2011-2012 Ohio State Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I should probably say that I don't know if they are emailing *all* of the people with invites or just the people where they weren't sure if the requirement was being met after reading amcas course descriptions.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

My interview invite is for the 17th and I don't have anatomy yet haha. Was just going to take during the summer. Hopefully I'll get the email soon

I interviewed here last week and was really impressed by the school and would deffenetly be interesested in attending if I was accepted. However, at the interview I felt like the description of the new curriculum was a little vague when explaining the breakdown of lectures vs e-learning methods or independent learning. Perhaps this is because they really do want to make it vary based on each individual? I know that the curriculum will be different, but I was wondering if a current student not on the independent learning path could comment on their weekly schedule as far as how much lecture they attend each day and how much free time they have every day for independent learning or other interests. Thanks!

Last edited:
Anyone have any clue how far along Ohio State is with giving interviews? Do they continue giving interviews throughout February?

I actually asked this question after I was accepted, and a member of the admissions committee said that "Yes, we do considering the rigor of the degree when considering applicants, but usually that happens when we're deciding post-interview". As far as getting an interview with your stats, I think you have a shot. I don't mean to get your hopes up, but your stats are not that bad and you do have a publication.

And I sent in a letter of intent after March in addition to an extra letter of recommendation. I'm not sure whether it secured an interview for me or not, but it can't hurt. Just make sure your write something that isn't already evident from your application. Be strategic yet heartfelt and demonstrate to them that there's something else that they'd be missing out on if you weren't part of next year's class. :)

Good luck!

Hey! Thank you so much for posting this. I have an MCAT of 32, in-state, 3.52 cGPA and 3.43 sGPA...I know those are really below average but I also have research experience and I do have a publication. I am a buckeye for life and am DYING for an interview!

Do you think that the school takes into consideration the rigor of the applicant's major? For example, oh lets just say...an engineering major?

Also, did you inquire after not having received an interview invite by March? Or did you simply just wait and then received your invitation in April?

So does anyone know if we will find out this weekend or will we have to wait until Monday?

I remember them saying on interview day that they'd be calling right on the 15th. :xf:

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if the kid who's AMCAS mistakened him to be 13 years old during interview is on SDN?

Gotta love a school whose dean of admissions is willing to stay up all night calling those that are accepted :)

How about the school that comes to your door at midnight? Michigan Vs OSU. Nice to be answering the door and the phone at the same time.

Per Twitter..
OhioStateMed Ohio State Medicine
If you interviewed between Sept. 7 and Oct. 5 then you will be notified on October 16th of your acceptance!
Oh great. Now they are delaying acceptance notifications to Monday (Sunday night) on AAMC advice. Way to go!! I think Michigan still on track to notify tonite.

so confused...my email said:
"the Dean of Admissions will begin calling all accepted students...at 12:01 Sunday AM, October 16 (one minute past midnight, Saturday night)"
so it's just pushed back a day?

Last edited:
did everyone get the email last night? I saw the subject "Notification of Acceptances" and almost thought it was an acceptance even though I knew it was too early.

Also, did anyone else get an email that their anatomy class met the requirement? I got mine last week.

Last edited:
No call yet. Really hope that's not a bad sign...

No call for me. I fell in love with this school after the interview day so I'm very disappointed.

If no one got a call, I'd assume calls are going out tonight at midnight. That's what Dr. Capers has been saying at all the interview days I've been at this year, so maybe the e-mail they sent out was just unclear?

Thanks for giving me some hope. It would make sense too after the email stated the AAMC wanted them to delay until October 17th, but they were going to start calling on October 16th. But at the same time, their twitter said yesterday evening that acceptances would go out in a few hours.

I am just a little neurotic.

wow really no one got the call? My phone literally broke at 11:30pm last night so I guess I'll just have to wait till Tuesday.

Did anyone get the call? :( neurotic and sad waiting here too

Couldn't sleep because I kept waking up to check my phone :( The call never came.

No call either. Compared to last year's thread this is very strange. I'm surprised NO ONE got anything.

Last edited:
No call for me either. The more I think about it, the more I think there was a mixup on their end and someone thought they were calling last night and someone thought they were calling tonight? Their e-mail was weird how it said that AAMC suggests Oct 17 but that they were going to start Oct 16.

It just seems unlikely (although I guess possible) that no one on this thread got a call. I'm not giving up hope yet :)

The email was worded a little strangely, but they were pretty specific about when they would call "(one minute past midnight, Saturday night.)" although it appears that the person writing the email (and possibly updating the twitter) is not Dean Capers, so a mixup could be possible. It doesn't seem like the school would make a mistake like this and not correct it somehow (like on a twitter update).

also possible is nobody who were accepted uses sdn...

also possible is nobody who were accepted uses sdn...

Had to come out of lurking to post this:
downer1.jpg

P.S. No call here either. My guess is that there is something wrong. Hope everything is okay over at OSU.

If no one got a call you guys are ok!!! Just be patient please

Last edited:
Dr. Capers just called!!!! He said he wanted to call everyone last night but there was a family emergency that kept him from making the calls.

So hopefully some of you will be hearing from him real soon here!!

answer your phones!! I am so bummed I missed the call

Status
Not open for further replies.