-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 MD/PhD Acceptances
Started by latebutterflu
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I decided after a late-night pow-wow with my wife that I'm heading to UT Southwestern.
Congrats! 😎
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all
im wondering how many of you took the July MCAT and still were successful in application? Thanks
im wondering how many of you took the July MCAT and still were successful in application? Thanks
Just made my final decision today. I'm heading to Northwestern in the fall!
Woah! If you don't mind my asking, why Northwestern out of all of the other great schools?
Woah! If you don't mind my asking, why Northwestern out of all of the other great schools?
Close (for Iowa standards) to home a big factor?
Very tough decision, but I'll be heading to Vanderbilt...excited 🙂
I just looked at the national (interim) acceptance report. About 160 MD/PhD acceptees still have 2 or more acceptances with most of them deciding between 2 MD/PhD programs. Although many of these decisions are already made, it takes up to a week for admission officers to update the website. In any case, the point for potential applicants is that about 25% of positions are decided this late. Programs tend to admit an extra applicant or two because expected attrition prior to matriculation. This explains why a program might have 4 matriculants one year and 7 the following year.
Thanks for those stats, Fencer! I still have my fingers crossed to off one of two wait-list for my 'dream programs', so I was wondering how much movement is left, this time of year.
Now that we're past the multiple acceptance deadline, has anyone out there got pulled off a wait-list recently? Or perhaps it takes a few days for admission officers to get things sorted?
Now that we're past the multiple acceptance deadline, has anyone out there got pulled off a wait-list recently? Or perhaps it takes a few days for admission officers to get things sorted?
I took the September MCAT and was still fine.Hey all
im wondering how many of you took the July MCAT and still were successful in application? Thanks
I got pulled off of two waitlists on Tuesday night, and have heard from others that more movement is likely in the coming weeks. I think students in my position are given roughly a week to decide on these new offers, after which the program(s) we turn down will offer the open spot to the next person on the waitlist. I imagine this is a continuous process until the incoming class is entirely filled, which may take a while for some programs. Keep the faith! MSTP waitlists are often pretty fluid!
^ Same, I've gotten pulled off two waitlists in the past two days. One school I had already tried to withdraw from, but apparently that message never made it to my file. The other school had given me 48 hours to decide.
That's exciting! I'm hoping some movement comes my way as well. I'd really like to know where I'm going to be in a few months.
Best of luck to all and congrats to those that have already chosen their new home!
Best of luck to all and congrats to those that have already chosen their new home!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how long the waitlist stays relatively "fluid"? I am number one on the waitlist of my #1 choice right now... really hoping I get a call soon
Yeah, I've been wondering this too... sounds like there is a lot of waitlist movement, but for how long....
Do you mind me asking how you found out you're #1 on the waitlist? Did you just email the director and get that back? I've been getting only general comments, or ignores... 🙁
All the best luck though... I imagine your chances are pretty good if you're at the top of the list!
Do you mind me asking how you found out you're #1 on the waitlist? Did you just email the director and get that back? I've been getting only general comments, or ignores... 🙁
All the best luck though... I imagine your chances are pretty good if you're at the top of the list!
Just got off of a waitlist last Friday. Still waiting (optimistically) for one more!
Albert Einstein - RTP424 (I: 11/5, A: 12/14), hopeitworksout (A:01/24)
Baylor -- jumblemumble (I: 11/8 ,A: 12/13), scott13 (I: 11/30, A: 12/19)
Boston University - postalkwk (I: 10/23, A: 1/12)
Case Western -- uniqenam (I:10/3, A: 10/22)
Cornell -- esmjjs (I: 11/14, A:12/12), MrNeuro (I: 10/24, A:12/12)
Duke-- backflip72 (I: 01/17, A: 02/18)
IUPUI-- B2the2 (I: 01/16, A:02/19)
Jefferson Medical College-- Maldon (I: 1/8, A: 4/29)
Mayo Clinic-- backflip72 (I: 01/25, A: 02/06)
Mt. Sinai -- postalkwk (I: 10/30, A:12/14), jumblemumble (I: 11/26, A: 12/15), solesurprise (I: 02/04, A: 02/18)
Northwestern-- backflip72 (I: 11/15, A: 11/21), hopeitworksout (A:01/23), Hopeful101 (I: 11/15, A: 05/28)
NYU - postalkwk (I 12/15 A: 1/24), MrNeuro (A:1/?)
Ohio State University-- pomona012 (I: 11/5, A: 2/22)
Penn State -- latebutterflu (I:11/12, A: 11/21), scott13 (I: 12/10, A: 12/20), Scaeland(I:1/14, A: 1/31), RungeKutta4 (I: 2/11, A: 2/20)
Stanford- backflip72(I: 12/13, A: 03/15)
SUNY Upstate -- phonyreal98 (I: 12/11, A: 1/30), mishaob (I: 1/14, A: 1/30), RungeKutta4 (I: 1/14, A: 1/30)
Temple University - solesurprise
UIC - goodkarma (I:12/3, A: 12/10), hopeitworksout (A: 01/22), shirtntie (I: 1/14, A: 1/28), puns4life (I: 2/25, A: 3/12), RungeKutta4 (I: 2/25, A: 3/12)
UMDNJ-RWJ/Princeton/Rutgers - RTP424 (I:11/12, A: 12/07), AGG (I: 12/17, A: 01/29)
University of Alabama-Birmingham- backflip72(I: 12/6, A: 2/13)
University of California Irvine - MrNeuro (A: 12/?)
University of California Los Angeles (UCLA)/Caltech - MrNeuro (A: 3/12)
University of California San Diego (UCSD) - MrNeuro (A: 3/9)
University of Cincinnati - RTP424 (I:12/14, A:12/19), puns4life (I:1/25, A:2/19)
University of Connecticut- doctorg113 (I 2/4, A: 4/18)
University of Iowa- backflip72 (I:11/16-17, A: 12/20), kellbell12 (I:2/1, A:4/10)
University of Kentucky - scaeland(I:11/25-26, A:12/21)
University of Maryland - scott13 (I: 12/12-12/13, A: 1/7?), lostintranscrip (I: 1/15, A: 2/5)
University of Michigan: latebutterfly (I: 12/6-7, A: 3/4 at 9:41 PM via email), xhibernatorxd (I: 1/11ish, A: 3/4), lostintranscrip (A: 3/4)
University of Minnesota - MrNeuro (I:11/18, A: 12/4); B2the2 (I: 12/21, A: 01/20ish)
University of Oklahoma - DrHooverC (I:11/26, A:12/24)
University of Southern California/Caltech - MrNeuro (A: 3/12)
University of Virginia - solesurprise (I:1/24, A: 2/21)
UT Health Science Center - San Antonio -- uniqenam (I: 10/1, A: 10/30), MrNeuro (I: 9/17, A: 11/5)
UTMB sks889 (I: 11/30, A: 2/1)
UT Southwestern -- uniqenam (I:10/12ish, A: 1/11), Dabo (I: 11/30, A: 1/11)
Vanderbilt: latebutterflu (I: 1/31, A: 3/11 by phone)
Virginia Commonwealth University -- gobriightly (I: 9/24-9/25, A: 10/15)
WashU - MrNeuro (A: 1/?)
Wayne State University -- uniqenam (I: 11/14?, A: 1/18)
Yale- mrps (I:1/28, A: 3/12), backflip72(I: 01/14, A: 03/12), MrNeuro (I: 2/17, A: 3/12)
Looks like I'll get my MD and my PhD from Northwestern!
Baylor -- jumblemumble (I: 11/8 ,A: 12/13), scott13 (I: 11/30, A: 12/19)
Boston University - postalkwk (I: 10/23, A: 1/12)
Case Western -- uniqenam (I:10/3, A: 10/22)
Cornell -- esmjjs (I: 11/14, A:12/12), MrNeuro (I: 10/24, A:12/12)
Duke-- backflip72 (I: 01/17, A: 02/18)
IUPUI-- B2the2 (I: 01/16, A:02/19)
Jefferson Medical College-- Maldon (I: 1/8, A: 4/29)
Mayo Clinic-- backflip72 (I: 01/25, A: 02/06)
Mt. Sinai -- postalkwk (I: 10/30, A:12/14), jumblemumble (I: 11/26, A: 12/15), solesurprise (I: 02/04, A: 02/18)
Northwestern-- backflip72 (I: 11/15, A: 11/21), hopeitworksout (A:01/23), Hopeful101 (I: 11/15, A: 05/28)
NYU - postalkwk (I 12/15 A: 1/24), MrNeuro (A:1/?)
Ohio State University-- pomona012 (I: 11/5, A: 2/22)
Penn State -- latebutterflu (I:11/12, A: 11/21), scott13 (I: 12/10, A: 12/20), Scaeland(I:1/14, A: 1/31), RungeKutta4 (I: 2/11, A: 2/20)
Stanford- backflip72(I: 12/13, A: 03/15)
SUNY Upstate -- phonyreal98 (I: 12/11, A: 1/30), mishaob (I: 1/14, A: 1/30), RungeKutta4 (I: 1/14, A: 1/30)
Temple University - solesurprise
UIC - goodkarma (I:12/3, A: 12/10), hopeitworksout (A: 01/22), shirtntie (I: 1/14, A: 1/28), puns4life (I: 2/25, A: 3/12), RungeKutta4 (I: 2/25, A: 3/12)
UMDNJ-RWJ/Princeton/Rutgers - RTP424 (I:11/12, A: 12/07), AGG (I: 12/17, A: 01/29)
University of Alabama-Birmingham- backflip72(I: 12/6, A: 2/13)
University of California Irvine - MrNeuro (A: 12/?)
University of California Los Angeles (UCLA)/Caltech - MrNeuro (A: 3/12)
University of California San Diego (UCSD) - MrNeuro (A: 3/9)
University of Cincinnati - RTP424 (I:12/14, A:12/19), puns4life (I:1/25, A:2/19)
University of Connecticut- doctorg113 (I 2/4, A: 4/18)
University of Iowa- backflip72 (I:11/16-17, A: 12/20), kellbell12 (I:2/1, A:4/10)
University of Kentucky - scaeland(I:11/25-26, A:12/21)
University of Maryland - scott13 (I: 12/12-12/13, A: 1/7?), lostintranscrip (I: 1/15, A: 2/5)
University of Michigan: latebutterfly (I: 12/6-7, A: 3/4 at 9:41 PM via email), xhibernatorxd (I: 1/11ish, A: 3/4), lostintranscrip (A: 3/4)
University of Minnesota - MrNeuro (I:11/18, A: 12/4); B2the2 (I: 12/21, A: 01/20ish)
University of Oklahoma - DrHooverC (I:11/26, A:12/24)
University of Southern California/Caltech - MrNeuro (A: 3/12)
University of Virginia - solesurprise (I:1/24, A: 2/21)
UT Health Science Center - San Antonio -- uniqenam (I: 10/1, A: 10/30), MrNeuro (I: 9/17, A: 11/5)
UTMB sks889 (I: 11/30, A: 2/1)
UT Southwestern -- uniqenam (I:10/12ish, A: 1/11), Dabo (I: 11/30, A: 1/11)
Vanderbilt: latebutterflu (I: 1/31, A: 3/11 by phone)
Virginia Commonwealth University -- gobriightly (I: 9/24-9/25, A: 10/15)
WashU - MrNeuro (A: 1/?)
Wayne State University -- uniqenam (I: 11/14?, A: 1/18)
Yale- mrps (I:1/28, A: 3/12), backflip72(I: 01/14, A: 03/12), MrNeuro (I: 2/17, A: 3/12)
Looks like I'll get my MD and my PhD from Northwestern!
^ Same, I've gotten pulled off two waitlists in the past two days. One school I had already tried to withdraw from, but apparently that message never made it to my file. The other school had given me 48 hours to decide.
I know this is bad form...please forgive me, others...but, latebutterflu, your inbox is full, and this is the most recent post I could find from you! Please PM me when you get a chance. Thanks!