2011-2012 Rush Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
positive? I found an old post that included Rush in the list of silent rejection schools.

I received my interview invite last year in March.

Members don't see this ad.

I received my interview invite last year in March.
Thanks! Did you interview in late March? My completion email says this year interviews runs through March. When did you submit your secondary?

Thanks! Did you interview in late March? My completion email says this year interviews runs through March. When did you submit your secondary?

I went file-complete in late August. I interviewed fairly soon after receiving the interview invite, but I remember that interview dates extended to the last Wednesday of March. They may have opened up one more date after that, but I can't be sure of that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I went file-complete in late August. I interviewed fairly soon after receiving the interview invite, but I remember that interview dates extended to the last Wednesday of March. They may have opened up one more date after that, but I can't be sure of that.
Thanks a lot for the info! Hope floats!:xf:

This gives me hope. I was complete late August and am still keeping my fingers crossed for an interview. Rush is a top choice! :xf:

Thanks a lot for the info! Hope floats!:xf:

This gives me hope. I was complete late August and am still keeping my fingers crossed for an interview. Rush is a top choice! :xf:

Happy to help! I remember having the same thoughts during my app cycle--although perhaps, maybe not until after New Year's. ;) It isn't over until it's over.

Accepted via email today!!!!! What a great week, I loved Rush! Interviewed 11/16.

Wow that was a quick response, congratulations! I interviewed 11/30 and would really love to go here. Was it a late afternoon email?

Does anyone know if Rush accepts update letters? I couldn't find an answer earlier on in the thread.

Thanks!

Does anyone know if Rush accepts update letters? I couldn't find an answer earlier on in the thread.

Thanks!
They don't, unfortunately. I tried, and they responded saying that they only consider your AMCAS and supplementary application.

Members don't see this ad :)
CAN we update them with fall grades? Pre-interview?

Edit: whoops, I see the answer a few posts above. Sorry!

Just got an interview invite!!!! Email sent at 3:00am. Anyone know how long it takes after you choose a date to receive the email confirming the interview ???

Just got an interview invite!!!! Email sent at 3:00am. Anyone know how long it takes after you choose a date to receive the email confirming the interview ???

+1

Received an interview invite today as well!!!:D
Complete 10/13 OOS

I was complete early September and got an interview this morning as well! So excited! I used to volunteer there and the facilities are great!

Last edited:

I received confirmation the same day I selected my date.

I was complete early September and got an interview this morning as well! So excited! I used to volunteer there and the facilities are great!

Wow, way to rub salt in our wounds. That comment you quoted was somebody who DIDN'T get an interview.

Sorry i meant it as don't give up hope since I was complete before that. Hope you hear good news.

Sorry i meant it as don't give up hope since I was complete before that. Hope you hear good news.

Ah. Well, that's better- my apologies. This application cycle is turning me into a real... "w"itch. I'm normally the kind of person who makes homemade cocoa and chicken soup to bring to somebody with the sniffles. :smuggrin:

Ah. Well, that's better- my apologies. This application cycle is turning me into a real... "w"itch. I'm normally the kind of person who makes homemade cocoa and chicken soup to bring to somebody with the sniffles. :smuggrin:

No worries, happens to the best of us during this time <3 Hang in there! You're amongst people going through the same thing as you, so you're not alone :)

I got an interview here does anyone know if there is anyway to get in touch with students just to stay over night? My interview is on the eighteenth.

I got an interview here does anyone know if there is anyway to get in touch with students just to stay over night? My interview is on the eighteenth.

You should be receiving/have received information about the student hosting program -- if you don't get it soon, contact the admissions office.

does know the format of the interview?

Two one-on-ones, either faculty members or students. If I remember correctly, one interview was open file and the other one only had access to essays and such. Not 100% certain on that last part, though.

Does anyone know if Rush does medical school campus tours? And if so, how do you set one up?

Two one-on-ones, either faculty members or students. If I remember correctly, one interview was open file and the other one only had access to essays and such. Not 100% certain on that last part, though.

You are correct. One is completely open file (AMCAS + Supplemental) and the other interviewer only has access to supplemental. My non-open was first.

So those who have also been admitted already, who here is for sure choosing Rush? I loved the school and want to get to know some of my future classmates! :)

I got my interview invite 12/23 after being complete since September.

My interview is Wednesday, which is fantastic since it's close to home but not close to school for me.

Any advice for the interview? I know there's two interviews both open file (with one just being the supplemental) but not much beyond that.

This is definitely one of my top choices so I'm really hoping to get in. My friend who interviewed months ago was told they're looking for more OOSers (we're IS) and eventually was waitlisted (He interviewed at Mayo, and is definitely a kickass applicant all around) so I'm slightly nervous.

Just got an interview invite in my inbox :D! I was complete 12/1/2011 and I received the interview invite at 3:10AM 1/10/2011. I set my interview date for 2/8/2012...is anyone else interviewing on this date?

SO EXCITED :laugh:

Every time the wee hours of the morning pass without an interview invite, my heart sinks a little.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using Tapatalk

Congrats on the interview.

Rush was a great school, and I'm hoping for some good news in 2-4 weeks! Everyone was very friendly.

just got the acceptance email! just fyi, we were told it would take about 2/3 weeks to hear back but it took over 5 weeks (it may have been because of the holidays though) for me - so don't freak out if it takes longer than you thought as I have been doing the past week.

good luck to all those waiting on interview invites or decisions!!

They don't, unfortunately. I tried, and they responded saying that they only consider your AMCAS and supplementary application.

I'm assuming this means they also don't like letters of interest?

just got the acceptance email! just fyi, we were told it would take about 2/3 weeks to hear back but it took over 5 weeks (it may have been because of the holidays though) for me - so don't freak out if it takes longer than you thought as I have been doing the past week.

good luck to all those waiting on interview invites or decisions!!

Congrats!

I'm super impatient already and it hasn't been a week yet.... eeek!

Status
Not open for further replies.