2011-2012 Rush Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do we find the group?

Rush medical college class of 2016

the link is somewhere in the thread. Im on my phone sorry but it should be searchable.

Just harass jchap until you get let in ;)

Sent from my SCH-I510 using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad.

I received an e-mail from Ms. Gates around 3am this morning in which she included a lot of reasons why Rush is a great program and why I should attend (pretty sure it's an e-mail sent to many people but with my name inserted, given that it was sent so early in the morning). Given that it's Friday... I was just wondering if anyone has had this happen to them and then they received an acceptance later on in the day?

Last edited:
I received the same email from Ms. Gates. Nicely worded email, but not sure what to make of it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interesting!

I hope you both get good news soon.

I received an e-mail from Ms. Gates around 3am this morning in which she included a lot of reasons why Rush is a great program and why I should attend (pretty sure it's an e-mail sent to many people but with my name inserted, given that it was sent so early in the morning). Given that it's Friday... I was just wondering if anyone has had this happen to them and then they received an acceptance later on in the day?
Hey, I can't offer you any advice about what that might have meant but when did you interview? I had my interview on January 11th and still haven't heard anything! I'm so anxious and worried because I loved the school so much. Does anyone know if I should kind of assume that I am going to get a rejection or is it still in the realm of possibility that I'll get in?
Help!

Hey, I can't offer you any advice about what that might have meant but when did you interview? I had my interview on January 11th and still haven't heard anything! I'm so anxious and worried because I loved the school so much. Does anyone know if I should kind of assume that I am going to get a rejection or is it still in the realm of possibility that I'll get in?
Help!

Hey Jayzgirl, I interviewed on January 25th, so I'm thinking it's probably a little too early for me to hear back about anything. Best of luck!

Help!

I think it's too early to give up hope. You might even hear today! :luck:

From the information I received it doesn't seem like they have a second-look...

Did anyone hear from Rush this week? There were no posts on acceptances or rejections on Friday.

Accepted! :soexcited:

Interviewed:1/11

Haven't been able to find the Facebook group. Anyone have the link?

Ugh...... rejected. Interviewed 1/25. Really too bad I would have gone to Rush for sure.... Looks like I will be receiving a DO instead of an MD, but I am still happy with that :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats everyone! :)

Still crossing my fingers for an invite....:xf:

Ugh...... rejected. Interviewed 1/25. Really too bad I would have gone to Rush for sure.... Looks like I will be receiving a DO instead of an MD, but I am still happy with that :)

Where do the rejections come, in email, snail, or phone?

Does Rush notify of Waitlist in the same PDF attachment email format...or do they just not say anything?

Does Rush notify of Waitlist in the same PDF attachment email format...or do they just not say anything?

My friend who was waitlisted was definitely notified within the normal timeline. I assume he was emailed a pdf with his decision as well, but I didn't ask that.

Accepted!!!!!

Interviewed: 1/18

Anyone know more info about how much they offer in terms of financial aid?

I've been complete since August, still haven't heard from them. I suppose that I've been placed on pre-interview hold. I probably should hold my breath, Right?

Congrats! I have my interview next week - excited and nervous. Any tips??

Do you mind sharing when you were complete? I'm trying to deduce if they haven't gotten to my file yet or if I was passed over.. thanks!

The interviews were really laid back. They really want to get to know you. Just be yourself and you will be fine!

Just got an interview invite this a.m.! Big surprise, since I haven't heard a word since submitting my secondary in November. Does anyone know if there are many spots left in the class?

I wonder how effective sending them a short email basically saying I was still interested would be. I know they don't accept updates, but I'm desperate to get any kind of love from them at this point :(

Anyone hear anything today??

EDIT: Just got the acceptance email!! Interviewed 1/25. Sooo excited! :D

Last edited:
Just got an interview invite this a.m.! Big surprise, since I haven't heard a word since submitting my secondary in November. Does anyone know if there are many spots left in the class?

On our interview day (this week), they told us that 167/222 acceptance spots were currently filled. Plenty of room left for you : )

So I have been complete since late September/early October and have not heard one thing back from Rush since then. I just tried to check the app status online (up late studying) but it says it's down until tomorrow. Has anyone else had a situation where they've heard nothing back since completion (no I.I., no rejection, etc)? I've been blessed enough to have other chi-land acceptances but Rush has always been up there on my list, and I want to know if I still have a chance for a late season interview. Any input is much appreciated!

So I have been complete since late September/early October and have not heard one thing back from Rush since then. I just tried to check the app status online (up late studying) but it says it's down until tomorrow. Has anyone else had a situation where they've heard nothing back since completion (no I.I., no rejection, etc)? I've been blessed enough to have other chi-land acceptances but Rush has always been up there on my list, and I want to know if I still have a chance for a late season interview. Any input is much appreciated!
Same situation here... not a peep since completion in October....

Complete since early September and haven't heard anything since either...I really want to go here :/

I heard that not many people are accepted off the wait list. Is that true? I interviewed in November and was wait listed. I'm holding a Tulane acceptance, but really really loved Rush.

The last two interview dates for the season are Feb 29 and March 7. Anybody who already interviewed, how many people were in your interview group?

167/222 spots filled means 55 spots left with 3 interviewing groups left to consider (including the one today). Those are actually a lot better odds than I was hoping for given the late date of the season. Of course that's not to count out those who already interviewed earlier and are still waiting to hear back.

The last two interview dates for the season are Feb 29 and March 7. Anybody who already interviewed, how many people were in your interview group?

167/222 spots filled means 55 spots left with 3 interviewing groups left to consider (including the one today). Those are actually a lot better odds than I was hoping for given the late date of the season. Of course that's not to count out those who already interviewed earlier and are still waiting to hear back.

If I remember correctly there was about 20 people at my interview day.

Good luck! :luck:

Wow really? In the past they have interviewed at least through the end of March. Did you hear this from the admissions office?

Wow really? In the past they have interviewed at least through the end of March. Did you hear this from the admissions office?

This. Rush hands out interview invites in March as well. Unless, they changed something this year, in which case I would be a sad panda.

This. Rush hands out interview invites in March as well. Unless, they changed something this year, in which case I would be a sad panda.

Oh good! Then I will continue keeping up the hope that they will give me one!

Um, how do you know the last spot is March 7th? If that's just what you're getting from the interview scheduler, then its probably inaccurate, as they only open up slots as the need to arises (ie, when they've filled out the earlier dates). For example, when I was signing up, Feb 22nd showed up as the last date (and as we now know, that' definitely isn't true).

If you heard this from the admissions office though, then ignore me please : )

Just got a rando 221AM interview invite! I was never really expecting to hear anything back from RMC but am super excited now. Especially surprised bc I was complete all the way back in August for Rush. After the "UIC tuition hike of 2012" I would love to interview and have a chance at a different school in the med district. I guess never give up hope! Would've signed up when I saw the email but Rush's supp website is always offline overnight.

Yeah, unfortunately I did. I wanted to interview the week of March 13th since I had another interview in the area then, so I emailed them to ask. They responded:

Unfortunately, we are not interviewing during the week of March 12 because of Residency Match Week. February 29 and March 7 are our final interview days for the season. We hope you can join us!

So, basically from the horse's mouth.

Just got a rando 221AM interview invite! I was never really expecting to hear anything back from RMC but am super excited now. Especially surprised bc I was complete all the way back in August for Rush. After the "UIC tuition hike of 2012" I would love to interview and have a chance at a different school in the med district. I guess never give up hope! Would've signed up when I saw the email but Rush's supp website is always offline overnight.

Yeah, unfortunately I did. I wanted to interview the week of March 13th since I had another interview in the area then, so I emailed them to ask. They responded:

Unfortunately, we are not interviewing during the week of March 12 because of Residency Match Week. February 29 and March 7 are our final interview days for the season. We hope you can join us!

Well....goodbye, top choice school. Sad this was a one-sided relationship :(:(:(:(:(

Too bad. I have been complete since August and I was still really hoping that I would hear back from this school.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.