2011-2012 Wright State Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interview invite today! Complete 7/21. IS. Good luck everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

Got the invite today as well. Anyone know what sort of dates are available?

3.3s/3.5c/30/URM/OOS

does wright state accept update letters and what is the admissions email address?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the invite today as well. Anyone know what sort of dates are available?

3.3s/3.5c/30/URM/OOS

When were you complete if you don't mind me asking? Show me some love wright state!

Secondary complete email received. They said that since I have a fee waiver, I don't need to do anything. I just received an email that it is complete. Is it normal?
I recieved the similar email from WSU, "We have received your secondary payment/or fee waiver for application to Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine. Your application is now complete. AMCAS will inform you when your letters have been processed and released to your schools. When they do we will automatically have them as part of your electronic file. We will not check status for letters of recommendation because AMCAS will inform you of their status.

After you have paid your secondary payment/fee waiver to WSU BSOM you are complete and in review status. Your status will not change unless you are invited for an interview. Interview invitations are extended from September through February. No final decisions will be made until the end of the process in late March."
Is it similar to yours. Are you OOS or IS, I'm OOS by the way

Secondary complete email received. They said that since I have a fee waiver, I don't need to do anything. I just received an email that it is complete. Is it normal?
I recieved this email!!!!!
"We have received your secondary payment/or fee waiver for application to Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine. Your application is now complete. AMCAS will inform you when your letters have been processed and released to your schools. When they do we will automatically have them as part of your electronic file. We will not check status for letters of recommendation because AMCAS will inform you of their status.

After you have paid your secondary payment/fee waiver to WSU BSOM you are complete and in review status. Your status will not change unless you are invited for an interview. Interview invitations are extended from September through February. No final decisions will be made until the end of the process in late March."
I didn't do any 2nd app. Is it sound weird? Did you received similar email? I'm OOS :luck: cross my finger !!

I recieved this email!!!!!
"We have received your secondary payment/or fee waiver for application to Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine. Your application is now complete. AMCAS will inform you when your letters have been processed and released to your schools. When they do we will automatically have them as part of your electronic file. We will not check status for letters of recommendation because AMCAS will inform you of their status.

I didn't do any 2nd app. Is it sound weird? Did you received similar email? I'm OOS :luck: cross my finger !!

Yes. It was a similar email. I am an IS. Good luck!

hope we didn't scare the first batch of interviewees yesterday :laugh:

Wright State is a great place! come here! hooray!

I have been researching the hell out of the place since my invite came down. I think it looks great, and I am hoping for some in state love. I would totally take their offer.

+1, this place is awesome so far.

How is the TBL? Also, how is financial aid at Boonshoft?

TBLs are good. The quizzes are good way to reinforce the material and keep you on track of the assignments. The application is variable though--some of the group application problems are pretty interesting and help you understand. Some of them just blow. It just depends. For some of the TBLs, there is some reading from articles to prep, so that can seem like extra work on top of your normal exam study.

A lot of my classmates have mixed feelings about TBL. Some see it as a waste of time, and I can see that. Some really like it. I'm in between. They're okay.

Financial aid is pretty normal--the financial aid adviser is pretty proactive about getting scholarship information out to students, and she's very good at explaining where your loans come from and what they're for, so that helps with budgeting. I'm not sure if there are a lot of free money given to students here... I only know of a few people getting some really good scholarships (other than military). Most people go through loans, which I'm assuming is pretty normal at most med schools. So far, I have no complaints about how much money I'm borrowing. Tuition is pretty good considering its a state school, and they offer in-state tuition after the first year for OOS students.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just submitted the application fee today. Hope this one works out.

How is the TBL? Also, how is financial aid at Boonshoft?

To piggy back off of the above post, TBLs aren't too bad thus far. I'm really glad they aren't grading the practical application portion of them this year! I don't know that TBLs are an accurate judgement of what you know for that day's material, but I guess some say it helps them know where they stand for studying for the exam.

I can't comment as much on the financial aid as I'm military.

To piggy back off of the above post, TBLs aren't too bad thus far. I'm really glad they aren't grading the practical application portion of them this year! I don't know that TBLs are an accurate judgement of what you know for that day's material, but I guess some say it helps them know where they stand for studying for the exam.

I can't comment as much on the financial aid as I'm military.

Thanks everyone. Any recommendations on where to stay when in Dayton and things to do in Dayton after the interview?

Come on wright State! IS here! Hoping for some in-state love!

Thanks everyone. Any recommendations on where to stay when in Dayton and things to do in Dayton after the interview?

There are quite a few hotels around campus with some right across the street. I can't remember where I stayed for my interview but it shouldn't be hard to find a hotel.

As for things to do you can always look at: http://www.wright.edu/admissions/studentlife/dayton.html

Generic I know, but there are a lot of restaurants and shopping right by campus. The Greene shopping center and the outlet mall are within 30 mins of campus and the Oregon District is always fun.

As posted earlier, I have an interview in early November. Would any current students be willing to host? I live close enough that I could probably drive down in the morning, but it's risky and would rather play it safe. I'm an everyday white male age 22. Message me if interested. I'm very interested in Wright State and would really appreciate unmasked current student honesty.

http://www.med.wright.edu/admiss/home_hearth

This list may also be updated soon as they are just now asking us (MS1s) if we want to be included on the list.

Has anyone heard from Wright State lately??:(

Is there any way to check your status for this school?

I haven't heard anything either.

Still haven't heard anything. Been complete since 7/21. I guess its not a bad thing since many people haven't heard anything yet. Just hoping :xf:

I heard Boonshoft reserves a number of its seats for Wright State undergraduates, is this true?

I have never heard that before. If it helps, there are only a couple of students that I can think of who went to Wright State for undergrad in this year's class. There are also a few in the class who did the masters program here. But I don't think there are any 'reserved' seats in either case.

This thread is so quiet! I guess they've not sent out a wave of interview invites in awhile?

This thread is so quiet! I guess they've not sent out a wave of interview invites in awhile?

FYI, check your spam folder. I received an email from Debbie McNeely at Wright which went straight into my spam folder.

Does anyone know what percentage of interviewees are accepted to Wright?

Does anyone know what percentage of interviewees are accepted to Wright?
According to US News and World Report:

Applied: 2756
Interviewed: 464
Accepted: 282 (~61%)
Enrolled: 101

In State:
Applied: 1022
Interviewed: 328
Accepted: 197
Enrolled: 77

Out of State:
Applied: 1734
Interviewed: 136
Accepted: 85
Enrolled: 24

Hope this helps! ;)

According to US News and World Report:

Applied: 2756
Interviewed: 464
Accepted: 282 (~61%)
Enrolled: 101

In State:
Applied: 1022
Interviewed: 328
Accepted: 197
Enrolled: 77

Out of State:
Applied: 1734
Interviewed: 136
Accepted: 85
Enrolled: 24

Hope this helps! ;)

Thx.

One more current Wright Stater joining the mix. Quick bio: I'm a 2nd year, married, AF HPSP student and participate in the Welcome Committee who gets to chat all the interviewees up off the record on interview day. Any questions throw them down!

Weird question, but what does the envelope look like? Is it a regular size one and is it thick (from papers) if you are accepted and thin if you are rejected? So neurotic, I know, but curious.

Hooray! Got the invite email today. The phone was busy for awhile but when I finally got through the woman on the other line wasn't sure why. I'm so excited!!

I was complete 08/08

3.4s/3.5c/32 in state

The envelope is the one you open and it says "we are pleased to offer you a seat..." :p but seriously it takes 2 seconds to just open the big envelope and find out.

Last edited:
One more current Wright Stater joining the mix. Quick bio: I'm a 2nd year, married, AF HPSP student and participate in the Welcome Committee who gets to chat all the interviewees up off the record on interview day. Any questions throw them down!

I interviewed here recently. The staff and the Welcome Committee were great. The facilities are new and pretty awesome.

Last edited:
Congrats! What day did you interview and did they inform by email?

thanks! first acceptance feels so good. interviewed 9/7. got an email around midnight friday night

thanks! first acceptance feels so good. interviewed 9/7. got an email around midnight friday night
Oh, you got an email? I thought they usually only did snail mail. Was it from the admissions secretary or your interviewer?

Anyone else hear from WSU? Last year so many people got decisions on the 15th, but only one person has posted here this year.

Just got email. Interviewed on Sep 27th. Excited.

Congratulations to all of you who were accepted! As mentioned above its a great school and hope you guys come!

Has everyone that interviewed in September heard back from Wright State? Wondering outside of those accepted if rejections and those placed on the waitlist have heard anything about their status? I haven't heard and am wondering if that means I am rejected or if the wait list is being comprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.