-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2011 APPIC Internship Application Thread
Started by Therapist4Chnge
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Has anyone heard anything from Temple or CHOP? Haven't heard anything and wondering if anyone else has...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Had my first interview today, a rejection from Miami VA, and an invitation from Long Beach VA. All in all that balanced itself out. Really excited about the Long Beach VA, and that completes my California string of interviews.
All of you who haven't gone to an interview yet--if this one today was any indication, they're really not that bad. I actually enjoyed myself today, so hopefully you guys will too 🙂 If you don't, that may be an indication to help out with your rankings. So far 9 invites, 2 rejections, 5 to hear from.
All of you who haven't gone to an interview yet--if this one today was any indication, they're really not that bad. I actually enjoyed myself today, so hopefully you guys will too 🙂 If you don't, that may be an indication to help out with your rankings. So far 9 invites, 2 rejections, 5 to hear from.
Has anyone heard anything from Temple or CHOP? Haven't heard anything and wondering if anyone else has...
Nothing from CHOP here, last year they notified on the 14th.
Just received a rejection from Allegheny General Hospital. It was not personalized.
P
me too! I am at 3 and 5 now, getting a little worried
.After setting up some interview dates, I just realized that I have no idea where to go for the actual interviews. Some of the places are large hospitals and there is no one obvious place to go.
Do sites normally give you more info closer to the time? My interviews are in January.
I got so excited about getting interviews that I forgot to ask in my reply! Would it be weird to email them back straight away, or should I wait to hear more?
Do sites normally give you more info closer to the time? My interviews are in January.
I got so excited about getting interviews that I forgot to ask in my reply! Would it be weird to email them back straight away, or should I wait to hear more?
Today was a big day for me. I received 5 interview offers:
Ohio Psychology Internship
Child and Adolescent Behavioral Health (Ohio)
St. John's Child & Family Development Center (Cali)
Primary Children's Medical Center (SLC, Utah)
Hawthorn Center (Michigan)
I also got a rejection from Allegheny.
I'm feeling very thankful for all of this. This is my second time applying (no interviews last year).
Congrats! Today is your lucky day. You should go buy a scratch off. Good luck on your interviews.👍
Congrats!!! 👍 It's been nothing but crickets over here today. Still waiting on three more sites. Anyone hear anything (positive or negative) from...
The Watson Institute
Univ. of Tennessee - St Judes track
Family Service and Guidance Center (Topeka KS)
I didn't apply, but as per folks in my program they are still hearing crickets from The Watson Ins, and St. Judes. Good luck!
After setting up some interview dates, I just realized that I have no idea where to go for the actual interviews. Some of the places are large hospitals and there is no one obvious place to go.
Do sites normally give you more info closer to the time? My interviews are in January.
I got so excited about getting interviews that I forgot to ask in my reply! Would it be weird to email them back straight away, or should I wait to hear more?
No need to email them back--they'll let you know soon or before your interview. If it's a day before and you still don't know, then it's probably cool to contact them. good luck!
I didn't apply, but as per folks in my program they are still hearing crickets from The Watson Ins, and St. Judes. Good luck!
*Whew* Thanks for the info! I'll pretend like I have some patience left while I wait for the last three

Today was a big day for me. I received 5 interview offers:
Ohio Psychology Internship
Child and Adolescent Behavioral Health (Ohio)
St. John's Child & Family Development Center (Cali)
Primary Children's Medical Center (SLC, Utah)
Hawthorn Center (Michigan)
I also got a rejection from Allegheny.
I'm feeling very thankful for all of this. This is my second time applying (no interviews last year).
Holy moly! That is an awesome day. Congratulations!
*Whew* Thanks for the info! I'll pretend like I have some patience left while I wait for the last three![]()
The "last three" are killin' me.....
Well just had my first interview and I'm happy to say that despite my pre-anxiety the process was pleasant and the other applicants were interesting, kind, and just as stressed-out as the rest of us. I think that'll be the norm as all of us in this field want to help others and do what we love. Getting an internship is a trying experience, but we can still treat each other well.
Now, as the week comes to a close, 9 sites left to hear from with roughly 3 days to be notified. Enjoy your weekends all, keep your spirits up, and good luck!!!
Thank you so much for posting this! It really helped me to get some perspective (as I'm currently in the midst of pre-interview hysteria).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I heard from a few places today: interview invites from Texas Woman's Univ counseling center, Univ of Kansas counseling center, and Salesmanship Club. A rejection from U of MN counseling center. I'm waiting to hear from five more sites, but so far I have six interviews and two rejections.
Has anyone heard from these or know anyone who has?
Northampton VA
Central TX VA
FMC Devens
US Medical Center for Federal Prisoners
FMC Carswell
University of OK health sciences center Adult Track
Hawaii VA
FCC Butner
Thanks!
A classmate of mine got an interview at Butner maybe a week or two ago (not certain of the exact date). I don't know any of the details (ie: if it was a mass e-mail, individual e-mail, phone call) but I think someone else on this thread mentioned Butner a little while back too. Good luck!
Thank you!
Nothing from CHOP here, last year they notified on the 14th.
Thank you! Good Luck!
A classmate of mine got an interview at Butner maybe a week or two ago (not certain of the exact date). I don't know any of the details (ie: if it was a mass e-mail, individual e-mail, phone call) but I think someone else on this thread mentioned Butner a little while back too. Good luck!
Thank you! Good luck to you also!
Received an interview from Northwestern CAPS yesterday
Great training program there! Congrats!
Has anyone heard from these or know anyone who has?
Northampton VA
Central TX VA
FMC Devens
US Medical Center for Federal Prisoners
FMC Carswell
University of OK health sciences center Adult Track
Hawaii VA
FCC Butner
Thanks!
I am also waiting on FMC Devens and FCC Butner. Fingers crossed!!!



Butner is like my #1, but I don't have a ton of adult experience, so.... 



Got an interview w/ South Shore Mental Health yesterday. Applied there last year but didn't get an interview. This is rather validating
3
363492
Has anyone heard from these or know anyone who has?
Northampton VA
Central TX VA
FMC Devens
US Medical Center for Federal Prisoners
FMC Carswell
University of OK health sciences center Adult Track
Hawaii VA
FCC Butner
We have a bit of overlap - Northampton, Central TX VA, and FMC Devens and Carswell. No word from any of these on my end, and I'm feeling discouraged. Good luck to you!![]()
has anyone gotten rejections from:
-bellevue child track
-LIJ child track
-Community services institute
-Institute for child and family health (general outpatient track)
-bellevue child track
-LIJ child track
-Community services institute
-Institute for child and family health (general outpatient track)
ugh. This process seems to be more and more stressful for me 🙁. So far I have heard back from 9 sites. 8 rejections & 1 rejection/waitlist. NO INTERVIEWS yet. I know I still have 15 sites to hear from, but I am starting to get really down about this. I need some interviews!! Here is who I have heard from:
Rejections from:
Spring Grove Hospital, MD
Johns Hopkins University, MD
Albert Einstein Montefiore Medical Center (child/adolescent), NY
Southern Mississippi Consortium/pine grove
Casa Pacifica, CA
Child & Family Guidance Center, CA
Park Place Behavioral Healthcare, FL
Virginia Treatment Center for Children
Arkansas Division of Behavioral Health Services, AR (Waitlist/rejection email)
Still waiting to hear from:
Salesmanship (TX)
Central TX internship
Morrison (OR)
Linn Co (OR)
Chehalem Youth & Family Services (OR)
MercyFirst (NY)
Bexar Co Juvenile Probation (TX)
Central Virginia Consortium
Terry Children's Psychiatric Center (DE)
College of William & Mary
Southern AZ Consortium/La Frontera
Superior Court D.C.
AZ psych training consortium
Charleston consortium
Rappahannock area community services board
Ugh. I know I keep trying to tell myself that I still haven't heard from 15 sites so I could still get something. I just don't feel all that bright & hopeful about it right now having none.
Rejections from:
Spring Grove Hospital, MD
Johns Hopkins University, MD
Albert Einstein Montefiore Medical Center (child/adolescent), NY
Southern Mississippi Consortium/pine grove
Casa Pacifica, CA
Child & Family Guidance Center, CA
Park Place Behavioral Healthcare, FL
Virginia Treatment Center for Children
Arkansas Division of Behavioral Health Services, AR (Waitlist/rejection email)
Still waiting to hear from:
Salesmanship (TX)
Central TX internship
Morrison (OR)
Linn Co (OR)
Chehalem Youth & Family Services (OR)
MercyFirst (NY)
Bexar Co Juvenile Probation (TX)
Central Virginia Consortium
Terry Children's Psychiatric Center (DE)
College of William & Mary
Southern AZ Consortium/La Frontera
Superior Court D.C.
AZ psych training consortium
Charleston consortium
Rappahannock area community services board
Ugh. I know I keep trying to tell myself that I still haven't heard from 15 sites so I could still get something. I just don't feel all that bright & hopeful about it right now having none.
Got an invitation yesterday from the West Coast Children's Clinic in Oakland, CA. Interview is on January 3rd, and apparently they do follow up interviews later that day for out of staters and an interview the next day for in staters. Looked like a mass email (titled "Dear Applicants")
Keep your head up. This process is crazy-making. We can all learn from what this brings out in us. The journey through self-doubt and discouragement can only lead to a greater ability to identify with clients in the long run. At least that's my chosen perspective.
Rejections from: Salt Lake City VA, Jerry L Pettis VA, VA Pittsburgh, Bay Pines VA, VA Los Angeles, VA Illiana, North Chicago VA. 👎
Interview: Manhattan VA 👍
Could you please tell me when you heard from VA Illiana? I know they've sent rejections and interviews, but I haven't heard either way... 😕(I've checked my spam too!) thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't think they actually sent anything. I just got the email saying that they would inform applicants on December 3rd. I haven't heard anything since so my assumption is that I have been voted off that particular island. Either way, I'm not super impressed.Could you please tell me when you heard from VA Illiana? I know they've sent rejections and interviews, but I haven't heard either way... 😕(I've checked my spam too!) thanks!
has anyone gotten rejections from:
-Institute for child and family health (general outpatient track)
I also applied to the general outpatient track and haven't heard a thing either way.
I am also waiting on FMC Devens and FCC Butner. Fingers crossed!!!Butner is like my #1, but I don't have a ton of adult experience, so....
Got an interview w/ South Shore Mental Health yesterday. Applied there last year but didn't get an interview. This is rather validating![]()
Butner lost a bunch of positions this year (3 or 4), including the entire B-Med track. Thus, they kinda lost their appeal for me...
In general though the BOP sites seem to be waiting till the last minute...I applied to 4 of them and have only heard back from one, an interview with FMC-Lexington.So it appears that still no one has received word from the Adult or Neuropsychology tracks at OU?
Two of my peers heard from the OUHSC neuropsych track about three weeks ago and I had heard from the adult track there around the same time. I believe it was the week before thanksiving and it was a phone call.
I don't think they actually sent anything. I just got the email saying that they would inform applicants on December 3rd. I haven't heard anything since so my assumption is that I have been voted off that particular island. Either way, I'm not super impressed.
Oh ok, that makes sense, thanks.
I feel the same about it.
has anyone gotten rejections from:
-bellevue child track
-LIJ child track
-Community services institute
-Institute for child and family health (general outpatient track)
I interviewed for the bellevue child track earlier this week and it sounded like they were done with reviewing all the files based on what the TD said during orientation, but who knows, maybe they'll send out more offers based on how interviewees perform? Keeping my fingers crossed for you! It's the worst knowing that interview offers have gone out but not hearing either way.
So it appears that still no one has received word from the Adult or Neuropsychology tracks at OU?
Hi hgravez. I received an invitation to the Adult track of University of Oklahoma Health Sciences the week after Thanksgiving. The invitation was by phone, I believe. Hope this helps!
Interview invite from UNC Chapel Hill CC this afternoon 

Awesome. Yet another rejection (and from a site I thought I was very qualified for & a good fit...adolescent substance abuse program with the Arizona psych consortium). On a Saturday too. Ugh. Am I ever going to get an interview?
I was in your exact position until yesterday when I finally got a nibble. Keep your chin up! I know that's hard right now, but you still have a ton of sites to hear from. Honestly, this is going to sound weird, but I decided I'm just going to be happy with life and happiness would then be returned to me. And that's when I got my interview. Obviously, I don't think it's magic or anything but it can't hurt! 🙂 I'll send positive thoughts your direction!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got the letter from Iliana. The training director wrote a personalized email noting that her computer crashed and apologized for the delay in her response.Could you please tell me when you heard from VA Illiana? I know they've sent rejections and interviews, but I haven't heard either way... 😕(I've checked my spam too!) thanks!
Has anyone heard word from:
Any of the sites in the Wichita Collaborative Psychology Internship Program (WCPIP)
Togus VA
Memphis VA
Bedford VA (Edith Nourse Rogers VA)
Mt. Sinai
Henry Ford
This waiting is killing me....
I received a call inviting me to interview @ Henry Ford for the peds neuro track. I think it was last Wednesday, 12/8.
On another note, got a rejection email from Lenox Hill this AM.
Has anyone received rejections from Emory Med School, Jesse Brown VA, or Miami Children's Hospital? I know I've heard of people getting interviews, but I haven't heard either way so I was just curious.
I received a call inviting me to interview @ Henry Ford for the peds neuro track. I think it was last Wednesday, 12/8.
On another note, got a rejection email from Lenox Hill this AM.
Has anyone received rejections from Emory Med School, Jesse Brown VA, or Miami Children's Hospital? I know I've heard of people getting interviews, but I haven't heard either way so I was just curious.
i received a rejection from Jesse Brown last week, and a classmate received a rejection from Emory 1-2 weeks ago. so i guess it might be good news if you have yet to hear anything from them.
has anyone heard back from Pennsylvania Hospital or Temple? also, has anyone heard back from Hines VA?
edit: based on the news i've received so far, i feel like i may have applied to too many competitive sites. however, i only applied to 3 sites with over 200 applicants. i thought sites with over 200 applicants were considered competitive. is this an erroneous assumption? are sites with over 150 applicants considered competitive? what are the benchmarks for a site to be considered "competitive"?
edit: based on the news i've received so far, i feel like i may have applied to too many competitive sites. however, i only applied to 3 sites with over 200 applicants. i thought sites with over 200 applicants were considered competitive. is this an erroneous assumption? are sites with over 150 applicants considered competitive? what are the benchmarks for a site to be considered "competitive"?
Has anyone heard word from:
Any of the sites in the Wichita Collaborative Psychology Internship Program (WCPIP)
Togus VA
Memphis VA
Bedford VA (Edith Nourse Rogers VA)
Mt. Sinai
Henry Ford
This waiting is killing me....
I am still waiting on the Memphis VA. I don't think anyone has heard from them (at least from following this blog). Did you receive an email from them the week before Thanksgiving noting that your application was complete and you were still being considered? They seem to be taking a looong time.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 204
- Replies
- 11
- Views
- 9K