2011-2012 Morehouse Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I interviewed back in October. Everytime I call I get the same answer "your application is still being reviewed". I have had other interviews that were in January and February and I have already heard back from them...which is what concerns me about Morehouse. These schools were out of state, I really want to stay in state but I cant keep waiting on Morehouse.

Interviewed since October?? Now that's brutal.

Members don't see this ad.

Interviewed since October?? Now that's brutal.
Beansmd, wow man you have a few interviews under your belt. Congratulations and hope the results were positive. I am OOS, but just loved MSM. Loved the faculty, staff, campus.... This school is such a great fit for me. I come from a small city and was impressed with all MSM had to offer. I keep praying and hoping I will receive the "brown envelope" in the mail. The waiting is killing me!! I was waitlisted/put on hold in a couple of universities. Mentioned there were an overwhelming number of candidates. So, I guess being waitlisted or on hold means no interview!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Are there any more interview dates left this year? Does anyone know when they send out the last interview invites? Still hoping..

Does anyone know when Morehouse will send the last round of acceptances?

I'm not sure. I interviewed 12/2... I'm still waiting. Looking back at last years thread, late march is the last batch of acceptances I see.

I'm not sure. I interviewed 12/2... I'm still waiting. Looking back at last years thread, late march is the last batch of acceptances I see.

Okay, thanks! Hopefully we'll be hearing some good news soon. :luck:

I received an interview invite this past Monday 2/20 so I think they are still sending out invites. Best of luck!

I was interviewed 1/20.
RefinedMess, I was with you then. I interviewed the same date 1/20. Have not received any news either. Getting really nervous. Are you IS or OOS? I am OOS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Congratulations!! Can I ask when you interviewed? I interviewed a few weeks ago and I'm wondering if I should be looking out for the mail tomorrow :xf:

Thank you! I was interviewed on Jan. 20th. I'm hoping you'll get one soon too.

congrats! I really hope mine arrive today too...
Just wondering, could you tell me when they sent out the package?
I'm IS and interviewed on the 13th of Jan, pray the mail just being slow :xf::xf:

Last edited:
Is there a Facebook group or sdn page for c/o 2016?

congrats! I really hope mine arrive today too...
Just wondering, could you tell me when they sent out the package?
I'm IS and interviewed on the 13th of Jan, pray the mail just being slow :xf::xf:

I will check as soon as I get home. But it was probably sent out on the 26th or the 27th. I will let you know as soon as I'm sure.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

Thank you!!!:love:

Is there a Facebook group or sdn page for c/o 2016?

I haven't found one. Let me know if you find one (or make one) :)

I also received my acceptance letter at the beginning of this week!!! :soexcited:

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted and good luck to those who are still waiting!!

I am so excited to be attending my #1 choice for medical school! God is SO good!!

To everyone still waiting, please DO NOT GIVE UP and DO NOT LOSE HEART!!! I have been working toward achieving this goal for a Long Long Long time! I have encountered and overcome many obstacles (as I'm sure many of you have as well), however, I did not let those things keep me from Relentlessly pursuing my goal of becoming a physician! If you truly desire to become a physician, continue to be Persistent, Committed, and Faithful...It Will Happen! I am living proof that prayer, persistence, and committment will all pay off when it is your time!!!

Reactions: 1 user
To everyone still waiting, please DO NOT GIVE UP and DO NOT LOSE HEART!!! I have been working toward achieving this goal for a Long Long Long time! I have encountered and overcome many obstacles (as I'm sure many of you have as well), however, I did not let those things keep me from Relentlessly pursuing my goal of becoming a physician! If you truly desire to become a physician, continue to be Persistent, Committed, and Faithful...It Will Happen! I am living proof that prayer, persistence, and commitment will all pay off when it is your time!!!

Very encouraging words. I interviewed on December 2 and am still waiting. I fell in love with Morehouse during my interview. This is the second batch of acceptance letters that have gone out and I have not received one yet... which makes me nervous. I really would love to go here. I called today and they said the committee still hasn't made a decision on my file yet. I am trying to stay prayerful and optimistic. I hope that my being out of state does not hinder my chances... :(

To all those who have been accepted by Morehouse, could you please let us know OOS's if you are IS or OOS!! The waiting is killing me!! Morehouse please pick me. You are my Number 1 Choice!!

I'm sorry I've been MIA but the letter was written on Feb. 20, postmarked Feb. 24, and received Feb. 28.

To all those who have been accepted by Morehouse, could you please let us know OOS's if you are IS or OOS!! The waiting is killing me!! Morehouse please pick me. You are my Number 1 Choice!!

I'm IS

When were you interviewed and when where you accepted? Which state are you from bigloley? I am from Florida!!

Hey all! I'm anxiously waiting for someone to say "yes" with the rest of you. Anyone getting anything more than "Your file is under review" from Morehouse? The run around is killing me! :scared:

Very encouraging words. I interviewed on December 2 and am still waiting. I fell in love with Morehouse during my interview. This is the second batch of acceptance letters that have gone out and I have not received one yet... which makes me nervous. I really would love to go here. I called today and they said the committee still hasn't made a decision on my file yet. I am trying to stay prayerful and optimistic. I hope that my being out of state does not hinder my chances... :(
LSU 2015 continue to stay prayerful! I know the waiting and wondering is driving you crazy but at least you haven't received the "other" letter...which means you are still being considered! Hopefully being oos will not hinder you...there were several oos people in my interview group! Good luck!!

I am IS.

Hello everyone:)

I've been lurking on SDN for awhile now trying to get tips, encouragement and any news about my prospective schools. I also received the still reviewing applicants email way back in January. I was wondering if there is still hope for an II so late in the process? I sent a letter of continued interest today.....hopefully we'll know something soon:(

To be honest, it's a tad late for an II. But that being said, I know people who are still getting IIs from other schools right now. So there's always hope. Morehouse, comparatively, interviews a small amount of students compared to other privates with their class size (so I've heard/read).

As a reapplicant, I know it's stressful, but you just do what you need to do. No need to stress out. What happens happens. Admissions is such a crapshoot, that there's no way to see what's coming . Put in your 100%, and you will get in somewhere. If not this cycle, then next cycle.

Good luck to everyone!

I'm IS

Thanks for the info TripsOverRoots. I figured as much:(

Has anyone received a rejection or waitlisted letter? It seems like they only sent out acceptances.

Has anyone received a rejection or waitlisted letter? It seems like they only sent out acceptances.

Seems to be that way. I wish someone would hear something...anything! to inform the rest of us...sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.