2011-2012 Ohio State Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got deferred too. It seems like everyone so far has gotten accepted or deferred. No one posted about post-interview rejection yet

Members don't see this ad.

I'm having trouble checking my status...I went to the website listed in the email and logged in, but its telling me to go to another website, for which I don't have a password to go with my AAMC ID. Help? (sorry if this has been asked before)

x

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Does OSU hand out rejections post-interview? Or is it only acceptance and defferal?

Yeah does anyone know? It seems like everyone who wasn't accepted gets deferrals so far

They said they usually don't hand out rejections this early in the cycle, but it does happen rarely. My guess is you'd have to really mess up the interview pretty good to get an all out rejection this early.

Yeah does anyone know? It seems like everyone who wasn't accepted gets deferrals so far

Seems like last year most people did get deferred if they weren't accepted (myself included) but there were a couple SDNers who posted with a rejection so it has happened before as per last year's thread

They said they usually don't hand out rejections this early in the cycle, but it does happen rarely. My guess is you'd have to really mess up the interview pretty good to get an all out rejection this early.

Do they not hand out rejections this early because they interview more competitive people first?

does anyone know the best way to get from the CMH airport to Ohio State? would public transportation or taxi be better?

Interview invite this morning! :D Anyone else going to OSU on November 16th?

And to those getting acceptances, congrats!
How was the interview atmosphere?

Are there any OSU medical students on here that would be willing to answer a few questions for me via private message? Thanks in advance.

PM me if you still have questions, I'd be happy to help.

I'M IN!!!!!!! Ahhh
Congrats! Hope you choose to be a Buckeye!

does anyone know the best way to get from the CMH airport to Ohio State? would public transportation or taxi be better?
Taxi, in my opinion. There is a way to do it by bus, but I'm not sure how, to be honest.

Members don't see this ad :)
INTERVIEWING HERE DECEMBER 14!!!!! Couldn't be happier.... Columbus I hope you're prepared for a Wolverine!!

Has anyone tried an in-the-area letter with OSU and been successful?

The best way would be taxi. Public transport will be way to complicated and you will have to change a couple of buses and wait and what not.
The cab usually takes ~$20. If you need some contact numbers of the cab companies, let me know!

Does anyone know if OSU accepts file updates after an II but prior to the interview? If so, in what format? Thank you!

x

Last edited:
Withdrew my acceptance from here today after getting into the school i'm 95% sure I'll matriculate at. Good luck to you all and I hope my spot goes to one of you!

God bless you, sir. I fell in love with OSU when I visited for interview day and I'm hoping for some good news in a couple of weeks. :xf:

Interview invite this morning! :D Anyone else going to OSU on November 16th?

And to those getting acceptances, congrats!
How was the interview atmosphere?

2.5 weeks?

They gave me a date 2 months after i got the invite!

Invite in Sept for interview in Nov.

what is the format of the interviews? where can i go to find out?

Is anyone else still not satisfied with the information being given about the new curriculum? I would like a sample schedule or something.

Anyone else interviewing Dec. 14? I am so excited. :D :luck:

Interview invite Jan 9th!! So pumped cuz this is my first choice!!!

footbl-OHIO.jpg

GO BUCKEYES!!!!!!!

So Ohio State is my first choice and I submitted my secondary on 6/27. My GPA is a little below their average and my MCAT is above their average. I never received an e-mail saying my secondary was complete, but my status changed to application received. So I told myself everything is fine and I would patiently wait for an interview invite. Now it is 4 months later and I am concern my number one choice has placed me on hold. Is it in appropriate for me to call admissions and ask about my application?

Thanks for the quick response, I'll be calling on monday.

Calls start tonight for my interview date :xf:

Who else agrees that it's pretty cruel of them to send out an email telling us to wait by our phones for a call that we might or might not get? :scared:

i grew up hearing "round on the ends and HI in the middle, O-HI-O"

be there weds!

I also grew up in the buckeye indoctrination, Good luck!

Calls start tonight for my interview date :xf:
Hope you hear some good news!

Me too...trying to keep my mind away from it for now. :xf:
You too!

Who else agrees that it's pretty cruel of them to send out an email telling us to wait by our phones for a call that we might or might not get? :scared:
Hey, at least it as a near definite time slot. I hate waiting on snail mail.

what time does Dr. Capers STOP making acceptance calls? I'd like to know so I can go to sleep.

the twitter says we'll all hear by november 8. Does that mean nov 8 at midnight? or just sometime during november 8?

Yeah, I haven't heard yet either. Maybe he will be doing calls tomorrow? :eek::eek:

It doesn't seem like it. This is cruel.

It's possible the people called aren't SDNers.

Theoretically (and I am by no means a stats person) , but shouldn't about 50% of us have heard based on pervious posts and data from the admissions office?

Status
Not open for further replies.