2011-2012 Yale Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying as well since 1:30, no luck. Looks like we're reaching the end for today, but hopefully some SDNer got through at somepoint and would be kind enough to let us know any general information he or she found out.
I wish I had information, but the same thing happened to me. By the time I got through they said they wouldn't take any more calls. Anyone out there who got through have any information they'd be willing to share?

Members don't see this ad.

I got thru. It was not a mini interview at all. They just tell you a little bit more about your status on the wait list. They told me I would probably know more in 1-2 weeks and I'd be contacted immediately if any status change occurs (by phone and/or email). It was all still pretty vague. A 5 min convo. FYI I'm tier 2. And they did not tell me my specific spot within the tier nor did they give me a range of probability of acceptance. Just described it in words. Nor did they tell me how many people were in the tiers. They were very nice and appreciative of our patience. :)

They said they are still working on tier 1. This time last year they were already in tier 2 but this year is slower for unknown reasons. They expect the list to move the same amount as usual but just on a delay from other years.

I got thru. It was not a mini interview at all. They just tell you a little bit more about your status on the wait list. They told me I would probably know more in 1-2 weeks and I'd be contacted immediately if any status change occurs (by phone and/or email). It was all still pretty vague. A 5 min convo. FYI I'm tier 2. And they did not tell me my specific spot within the tier nor did they give me a range of probability of acceptance. Just described it in words. Nor did they tell me how many people were in the tiers. They were very nice and appreciative of our patience. :)

They said they are still working on tier 1. This time last year they were already in tier 2 but this year is slower for unknown reasons. They expect the list to move the same amount as usual but just on a delay from other years.

Thanks for the info! Tier 2 here as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks...I'm also tier 2. I wonder why they're doing this phone thing if its basically the e-mail again

So one of the pages in our financial aid packet states that "If your Financial Aid Award includes Yale Scholarship, you must borrow the full amount of the loans listed in order to receive the Yale Scholarship."

Of my $24.5k, I have $8.5k of the federal direct unsubsidized loans that I would prefer not to take. However from the statement above, does that mean I will be forced to take the full unit loan to receive my Yale Scholarship grants? I hope that is not the case!

So one of the pages in our financial aid packet states that "If your Financial Aid Award includes Yale Scholarship, you must borrow the full amount of the loans listed in order to receive the Yale Scholarship."

Of my $24.5k, I have $8.5k of the federal direct unsubsidized loans that I would prefer not to take. However from the statement above, does that mean I will be forced to take the full unit loan to receive my Yale Scholarship grants? I hope that is not the case!

E-mail the financial aid office man.

I think you're forced to take the whole unit loan ($24.5k) based on the financial aid packet statement.

The most recent email really does make these call-ins seem like mini interviews. Anyone else think this is the type of situation where calling may not necessarily help you, but not calling makes you seem disinterested? I love Yale, but I really don't have any new worthwhile info to tell them.

was anyone told to call back?
I think if you get an email telling you to call, you likely got in off the wait-list. Best of luck!

Also, did anyone get through yesterday during the calling hours, and, if so, learn anything in general about the progress of the Waiting List?

Last edited:
Any updates from calling hours today?

I spoke with Dr. Silverman this session. Very brief as he told me 1) they're not as far along as they thought, with respect to the waitlist, and 2) the class is currently full ("we're holding right now at 100 students").

Bummer. But, good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
I spoke with Dr. Silverman this session. Very brief as he told me 1) they're not as far along as they thought, with respect to the waitlist, and 2) the class is currently full ("we're holding right now at 100 students").

Bummer. But, good luck to everyone!

Ditto. Did anyone learn about the progress of the waiting list from today's calling hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.