General Admissions & OTCAS OTCAS application mistake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

komatsu

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Seeking some advice, first time poster.

US applicant here, I realize i made a mistake in my OTCAS app that just got verified. I answered a custom question incorrectly: “Are you currently located in a European Union country, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, or Switzerland?” I marked it as Yes, though I am living in the states.

I was wondering if there was advice or if it’s worth contacting the university i applied to for a correction. Thank you.
 
You can go to the help desk in the otcas system to see if you can change it . You might be able to go into otcas and change that section if it's not locked and then push make updates. It will send it to the school. However, I know mine was locked from changing when it got verified. If all else fails it would probably be a good idea to let the university your applying to know about the mistake. I did the same thing on a question in otcas and I contacted them and let them know. And they were super nice about it. Good luck! Hope everything goes well.