2011-2012 UMDNJ-RWJMS Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i interviewed on oct 28 and didnt hear back. and this is scaring me :(
you are not alone (if that makes you feel better)

I interviewed then too but havent heard back.. I believe my file has not been reviewed yet.. I think the committee will meet again sometime in january..

I was trying to figure out the order in which the acceptances were given out earlier but so far i have ruled out alphabetical & interview date order.

Members don't see this ad.

you are not alone (if that makes you feel better)

I interviewed then too but havent heard back.. I believe my file has not been reviewed yet.. I think the committee will meet again sometime in january..

I was trying to figure out the order in which the acceptances were given out earlier but so far i have ruled out alphabetical & interview date order.

yeah same. i just keep replaying the interview in my head and its not helping lol. i wonder how much the interview matters in the overall decision

yeah same. i just keep replaying the interview in my head and its not helping lol. i wonder how much the interview matters in the overall decision
i vaguely remember someone saying (a post on SDN or a friend from RWJ) that they assign you a score per station and then look at your average score across all stations and that adds on to your amcas application score....

i have no clue if that is the case or not... i am pretty sure i did not do that well in 1 or 2 of the stations.. but have a reasonable application otherwise !!

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah same here actually. i did pretty mediocre on about 1-2 of them but i think i also stood out in 1-2. i waited through the weekend studying for finals and with this in the back of my head, thinking i would know the news, good or bad, by monday. guess well wait and see til tomorrow :\

What our student host basiaclly said to us was: Everyone who interviewed was qualified enough academically (AMCAS.. etc..), and that the scores of the interviews were what mattered after that.

I interviewed 11/22. I also imagine that the first group that got in all scored very well on interviews, and that the next acceptance may look back at the AMCAS etc..

Just got the letter in the mail today, came with the acceptance in paper form as well as one other sheet giving the details of the accepted students day on the 13th.

The day is broken up into three chunks, but it begins at 2:00 pm and goes all the way until 6:00 pm. It includes a tour and reception with faculty+ students along with an information session i think

Did anyone receive any letter in the mail from RWJMS ?

a. Acceptance
b. Rejection
c. Wait list
d. No final decision (not rejected yet !!)

"d" - for me

just got a letter in the mail today-i got waitlisted. i interviewed 9/12.

Has anyone gotten put on a High Priority waitlist this year? I know they had one last year, and I'm wondering if we should expect any movement off the regular waitlist.

Members don't see this ad :)
Freaking out a little about my interview tomorrow.... it will be my first (only?) MMI interview. Any words of advice, anyone?

Has anyone gotten put on a High Priority waitlist this year? I know they had one last year, and I'm wondering if we should expect any movement off the regular waitlist.
i think they have a high priority waitlist not sure if anyone has been put on it yet. I have heard that there is some movement there. I checked last year's SDN thread and there was some movement starting May.

Hopefully they send out some more acceptances in the next few weeks or this accepted students day is going to have a small crowd.. it doesnt seem like too many people have heard news since the initial acceptances went out on the 14th

Hopefully they send out some more acceptances in the next few weeks or this accepted students day is going to have a small crowd.. it doesnt seem like too many people have heard news since the initial acceptances went out on the 14th
I think it was still between 50-100 on the 14th (I wasn't one of them)

They plan on accepting a total of 225-250 I think. There should be another event in late spring

Can someone list all future interview dates that they are aware of. I am wondering how many more applicants are they going to interview ? They have probably accepted somewhere around 75-100 and will probably accept another 100-150 (..i think)

I think they are doing interviews until February..

I want to get a sense of how many more applicants will I be compared to before they think I am worthy of an acceptance here...

rejected via snail mail. i had a pretty poor interview performance, though. stay positive, everyone :)

i vaguely remember someone saying (a post on SDN or a friend from RWJ) that they assign you a score per station and then look at your average score across all stations and that adds on to your amcas application score....

i have no clue if that is the case or not... i am pretty sure i did not do that well in 1 or 2 of the stations.. but have a reasonable application otherwise !!
Even if that is true, they are also looking heavily at LOR, essay, background etc. Post-interview, it is much less a numbers game as it is putting together a successful class as a whole.

Even if that is true, they are also looking heavily at LOR, essay, background etc. Post-interview, it is much less a numbers game as it is putting together a successful class as a whole.
I hope so..

...and what makes you say so ?

What does it mean if you ask to send in updates and grades but they don't want you to? :scared:

What does it mean if you ask to send in updates and grades but they don't want you to? :scared:
That is strange.... when did you interview ?

i think it could be an acceptance or rejection (no waitlist or competitive hold)

No interview, either! Should I send in something anyway? My grades would really help me out...if I didn't ask, I would have done this anyway. Here's to never asking for "permission" again...

No interview, either! Should I send in something anyway? My grades would really help me out...if I didn't ask, I would have done this anyway. Here's to never asking for "permission" again...
i m not sure why would they refuse to accept updates..

may be they have already decided what to do with your application...

Got an interview invite yesterday!! The email said that I've been selected for an interview and will be contacted soon. I pretty much gave up for this school after I hadn't heard anything since being complete in early august.

Really dumb question, but for the people who interviewed here, where were the interviews held? I assume on the Piscataway Campus?

Really dumb question, but for the people who interviewed here, where were the interviews held? I assume on the Piscataway Campus?
piscataway campus...

you can get address / directions from the interview invite email

Reception should be good, anyone know the dress code?

Reception should be good, anyone know the dress code?

I feel like they said either via email or the acceptance letter that we would get more information on the reception soon, but it's getting kind of close now..

Has anyone made a fb group yet? Or are we waiting until after reception?

Has anyone made a fb group yet? Or are we waiting until after reception?

If you are familiar with making groups you could create one now, i bet a good amount of people might have questions regarding the reception itself in the days leading up

Got the call tonight! Wish everyone the very best of luck!

Got the call tonight! Wish everyone the very best of luck!

Congrats, but was this supposed to be posted here and not the NJMS thread? I was told during my interview that their adcom wasn't meeting again until after first Jan set of interviews which is tomorrow. :confused:

Congrats, but was this supposed to be posted here and not the NJMS thread? I was told during my interview that their adcom wasn't meeting again until after first Jan set of interviews which is tomorrow. :confused:
Yea it is a bit surprising that another round of acceptances went out just after 1 more interview day (12/22)..

Yea it is a bit surprising that another round of acceptances went out just after 1 more interview day (12/22)..

Yeah I actually interviewed 12/22 and that's when I was told that they wouldn't be meeting again until after 1/6. I was just wondering if that changed which is always possible. But I'm also a bit skeptical because I remember responding to that poster about a month ago because he hadn't gotten an interview scheduled yet so the timeline doesn't make sense.

Thanks! The post was meant for this thread. I was a bit surprised about the quick turnaround myself. I interviewed on 12/22.

I also got the call from Dr. Terregino last night. Interviewed 12/22. Best of luck to everyone!

Congrats !!!

a bit surprising that the committee met again just for 12/22 interviewees.. so may be they will meet again end of this month for 1/6 and 1/22 and then for the last time sometime end of February ?

So those of you who interviewed recently and already got an acceptance probably ACED all of your stations. Those who did poorly probably are waitlisted/rejected while those who did mediocre/moderately good are stuck in limbo (i.e. me).

so those of you who interviewed recently and already got an acceptance probably aced all of your stations. Those who did poorly probably are waitlisted/rejected while those who did mediocre/moderately good are stuck in limbo (i.e. Me).
+ 1

I feel like they said either via email or the acceptance letter that we would get more information on the reception soon, but it's getting kind of close now..

The dress code for the reception is business casual

has anyone else who interviewed on 12/22 heard back yet? or any word on when interviewees from that date will hear back?

Status
Not open for further replies.