2012-2013 Application Process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AATOT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I thought it might be nice to have a forum where we can discuss how long the application process took for everyone, from start to finish. It took me about 6 hours to complete all of my application information(not including the time and effort it took to get the ELOR's completed by my references).

I submitted my OTCAS on Oct 1st and I am still waiting on it to be verified. I will let you all know when I get it verified. I have only submitted my application to one school- Nova for the M.O.T. program- so that I can live at home and save money.

Best of luck to everyone working on your applications:)

Members don't see this ad.

It took me about two weeks to finish OTCAS. From inputting my information, getting my LOR's and sending and OTCAS recieving my transcripts. I turned everything in September 1 and was verified September 14. My friend was verified in only three days so it varies.

Hoping to turn my OTCAS app tomorrow, just tweaking the essay as of now. And just received my last LOR this past week. I have 5 transcripts, so I assume it will take OTCAS some time to verify my app, unfortunately.
My earliest app for OTCAS is Samuel Merritt (oct. 31st), but at the information meeting they said there is no advantage to sending in your app earlier than that date. Just an FYI for others applying there. Congrats on turning your OTCAS apps already!

BTW- has anyone submitted their app for St. Augustine due Dec. 15th? I'm not sure if their admissions is rolling or not..

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,
It took me about a month to finish my OTCAS app. Including writing the personal statement. I submitted on Sept 25th and I am still waiting on it to be verified... The whole process just makes me so anxious. The waiting is terrible.
Good luck to all!

Hi all- as I had mentioned before I had submitted my OTCAS application on October 1st. I just spoke with them and they said as of today. 10/15, they are currently processing applications that were submitted on 9/23 and that mine would be at least another week. So, that should give everyone and idea of how long they are taking right now(3-4 weeks). I am anxious about this whole process and just want to get into my school of choice (Nova), but it is what it is. Good luck to everyone!