2011-2012 Tufts Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammich117

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me when the secondary is available and I will update this.

Best of luck with your application :luck::luck::luck:!

Members don't see this ad.

so i have stats similar to this schools avg, but slightly below which made me think i had a decent fightnig chance -- but ppl are telling me it's really hard to get into? why is this and what kinds of students do they like to admit?

so i have stats similar to this schools avg, but slightly below which made me think i had a decent fightnig chance -- but ppl are telling me it's really hard to get into? why is this and what kinds of students do they like to admit?

I think the problem is that it's a favorite safety for people with high stats. So, the actual matriculating stats (3.6ish/32) are much lower than accepted. I see no reason to not apply if you're interested. All schools like applicants with actual genuine interest.

Members don't see this ad :)
in that case, are they good about waitlisting ppl and taking ppl off? i've heard that they interview a lot of ppl...probably more than they should.

Hi everyone! Tufts is absolutely my first choice-just really hope I get in! Best of luck to everyone!! :)

Hey everyone, has anyone received a Tufts secondary yet?

Thanks Runner

Just received the secondary this morning.

Essays

1. Do you wish to include any comments (in addition to those already provided in your AMCAS application) to the Admissions Committee at Tufts University School of Medicine? Please explain briefly. (1000 chars or less)

Do you consider yourself a person who would contribute to the diversity of the student body of Tufts University School of Medicine? Please explain briefly. (1000 chars or less)

Just received the secondary this morning.

Essays

1. Do you wish to include any comments (in addition to those already provided in your AMCAS application) to the Admissions Committee at Tufts University School of Medicine? Please explain briefly. (1000 chars or less)

Do you consider yourself a person who would contribute to the diversity of the student body of Tufts University School of Medicine? Please explain briefly. (1000 chars or less)

Same here! Good luck all. Although, the LoR seems to be a bit confusing. Do they want us to add the names even if it is being sent through AMCAS letter services?

Members don't see this ad :)
i've heard vaguely good things about tufts, but it seems easy to overlook when it shares a city with harvard and bu.

anything thats particularly great about tufts?

Received the secondary this morning. After some of these other secondaries its refreshing to get an easy one like this.

Not even verified yet and they sent it.

Gmail marked the email as important, reason?

"Important mainly because of the words in the message."

lol

I'd agree Google.

what are people saying for the "Is there anything else you'd like to include" question? I feel like there's nothing to really say unless something dramatic has happened since you submitted your AMCAS.

Anyone else having technical issues with the application program? Damn thing keeps crashing on me!

I'm also having difficulty with the server. I got it to work once perfectly, but when I try to log back in I keep getting a Server Run-time error. It crashed on me when I pressed submit payment, so I hope they don't charge me multiple times...

I guess me submitting my secondary crashed the system. Sorry guys. Well, actually I'm not.

runtime error guys....let's let the tech staff deal with it and be patient haha

I'm getting the same error... mine says something about being a remote server, so I thought it was just because I'm on my schools network in my lab, but are people looking at this from a direct connection getting the same thing?

yeah, i was assuming everyone was getting this error, regardless of the kind of connection... i hope they fix it soon!

... until I tried to save. nvm.

I'm able to log in every once in a while, but only for like 5 seconds (whatever link I click on after that leads me to the error message again)... :( grr

what are people saying for the "Is there anything else you'd like to include" question? I feel like there's nothing to really say unless something dramatic has happened since you submitted your AMCAS.

+1
Although after a bit of brainstorm, I may add a couple of lines which suggest reason as why my grades may have been bad for a couple of classes and stuff. It would be interesting to see what other people have to say about this.

I forgot to put a couple of things on my primary that aren't game-changers, but might be nice to include.

For those types of questions, I've been writing why I want to go to the medical school.

I'm including things I wasn't able to "fit" into my PS or the activities section, for instance my experiences living in different countries as a teenager, which has influenced how I perceive things, etc... It wasn't an "activity" per se, nor was it something that influenced my desire to go into medicine...

Now I understand why it's crashing- apparently they sent out all the secondaries at the same time!

For those of us who can't get in, can a non-gunner post the secondary essay questions? Thanks :D

Now I understand why it's crashing- apparently they sent out all the secondaries at the same time!

For those of us who can't get in, can a non-gunner post the secondary essay questions? Thanks :D

1. Do you wish to include any comments (in addition to those already provided in your AMCAS application) to the Admissions Committee at Tufts University School of Medicine?
2. Do you consider yourself a person who would contribute to the diversity of the student body of Tufts University School of Medicine?

1. Do you wish to include any comments (in addition to those already provided in your AMCAS application) to the Admissions Committee at Tufts University School of Medicine?
2. Do you consider yourself a person who would contribute to the diversity of the student body of Tufts University School of Medicine?

Is anyone else confused about the letters? What if we are using the AMCAS letter service? What should we select from the 2 options? I am using 3 independent writers. Do we add their names, or they will receive it through AMCAS?

Is anyone else confused about the letters? What if we are using the AMCAS letter service? What should we select from the 2 options? I am using 3 independent writers. Do we add their names, or they will receive it through AMCAS?

electronic. amcas scans ur letters if you sent them snail mail

I received the secondary and began filling some of it out. However, when I closed it to go to work this morning I am running into a "Runtime Error." A lot of these secondary websites tend to be problematic (Temple's had a similar problem at the beginning too..)

For the people who submitted, were you all able to see that your credit card payment was processed?

I haven't submitted yet but did pay. Once you submit (and it's done processing), you see some green writing at the bottom of hte page confirming your payment... You should also get an email confirmation fairly immediately!

Status
Not open for further replies.