2011-2012 Tufts Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the thread from last year the EARLIEST (not the latest) people got accepted off the waitlist was 6 days after the e-mail went out (which is roughly consistent with the timeframe we were given this year). There was also a hard-copy waitlist confirmation letter that went out around the same time.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I just called the Tufts admissions office. They really gave me the run around. The only info that I got out of her was that the waitlist has not moved AT ALL so far. What are the chances that this waitlist moves faster than a snail's pace? I've already started filling out my 2013 application....

When she said that "the waitlist has not moved at all so far", was she saying that calls have not gone out YET (implying they are still working on deciding who to accept) or that calls have not gone out PERIOD (meaning that there are no spots to fill)? Thanks :)

When she said that "the waitlist has not moved at all so far", was she saying that calls have not gone out YET (implying they are still working on deciding who to accept) or that calls have not gone out PERIOD (meaning that there are no spots to fill)? Thanks :)

At the time, she said that the calls have not gone out yet. However, I called again today and she told me that they made the first round of wait list offers already. I wasn't in that batch.

Members don't see this ad :)
At the time, she said that the calls have not gone out yet. However, I called again today and she told me that they made the first round of wait list offers already. I wasn't in that batch.

Oh shizz neither was I :(

Did they say how they notified those accepted via the waiting list? Also, were they referring the most recent group of deferred applicants placed on the waiting list or those accepted earlier in the cycle?

Sorry for all the questions but that bit of information generated further questions in my mind....

Accepted off the wait list today!!!!!! :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops: Got the call this morning. Proof that the list is finally moving! Good luck to everyone still waiting!!

Accepted off the wait list today!!!!!! :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops: Got the call this morning. Proof that the list is finally moving! Good luck to everyone still waiting!!

Congrats. Jealous. No call here. Did you get an email too?

Yeah, the email came about 2 hours after the call

NICE! Well, as much as I sighed in jealousy, I do offer sincere congratulations!!

Few questions: Did they indicate any other spots? Did they have a financial aid package already to offer with this call? And most importantly, are you taking the spot??

Thank you!! Tufts was my number one choice so I am going to take the spot, sorry to share with this thread. I did not get much information over the phone-I was sort of in a state of shock-but he did say that he was sorry the wait list was moving so much slower than usual this year. He did not say anything about additional open spots or financial aid, so not sure about those, but he said that a packet would be mailed out to me today that would contain all the necessary info so maybe the financial aid stuff will be included in that

Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats? I am wondering how I stack up to the competition ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Did everyone else on the wait list get an update contact info e-mail yesterday with a link to a new website (that is still not working)?

Hmm my guess then is that if it was sent to everyone, the contact info e-mail is preceding rejection-from-the-wait-list letters.

Hmm my guess then is that if it was sent to everyone, the contact info e-mail is preceding rejection-from-the-wait-list letters.

You think so? I know some schools close out the waitlist early, but I feel like Tufts has nothing to lose from keeping us hanging on until August (a guy who posted in this thread said they did this to him last cycle).

Last edited:
Oh, but are you on the Maine Track Wait List? Maybe that explains the difference ...

Yeah, I'm on Maine Track and it could explain the difference. For whatever it's worth, I (and everyone else on our thread) did receive all the other status/technical difficulty/waitlist emails at the same as everyone here. But you're right, it could just be different now. I'm kind of inclined to agree with the above poster who said that they don't really stand to benefit much by taking people off the waitlist until the absolute last minute. Who knows....

You think so? I know some schools close out the waitlist early, but I feel like Tufts has nothing to lose from keeping us hanging on until August (a guy who posted in this thread said they did this to him last cycle).

Yea, I have heard from prior applicants as well as faculty there that the waitlist is no token gesture; rather, they legitimately take people off the waitlist as late as August.

As much as I wanted to believe this meant an impending notification when I received it, since everyone seems to have gotten it, I don't know if it actually signifies anything coming soon (good or bad). It might just be an update stating that the technical difficulties with servers have been permanently resolved? Link worked for me.

Yea, I have heard from prior applicants as well as faculty there that the waitlist is no token gesture; rather, they legitimately take people off the waitlist as late as August.

As much as I wanted to believe this meant an impending notification when I received it, since everyone seems to have gotten it, I don't know if it actually signifies anything coming soon (good or bad). It might just be an update stating that the technical difficulties with servers have been permanently resolved? Link worked for me.

Yeah, who really knows anymore? Since the waitlist is unranked I do feel like acceptances might go out in (small) batches (are they gonna re-convene the adcom to discuss one applicant?), but for all 3 of us to get accepted at the same time would be a really weird coincidence.

Also got an update contact email. applied MD only. looks like it doesn't mean anything good or bad. at least we know that they have accepted at least one group of waitlisters already.

To those of you that were accepted, do you mind sharing what you wrote about for the "anything else?" question on the secondary?

Hey, just got an acceptance call today:) It figures that the week I move on in my plans for next year is when the call I've been awaiting for months comes. Now begins the scramble for housing lol.

Hey, just got an acceptance call today:) It figures that the week I move on in my plans for next year is when the call I've been awaiting for months comes. Now begins the scramble for housing lol.

Congrats on getting in. Seems like its coming down to the wire. Oh well, time to plan for next year

Status
Not open for further replies.