2011 math destroyer panic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

1800RAW

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
so I just started going through this and I have to say im literally freaking out. I never really had a knack for math and its taking me like an hour and a half to get through a single test and im probably getting only half of the questions correct. my sciences are very strong and I really dont want all my time spent studying for them to be wasted on a crappy QR score. As of right now, I take my DAT in 13 days. for those of you that went through math destroyer, how did you initially do on the exams and how long did it take for you to consistently score a 20+?

Members don't see this ad.

I am taking the DAT in May and yes I finding the math destroyer very difficult also.... but I have a weak math background that's the reason I got it I havent had math in 4 years so I REALLY need to brush up

In the same boat man. On the bright side, most people have said math destroyer is more difficult than the QR on the DAT, and then you've got the fact that dental schools don't seem to put too much value on it. I don't know what else to say man, it seems like a crap shoot, people just don't seem to do that great on QR, even without struggling in math.

I will say this, if I feel primed and ready to kick ass on everything, but still don't feel confident on QR, I'm still gonna take the test. But that's just me. ;) *glances warily at the math destroyer* If you figure something out that really makes the QR work for you, please do share.

In the same boat man. On the bright side, most people have said math destroyer is more difficult than the QR on the DAT, and then you've got the fact that dental schools don't seem to put too much value on it. I don't know what else to say man, it seems like a crap shoot, people just don't seem to do that great on QR, even without struggling in math.

I will say this, if I feel primed and ready to kick ass on everything, but still don't feel confident on QR, I'm still gonna take the test. But that's just me. ;) *glances warily at the math destroyer* If you figure something out that really makes the QR work for you, please do share.

haha this actually makes me feel a bit better. not to take comfort in your hardships, but youve helped answer a few of my questions and seem pretty smart, so at least that means im not a complete ***** if youre struggling a bit. but yeah dude, one one hand i just wanna get this damn thing over with, and on the other I dont want a crappy QR score bringing down my AA after all my work in everything else. I know alot of places seem to emphasize it the least, but Im actually a former premed and decided, unfortunately halfway through filling out my secondaries, that medicine was not the career choice for me. Im glad i realized this when I did and not later, but I dont know if it may/may not raise a red flag when applying, so I really want to minimize any and all weaknesses in my over all application.

anyways, im gonna give myself 5-6 days with this stuff, see how it goes. worst comes to worst ill just push the test date back 2 weeks or so, we'll see what happens. good luck with the test prep man.

haha this actually makes me feel a bit better. not to take comfort in your hardships, but youve helped answer a few of my questions and seem pretty smart, so at least that means im not a complete ***** if youre struggling a bit. but yeah dude, one one hand i just wanna get this damn thing over with, and on the other I dont want a crappy QR score bringing down my AA after all my work in everything else. I know alot of places seem to emphasize it the least, but Im actually a former premed and decided, unfortunately halfway through filling out my secondaries, that medicine was not the career choice for me. Im glad i realized this when I did and not later, but I dont know if it may/may not raise a red flag when applying, so I really want to minimize any and all weaknesses in my over all application.

anyways, im gonna give myself 5-6 days with this stuff, see how it goes. worst comes to worst ill just push the test date back 2 weeks or so, we'll see what happens. good luck with the test prep man.

Glad to be of help, in any capacity, we're all climbing the same terrible mountain after all.

I can totally see where you're coming from, and I'd be concerned with the same things. Just do what you gotta do, and good luck to you too, I look forward to your breakdown.