**2011 Acceptance Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received an acceptance by mail today to Chestnut Hill College's PsyD program (after an interview on 2/8).

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations!!

I also got accepted to Loyola Maryland. Awesome news!

Can anyone who got into Loyola Md PM me? I was wondering who emailed you (professor, director, administrative assistant) and when? Also, if you could include who interviewed you I would really appreciate it. I really loved their program and am kinda second-guessing myself now. Thanks!

Side note, this process is insanely stressful! Congrats on your acceptance :)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone heard from Penn State post interview?? This waiting process is grueling!

I know!!!! It's killing me. I heard that I was on the short list, but haven't heard anything re: offers yet. It's my top choice so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Can anyone who got into Loyola Md PM me? I was wondering who emailed you (professor, director, administrative assistant) and when? Also, if you could include who interviewed you I would really appreciate it. I really loved their program and am kinda second-guessing myself now. Thanks!

Side note, this process is insanely stressful! Congrats on your acceptance :)

I agree, it is insanely stressful and, at least for me, an emotional roller-coaster. I think Traci emailed acceptances yesterday and wait-listed interviewees...since I did not get one I assume I am out...sniffff...great program...so, congrats to those who got in!!!

I got accepted into the Pacific Graduate School of Psychology PhD program on 2/14. Has anyone heard from the PGSP-Stanford PsyD Consortium? I interviewed on 2/4 and am anxiously awaiting a reply!

Has anyone heard anything from george mason? its been two weeks since the interview...

Same. I remember them saying a week or two at the interview... Anyone heard anything yet, now that it's 5 days later? Maybe by the end of this week?

I agree, it is insanely stressful and, at least for me, an emotional roller-coaster. I think Traci emailed acceptances yesterday and wait-listed interviewees...since I did not get one I assume I am out...sniffff...great program...so, congrats to those who got in!!!

I agree, it's definitely full of ups and downs. I'm wondering how you found out Traci emailed everyone (all acceptances and all wait-listers) yesterday. Thanks :)

Same. I remember them saying a week or two at the interview... Anyone heard anything yet, now that it's 5 days later? Maybe by the end of this week?

I also interviewed at George Mason and haven't heard anything since then.

I agree, it's definitely full of ups and downs. I'm wondering how you found out Traci emailed everyone (all acceptances and all wait-listers) yesterday. Thanks :)

Hi:

I didn't mean to imply that she emailed everyone yesterday. Just assuming from what I saw on here yesterday (i.e., based on the two acceptances and one wait-listed yesterday pm). That's all. I don't know for sure though, that's correct.

Phipps

Anyone hear anything back in regards to acceptance from Clinical program at Kent State?

Has anyone heard back from Northern Illinois yet? If you have and don't want to put it on here, could you PM me with your POI (if you are comfortable)? I'm loving (not!) this waiting game...

NIU popped up on gradcafe. If that person is on here as well I'd really love if you'd be willing to pm me your POI. And of course, many congratulations!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Could the person that received an offer from NIU PM their POI as well. Thanks and congrats!!

I just saw that someone received an acceptance to Drexel on gradcafe. If that person is here too, would you mind PMing me your POI? Thanks and congrats!

Hello..I really have a question about those who received acceptances. Do your POI give you the offer after confirming that you will be definitely going? Do they hold off the offer and check your preferences of schools first? Thanks.

I was at the interview weekend and haven't heard anything yet either. Hopefully, thats a good sign for both of us!:xf:
I was there too, and I just noticed that acceptance on GradCafe. Gah, nervewracking. I haven't heard anything either. :scared:

If that person is on here, I'd love to know who their POI was!

I was there too, and I just noticed that acceptance on GradCafe. Gah, nervewracking. I haven't heard anything either. :scared:

same here! could you PM both of us? thanks!

I know!!!! It's killing me. I heard that I was on the short list, but haven't heard anything re: offers yet. It's my top choice so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Same here! They said that they would be contacting applicants within the 2 weeks after interviews, but nothing yet... :/

Does anyone have an idea of when Fordham will be sending out their decisions? From the past few years acceptance dates, it seems as though they are running a little behind..... I might also just be extremely impatient! :eek:

Does anyone have an idea of when Fordham will be sending out their decisions? From the past few years acceptance dates, it seems as though they are running a little behind..... I might also just be extremely impatient! :eek:

I'm waiting too!! I remember the director saying it would be a minimum of two weeks from the last interview day...so that would be today. Hopefully, we'll hear back any day now!

I was accepted into the clinical Ph.D. Stony Brook today!!! Yay:D

I was accepted into the clinical Ph.D. Stony Brook today!!! Yay:D

Nice job! You are really rocking this admissions season. :D Now you are going to have the eminently difficult task of figuring out where to go! Have you heard back from your #1 yet?

Nice job! You are really rocking this admissions season. :D Now you are going to have the eminently difficult task of figuring out where to go! Have you heard back from your #1 yet?

Aw, thanks so much for that nice note. SBU was my #1, so I'm thrilled and feel like I can finally exhale.

Aw, thanks so much for that nice note. SBU was my #1, so I'm thrilled and feel like I can finally exhale.

That is fantastic! I must admit I'm super jealous - I can't even remember what life was like before these forums took it over! Hopefully some school will see my deeply hidden brilliance and put me out of my misery soon... :rolleyes:

Hey,

Congratulations again!!! :thumbup: So is it between SBU and LIU, or is your mind made up. I am still waiting for LIU...:xf:

Thanks so much! I have made up my mind to accept SBU, yes:)

GOOD LUCK to you:xf: I hope you hear from LIU soon, and that you end up somewhere that makes you happy (and overworked and nuts, but ultimately happy!)!!

Just got a phone call from LIU (CW Post)!! :soexcited: After a few rejections it's nice to hear "So..are you ready for some good news?"

How long would you say is the typical amount of time to hear from a program about an acceptance post-interview? I had a couple of interviews at the end of January and am wondering if it's time to give up on those. Any thoughts from anyone?
There are a lot of variables, so it is hard to say. A lot of times stuff like funding/budgets slow things down, other times it is trying to get the selection committee and/or administration to sign off on things, etc.

I think it is odd that NIU popped up on grad cafe too... especially since the post said it happened on the 18th, which is the day after the interview. Plus, they said they would not call until Monday the 21st at the earliest. Still, Monday is long gone and still no word!! Gah!

I would appreciate the same, if that person doesn't mind. Thank you!

Same here, if that's okay! If anyone was offered admission to Drexel's forensic concentration would you mind PMing me and letting me know if you accepted?

Does anyone know if the Drexel neuropsych concentration has made offers yet? I've heard that the other concentrations have, but no one has mentioned this one (at least on this forum).

Congrats to everyone who has gotten offers! Can whoever heard from U of Utah PM me their POI, or I can send you mine and you can say yes or no?

Congrats to all! Would you mind PMing me as well? I would really appreciate it! Does anyone have any idea if U of Utah has finished extending acceptances?

Thanks so much! I have made up my mind to accept SBU, yes:)

GOOD LUCK to you:xf: I hope you hear from LIU soon, and that you end up somewhere that makes you happy (and overworked and nuts, but ultimately happy!)!!

Good luck in SBU! That's a great program!!! Are you moving to Long Island or are already in the area?

I'm still awaiting news from LIU... waiting...

Good luck in SBU! That's a great program!!! Are you moving to Long Island or are already in the area?

I'm still awaiting news from LIU... waiting...

Thanks so much, I really appreciate that! I live in Manhattan now, and will move to Long Island. It will be a big change from the city, but I'm looking forward to having a car, a bit more space, and an ACTUAL WASHER AND DRYER in my apartment!

I really hope you hear from LIU soon. From my very unscientific analysis of this forum and grad cafe, it doesn't seem like the rest of the offers have gone out yet, so I'm sure you are still likely to hear from them. :xf::xf:

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum :p

Just wanted to share some hope with all my fellow clinical psych applicants! I got accepted to University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa PhD program in Clinical Psychology! I had a terrific interview on 2/18 and received a phone call from my POI on 2/21 offering me admission. This acceptance came after receiving 6 rejections and only 1 other interview besides UA! This just shows that as long as youre a great fit for a school it will work out for you! I was a little down about all my rejections but I got accepted to my top choice so thats all that really matters :)

To all the folks who are waiting on news from Kent State - no need to worry about the silence. I got word that the department is slowing down the admissions process while they work out some budgetary issues. It could be a while longer so hang on. :cool:

Got a letter saying I was an alternate at TTU Counseling-not sure what that means since I didn't interview. Whateves!

To all the folks who are waiting on news from Kent State - no need to worry about the silence. I got word that the department is slowing down the admissions process while they work out some budgetary issues. It could be a while longer so hang on. :cool:
Like what? Is there a question about availability of funding or something? Thanks for the info, I appreciate it!