the main page we see when we log in to the website, or do I need to be checking elsewhere?)

I received an email.

Interview Invite (via email at 11:29am)!

I scheduled for 9/15.

35, 3.86c/3.61s

anyone getting invites who was complete 7/25 or later? thanks and congratulations!

Yo, Famous Steve,

CONGRATS!!

When were you complete??

Yo, Famous Steve,

CONGRATS!!

When were you complete??

Thanks! I'm not too sure about this famous talk though, haha. I was complete on 7/15. Good luck to you!

Congrats to others that received invites as well! I'll be seeing some of you soon!

Thanks! I'm not too sure about this famous talk though, haha. I was complete on 7/15. Good luck to you!

Congrats to others that received invites as well! I'll be seeing some of you soon!

Congrats buddy. I see you posting on just about every OOS school thread that I applied to and am glad to see you get an invite here.

Is there a place to check to see that Gtown has your letters? I haven't seen anything, wanted to make sure I wasn't going insane with all these secondaries

Congrats buddy. I see you posting on just about every OOS school thread that I applied to and am glad to see you get an invite here.

Thanks! Yea, we have a very similar list (I think we have similar stats too). When is your interview date again? I'm so excited to see the school, the city, and my friends that live out there.

Thanks for the info, Famous Steve! ;) I am hoping for some Gtown love! But I was complete a couple weeks after you.

Is there a place to check to see that Gtown has your letters? I haven't seen anything, wanted to make sure I wasn't going insane with all these secondaries

They will email you.

Last edited:
Thanks! Yea, we have a very similar list (I think we have similar stats too). When is your interview date again? I'm so excited to see the school, the city, and my friends that live out there.

Yeah, our stats are similar.

My date is 8/29. I'm flying up two days before the interview so I can have a whole day to explore the city. I'm excited.

Yeah, our stats are similar.

My date is 8/29. I'm flying up two days before the interview so I can have a whole day to explore the city. I'm excited.

Yea, I am going to fly in early as well so that I can explore too. It is going to be great!

I got the Georgetown secondary ~4 weeks ago but haven't completed it yet (just inadvertently got pushed to the bottom of my pile). Do you guys think it's too late to submit it now?

I got the Georgetown secondary ~4 weeks ago but haven't completed it yet (just inadvertently got pushed to the bottom of my pile). Do you guys think it's too late to submit it now?

Of course not. Thousands of people haven't even submitted their primary.

Of course not. Thousands of people haven't even submitted their primary.

I meant because it's taken me 4 weeks to do it, not because it's late in the season :) (not sure how true the "2 week rule" actually is)

(not sure how true the "2 week rule" actually is)

Same here... in fact I'd never even heard of it before SDN. Most of my secondaries were submitted within 2-3 weeks but at least four or five will have been submitted after well over 6 weeks as I was traveling when I received them. Hopefully it won't affect my application too negatively!

Status
Not open for further replies.