2011-2012 Ohio State Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Theoretically (and I am by no means a stats person) , but shouldn't about 50% of us have heard based on pervious posts and data from the admissions office?

My math is much different than that. Eventually, about 50% of interviewees will be accepted, but that includes waitlist and people deferred.

Members don't see this ad.

My math is much different than that. Eventually, about 50% of interviewees will be accepted, but that includes waitlist and people deferred.

He's right. 50% overall acceptance doesn't mean 50% of interviewees get an acceptance right after they interview.

I'm sure you guys are right. I'm just flustered that no one has heard. BSU, have you?

Members don't see this ad :)
Two weeks ago I called into the admissions office. The secretary told me that they accepted 5 or 6 people off of the deferred list and only 4 people from the previous interview cycle. I am on the deferred list as well.

Two weeks ago I called into the admissions office. The secretary told me that they accepted 5 or 6 people off of the deferred list and only 4 people from the previous interview cycle. I am on the deferred list as well.

Wait, so they already accepted 5 or 6 people from deferred list this cycle???

I feel like they're gonna give out less straight acceptances and more off the deferred list because of their over enrollment last year.

Has anyone's status been updated? Mine still says 'Interview Completed'. They said we'd hear today, so it looks like the admissions office is staying late.

Has anyone's status been updated? Mine still says 'Interview Completed'. They said we'd hear today, so it looks like the admissions office is staying late.

Mine still says "Interview Completed" as well. I'm starting to suspect the November 8th deadline was a mistake. The status page says "10 days after your interview", which is what Dean Capers said as well (meaning November 9th for me).

Mine still says "Interview Completed" as well. I'm starting to suspect the November 8th deadline was a mistake. The status page says "10 days after your interview", which is what Dean Capers said as well (meaning November 9th for me).

Maybe, but they tweeted that if you interviewed on the 24th, 26th, or 31st, they would let you know today. Mine was on the 24th, so by the 10 day logic i would have heard back yesterday.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they reconsider all previously deferred applicants every time they make admissions decision?

This is ever so random, but I looked at your MDApps profile, and it says you are Arabic. But Arabic is a language :confused:. Does it mean you are from the Middle East? Just wondering. As you can see, the waiting game is getting to me, and I am pondering the most nonsensical of things :laugh:.

Hope you all get the call tonight. :luck:

This is ever so random, but I looked at your MDApps profile, and it says you are Arabic. But Arabic is a language :confused:. Does it mean you are from the Middle East? Just wondering. As you can see, the waiting game is getting to me, and I am pondering the most nonsensical of things :laugh:.

Hope you all get the call tonight. :luck:

I agree it does not make any sense, but MDapps didn't have a "middle eastern" option so I went with the closest option. :shrug:

it makes me nervous because it seems like nobody has gotten a rejection yet... are we all going to get it at the same time at midnight?

Still no status update. Anyone know whats up, or called the office yet?

I just called the office. They told me the date they sent out was wrong and the actual dates were the 11th and 15th.

I just called the office. They told me the date they sent out was wrong and the actual dates were the 11th and 15th.

Meaning acceptance calls on the 11th and status updates on the 15th?

Meaning acceptance calls on the 11th and status updates on the 15th?

Yea thats what i'm assuming. Its basically gonna dictate what kind of drunk im going to be this weekend.

I'm going to pop an aneurysm before I can make it to Day 1 of med school

Received an email:

If you interviewed on October 24, 26 or 31, you will receive an admission decision by Tuesday, November 15, 2011.

If you are accepted, Dr. Quinn Capers, IV, Dean for Admissions, will personally call you. He will begin making calls to all accepted applicants after 7:00 p.m. EST on Friday, November 11, 2011.

so much unnecessary stress...:scared:

Received an email:

If you interviewed on October 24, 26 or 31, you will receive an admission decision by Tuesday, November 15, 2011.

If you are accepted, Dr. Quinn Capers, IV, Dean for Admissions, will personally call you. He will begin making calls to all accepted applicants after 7:00 p.m. EST on Friday, November 11, 2011.

so much unnecessary stress...:scared:

I would honestly rather not know when the acceptances are going out because then you literally sit by your phone every second of your life, and then feel depressed if it doesn't pan out. Same thing happened to me for UM. So now I make every effort to not know when acceptance calls/ e-mails are going out, and this way I can be pleasantly surprised. I realize my anecdote does not help anybody, but this is thread about sharing, dammit. :laugh: :luck:

I would honestly rather not know when the acceptances are going out because then you literally sit by your phone every second of your life, and then feel depressed if it doesn't pan out. Same thing happened to me for UM. So now I make every effort to not know when acceptance calls/ e-mails are going out, and this way I can be pleasantly surprised. I realize my anecdote does not help anybody, but this is thread about sharing, dammit. :laugh: :luck:

I completely agree. I wish they hadn't sent out that email. I was perfectly content not expecting a call or anything for another couple of weeks, rather than look at my phone every second for a call that might or might not come.

Accepted :) Got the call from Dr. Capers about 30 minutes ago. He was very nice and congratulatory. Very excited about this acceptance! :)

Good luck to everyone and hope you all receive calls. :)

Last edited:
I got the call today too. Congrats if you have heard, good luck to all others!

Hopefully. Though I already feel like I got rejected Monday and Tuesday.... won't feel too bad w/o a call tonight.

Nope, Im done expecting anything at certain times with how unpredictable it has been.

2.5 weeks?

They gave me a date 2 months after i got the invite!

Invite in Sept for interview in Nov.

Hmmmm. I submitted my app kind of late, so maybe I got an interview slot that somebody who withdrew had? I know the interview dates are scheduled.

Too bad, I really would have preferred a later interview. 2.5 weeks to prepare just doesn't feel like enough. And I still have no idea what to expect :confused:

Once I finish, I'll come back and let you know how it went ;)

is osu still giving out many interviews? ive been complete since late july and no news yet

I didn't get an interview invite from OSU until March and I interviewed in April. I got a call from Dr. Capers the following Monday. There is still PLENTY of hope! :) Don't get too down-in-the-dumps!

I didn't get an interview invite from OSU until March and I interviewed in April. I got a call from Dr. Capers the following Monday. There is still PLENTY of hope! :) Don't get too down-in-the-dumps!

yea unfortunately i dont think they will be interviewing 1000 people and into april this time around so i think its just a really unlucky year to be applying here. this is my top choice too but i guess it is still only november

I was an Oct 19 interviewee, and got the email that acceptances from that date would be going out on Oct 26. No call for me then, and on Oct 27 my status was updated to deferred. I didn't expect any movement on this for a while, if at all.

However, on Nov 9 I got the call from Dr. Capers that I was accepted! :woot:

I guess that there is more hope from a deferred status than I thought...

(I know, I'm a little late posting this...)

Has anybody that interviewed on Oct 24, 26, 31 that didn't get a call on Friday had their status updated on the medstarr site yet? Not sure if "a decision by Tues Nov 15" meant by the start of day or the end of the day.

I was an Oct 19 interviewee, and got the email that acceptances from that date would be going out on Oct 26. No call for me then, and on Oct 27 my status was updated to deferred. I didn't expect any movement on this for a while, if at all.

However, on Nov 9 I got the call from Dr. Capers that I was accepted! :woot:

I guess that there is more hope from a deferred status than I thought...

(I know, I'm a little late posting this...)

This gives me hope. Congrats on your acceptance. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.