**2011 Acceptance Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
if you are definitely going to go there, then i would not wait to receive something in the mail... as you said, you don't want to wait too long at the other schools because you might be preventing someone else from being admitted in the meantime. I agree with the other poster who said that you could email them just to confirm.

if you are definitely going to go there, then i would not wait to receive something in the mail... as you said, you don't want to wait too long at the other schools because you might be preventing someone else from being admitted in the meantime. I agree with the other poster who said that you could email them just to confirm.

Done! I am still in shock that I will be going to my top school. I literally had to pinch myself because I received the call after waking up from a nap. hahaha. wow! This process can really mess with your mind!

Members don't see this ad :)
Done! I am still in shock that I will be going to my top school. I literally had to pinch myself because I received the call after waking up from a nap. hahaha. wow! This process can really mess with your mind!

Congrats! Now if only we could figure out a way to get that kind of relief into the form of a pill ...

Hi everyone, long time listener, first time caller here. :D
I just accepted an offer from Suffolk, and wondered if there were any other people from my future cohort here?

Is anyone on here by any chance holding onto an acceptance offer for the Counseling PhD program at either University of North Texas, Texas Woman's University, or University of Denver?? I'm on the waitlist at all three programs, and would love to see some action over here!!! :D

A school just called me to ask for an interview for a RA position to get funding ... but its been 2 months since the interview and I have not heard a word from the PhD program.

I have obviously not been accepted... but that was just mean! :mad:

A school just called me to ask for an interview for a RA position to get funding ... but its been 2 months since the interview and I have not heard a word from the PhD program.

You should really call them to make sure.

You should really call them to make sure.

I've emailed my POI/Clinical Director about 5 times in the past 2 months, and called them twice. It seems as though they are ignoring me.

I've emailed my POI/Clinical Director about 5 times in the past 2 months, and called them twice. It seems as though they are ignoring me.

Wow, that is definitely rude of them. Maybe you just dodged a bullet.

Or maybe they're realizing that they're in dire straits re: their funding situation and trying to figure it out before contacting you with news either way . . . Or perhaps the head of the dept suffered a severe medical condition resulting in hospitalization and has been there ever since and others in the dept are picking up the slack . . . Or perhaps they're also trying to figure out externship placements for current students for the upcoming year because there aren't enough to go around . . . Among all the other "normal" daily departmental and class "things" that occur in a program. [I only say this because our program is experiencing ALL OF THE ABOVE right now. :smuggrin:]

HOWEVER, I certainly agree that SOMEONE could call and update you about the situation regardless (unless no one knows that you're blowing about in wonderland without an answer, which is hopefully not the case :oops:).

I just got in off the alternate list at St. John's Clinical Ph.D., I accept!

Anyone going to suffolk university for their clinical psychology Phd program in the fall? I just got accepted off their waitlist and I could not be more excited!

Anyone going to suffolk university for their clinical psychology Phd program in the fall? I just got accepted off their waitlist and I could not be more excited!

yep!
I'm pumped too!

pm me your email address if you wanna get in touch :)

Anyone starting the Clinical PsyD program at Antioch University this Fall?

PM me if u can. :)

Anyone going to FDU? Contact me. Wondering who is in my cohort...