2011-2012 UMDNJ-RWJMS Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol still waiting for an invite. Someone I met at another interview from Jersey also hasn't heard back from RWJ, as have several of my friends (one of whom was already accepted at another school).

I feel as if things are going really slowly, and I'm not the only one feeling this...

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know what kind of grades we can afford to get our last semester? I'm starting to slack off slowly (but not too much...). Would B's on a transcript this semester be cause for concern knowing I've had >3.9GPA the past 3 years...?

The last semester doesnt really count. You send in your final transcript AFTER you get accepted. Most schools require a B- or above. below that you need to write a little paragragh why that happend (aka left scholl alot for interviews, sick, blah blah). So don't worry. My last semester i got all Bs! haha.

woah, woah. got an interview last year and got rejected pre-interview this year.
must be bad sentiments from the last application cycle.
good thing i got the rejection this morning.. i was about to stop by meryle's office this afternoon to ask about my app.
when do interviews end?

Congrats to everyone who got in!

Just got rejected pre-interview. :(

I know this is a long shot, but would there be any way for me to score an interview, say if I sent a letter of intent since this is my top choice, or if the NJMS professor I've been working with were to give them a call on my behalf, or any other way? I love this school and I just really wanted to go here so I'm trying to see what can be done if anything.

No idea yet. I'm still waiting to hear back from a few more schools. It depends on the finaid package. I know some schools give out merit scholarships. so hopefully rwood wants to give me some money also.

hey, I was at the 1/30 interview day too, I remember you and Sabrina. I was the one talking about snowboarding with the M1 students

I interviewed on Jan 30th, heard back the next Tuesday with an acceptance. I remember the snow-board conversation

How does the waitlist work at RWJMS? Is it ranked? How does movement work for those who are waitlisted?

Last edited:
the ADCOM meets next in March...we'll have to hold out till then.

weird question.. for those of you who got phone calls for acceptances, what was the phone number it came from??

Members don't see this ad :)
Very weird... I just got rejected this morning via e-mail. But I never filled out a seconday and thus never applied. So they rejected me, even when I had actually rejected them first? Incorrigible!

Haha.... can't belive they would not bother to check who actually fills out the secondary (unless its optional?)

I'm sure that everyone who does not fill out the secondary just get added to the rejection pool. The secondary is not optional.

hey, I was at the 1/30 interview day too, I remember you and Sabrina. I was the one talking about snowboarding with the M1 students
Oddly i dont remember any snowboard conversation. Maybe I came in late? I do remember a ski trip or something. Anyway, does anyone know if the acceptance thingy is binding? Im still deciding since i'm waiting on 2 more schools.

I got a phone call and she left a message.

( actually I was engaged in a very tense FIFA match at the time and ignored my phone, then I looked down as soon as it stopped ringing and noticed it was a 732 area code number that I didn't recognize. A minute later the message came through and I listened to it because I had a feeling what it was. I abandoned the FIFA game at that point and started jumping for joy)

I would expect that she leaves everyone a message if your phone has voicemail. Just my experience.

Also, I got the email the next day. Then a letter in the mail.

how does one respond to the "hey, accept the acceptance"..via snail mail, or does email work? Because that would require some sea traveling on a tiny boat from asia. lol

how does one respond to the "hey, accept the acceptance"..via snail mail, or does email work? Because that would require some sea traveling on a tiny boat from asia. lol

via FAQ on RWJMS site:

To accept the offer of admission, write a brief letter indicating your acceptance of the offer. In addition, please complete and return the criminal background check disclosure form. Mail it to the Office of Admissions, 675 Hoes Lane, Piscataway, NJ 08854-5635. If you choose not to accept the place, please notify us in writing or contact us via email [email protected]

I mailed a letter with the background check form.

ACCEPTED!!!!! :banana::banana::banana:I am sooo excited, I got the call and e-mail yesterday and this is my first MD acceptance!! Yayy!

Does anyone know if there is a housing day or anything that the school coordinates? Or is it all on our own?

They have 2 housing days. Not sure when. Apparently a lot of people figure out housing at the accepted students day in april too. I will be looking

congrats to everyone that was accepted! =) just curious, does anyone actually get rejected post-interview here? and any idea what the "alternate list" movement is like?

According to them at the interview: 50% Accceted post interview, the other half rejected/ waitlisted.

CONGRATS! Do you mind telling us what date you interviewed?

"Attached is the Match List for the class of 2012. *We are extremely proud of our students. *One hundred percent of our students matched, compared to ninety-five percent nationally. *We are very happy to share such good news with you.

I expect the Committee to be meeting to discuss your application again in the coming weeks."

Did anyone else get this email?

"Attached is the Match List for the class of 2012. *We are extremely proud of our students. *One hundred percent of our students matched, compared to ninety-five percent nationally. *We are very happy to share such good news with you.

I expect the Committee to be meeting to discuss your application again in the coming weeks."

When was it dated? Also, do you mind sharing when you interviewed? I could have sworn they'd be meeting this week if not last..

Yeah, I got this email as well, minus the discussing your application again. Does anyone know how the waitlist movement works at RWJMS?

Last edited:
withdrawing soon, hope my spot in the class goes to one of you fellows. best of luck.

vaguely remember someday this week is their last interview day..

does anyone know the exact date of interview this week ?

Anyone from February 10th interview date or after hear back yet?

aww I got that email without that last sentence =/ guess I'm just on the normal waitlist (ie: screwed)

I completely didn't notice that. Yeah mine says nothing too. :( I looked at last year's thread and movement occurs May and June but I think mostly from the competitive list not much from the alternative list :(

When was it dated? Also, do you mind sharing when you interviewed? I could have sworn they'd be meeting this week if not last..

The email was dated 3/16. I interviewed 9/12 (one of the first dates available I believe). Around December 20th I was placed in the "very competitive" category. I have since sent a letter of intent, indicating that RWJMS is my first choice. I really hope that I still have a solid chance of being accepted. Does anyone have additional info about this competitive category or even anecdotal evidence of likely outcomes?

Thanks

Anyone from February 10th interview date or after hear back yet?

Not yet. I'm from the 2/15 group, and I haven't received anything. IIRC, the adcom should be meeting this week, so we should be getting news very soon.

Anyone knows when the committee is going to meet next ? I know it should be soon.. but anyone has any "insider's info" ?

From the posts here it seems no decisions have gone out since last 1.5 months.

Anyone knows when the committee is going to meet next ? I know it should be soon.. but anyone has any "insider's info" ?

From the posts here it seems no decisions have gone out since last 1.5 months.

april 3.

I am hoping that they will be giving out all pending decisions by the end of the week (assuming the committee met on 4/3)

Status
Not open for further replies.