2011-2012 Tulane Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told late april, or as soon as possible. I'd really like to know asap so I can start planning if I have to move in June..... sigh.

Sent from my MB860 using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if it is ok to drop classes we don't need for any reason after getting in? I want to drop a couple science classes so I can spend more time on research and finish up before starting school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if it is ok to drop classes we don't need for any reason after getting in? I want to drop a couple science classes so I can spend more time on research and finish up before starting school.

Your best bet is to call admissions and ask.

For those on the acceptance range list, do you think it's too late at this point to update admissions on new publications or abstracts? I have a paper and abstract that got accepted today, and I'm wondering if it's a good idea to update. If so, what's the best way to do so? Just send Dr. Beckman an email?

For those on the acceptance range list, do you think it's too late at this point to update admissions on new publications or abstracts? I have a paper and abstract that got accepted today, and I'm wondering if it's a good idea to update. If so, what's the best way to do so? Just send Dr. Beckman an email?

i just gave up my spot, so who knows, you might get mine! i would update her :)

I was taking post bac classes, and as soon as I got in I emailed dr Beckman and got the ok to drop all my classes. I'm sure it's ok, but wouldn't hurt to check

I sure hope so. When I got an acceptance I canceled my entire spring semester. Last time I'll have a seven month vacation in my life!

Withdrew today :( that was hard. Hopefully someone gets my spot.

Yay my Fin Aid package finally came out today!! 8K tuition waiver!!!!

Me too. Grad plus and unsubsidized stafford...guess this means no scholarship, bummer.

That reminds me, I never got around to turning in the Tulane supplemental form. Hmm, now that I am in New Orleans, I can give it to them in person!

For those of you who know you are going to Tulane, it's awesome down here. There's like a festival every day of the week, and three on weekends.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmph... I still didn't get mine yet. Oh well, not expecting anything anyway.

Hmph... I still didn't get mine yet. Oh well, not expecting anything anyway.

maybe they're going through them in the order they got all the documents. when did you get yours in?

Is there a second look day for Tulane? I'm pretty sure I want to go here, but I would definitely like to visit again just to make sure.

Is there a second look day for Tulane? I'm pretty sure I want to go here, but I would definitely like to visit again just to make sure.

Nope. Try and wrangle a visit up tho I'm sure it's possible.

I've been meeting, hanging out with, and partying with several potential T1's as they pass through town. Drop me a line if you do an informal 2nd look... there is always something going on here.

I've been meeting, hanging out with, and partying with several potential T1's as they pass through town. Drop me a line if you do an informal 2nd look... there is always something going on here.

suck it dude...

can someone post the email that they used to send in updates post interview? I tried to search the thread but couldn't seem to find it. I haven't gotten a confirmation to my updates and think I have the wrong email address... thanks :)

I know I didn't check TruMED off on the secondary app, but can't remember what other "campus" option I marked, if any. Does anybody remember what the other options were, and whether checking them meant you were applying to a different campus than the main one.

I know I didn't check TruMED off on the secondary app, but can't remember what other "campus" option I marked, if any. Does anybody remember what the other options were, and whether checking them meant you were applying to a different campus than the main one.

its New Orleans CARES or Baton Rouge LEAD, I think, might have them mixed up. Two different 3rd and 4th year things, you're not bound to whichever one you pick.

Withdrawn. I was really sad to let this one go but it just wasn't meant to be. Tulane is an amazing school, and I hope my spot goes to one of you who will appreciate it as much as it deserves!

I'm at Tulane undergrad right now and I've got to say Tulane undergrad and Tulane med are really focused on community service since they are in NOLA. Plus NOLA is amazing...:D

Hi all,

So this might be a strange request. I am posting here because I have a friend who will be attending the school of finance at Tulane and she is looking for a roommate. She is from China and has limited access to social networking sites that would help her find roommates at the school. I tried to find your class FB page but was unsuccessful. Anyway, my friend is super nice and fun, she would be a great roommate. She is looking for a place to move in 6/20. If any of you are looking for a roommate, or know someone who is please message me and I will share her contact information. Also, if anyone could help out by posting this on the class FB page or help me find a FB page for any of the other grad programs at Tulane we would greatly appreciate it.

THANK YOU TO ALL THAT WITHDREW! immmmmmm accepteddddddddd!!!!!!! needless to say i rolled around the room kicking and screaming.......:laugh:

THANK YOU TO ALL THAT WITHDREW! immmmmmm accepteddddddddd!!!!!!! needless to say i rolled around the room kicking and screaming.......:laugh:

Yay! I knew you had nothing to worry about! Congrats and welcome. See you in a few months!

fyi an orientation email was sent out tonight but ended up in my spam filter

I am regretfully withdrawing my acceptance here. Great school, nice people. Just can't handle that much debt with all I have going on in my life. Hope they pick up one of you!

Hi 2016! So excited to be in this together!

My wife and I signed a contract for a great apartment on 508 Adams available beginning in July.

Our plans have changed and we are putting the apartment up for rent. Here are the specs:

--the upstairs part of a duplex.
--1 block off St. Charles between Carrollton and Broadway, right by a trolley stop
--very close to the uptown campus/Audubon Park. Can take the Tulane uptown/downtown shuttle, etc. http://goo.gl/maps/PfE7
--2 bedroom/1 bath, pretty spacious
--$1300/month plus utilities (unfurnished).
--No pets, no exceptions

I've included a link to a folder with pictures of the apartment:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/858mkriwdgun5wo/FJBQ-ncEVo

Please send me a FB message if you are interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.