You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Ohio State University MEDPATH applicants
Started by 609718
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Moving to PostBacc programs.
...
Last edited:
There's already a thread for this in 2012-2013 Allopathic School Discussions[/QUOTE
Has anyone gotten any news on specific dates yet? They should be in April.
Last edited:
There's already a thread for this in 2012-2013 Allopathic School Discussions[/QUOTE
Has anyone gotten any news on specific dates yet? I was told they'll definitely be in April.
No. I have not heard any news yet either. I know that interviews are in April & invites go out in March. I wonder how many people are invited to apply.
Moving to PostBacc programs.
Is there another MEDPATH message board that I'm not aware of? This one's kind of quiet. Please reply.
Last edited:
Is there another MEDPATH message board that I'm not aware of? This one's kind of quiet. Please reply.
I'm not sure. 🙁 I've been trying to search for new message boards, but haven't found any yet.
Dedae317, is this your first year applying?I'm not sure. 🙁 I've been trying to search for new message boards, but haven't found any yet.
Dedae317, is this your first year applying?
Nope...I'm a re-applicant .... hoping and PRAYING to get in this cycle!

How long did it take to receive an invitation to apply to MEDPATH after you sent in your secondaries? Also when is the MEDPATH application due?
It took the admissions committee like 3 weeks o invite me to apply to MEDPATH. I believe the application is due at the end of January.
How long did it take to receive an invitation to apply to MEDPATH after you sent in your secondaries? Also when is the MEDPATH application due?
When did you submit your secondary?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No. I have not heard any news yet either. I know that interviews are in April & invites go out in March. I wonder how many people are invited to apply.
100 as I've seen from previous years' posts
100 as I've seen from previous years' posts
Is that 100 invitations or 100 applications submitted?
Hey guys, do you think since the deadline in previous years has been mid feb that we will here back on interviews in feb, since our deadline is jan? Also, do you guys know anything about how many submit applications verse how many were invited to apply? Thanks! Good luck to all that are applying!
Hey guys, do you think since the deadline in previous years has been mid feb that we will here back on interviews in feb, since our deadline is jan? Also, do you guys know anything about how many submit applications verse how many were invited to apply? Thanks! Good luck to all that are applying!
i think we will hear back in March because Nikki Radclifee sent an email stating that the interview invites go out in March. Also, I have no idea how many people that are invited to apply actually complete the applications. I think about 100 people are invited to apply and 30 are picked to interview. Good luck!
Thanks for the info. I never received the email stating invites will be sent out in March. I wonder how I get on that list?
Thanks for the info. I never received the email stating invites will be sent out in March. I wonder how I get on that list?
Did you get an email stating that they received your application and your file is complete?
Ah, yes. Now I see it. Thank you.
I submitted my secondary in the middle of OctoberWhen did you submit your secondary?
I've been anxious since I mailed in my application. Lol. I don't want to think about it too much. It makes a potential letdown easier to handle.
.
Last edited:
Based on this thread, there's less than 15 participants. Does that mean were all guaranteed admission? Whoo hoo!
Based on this thread, there's less than 15 participants. Does that mean were all guaranteed admission? Whoo hoo!
Woooo! That means guaranteed interview whaaa whaaaaaa. Based on previous threads an interview guarantees you at least on the waiting list. Oh how beautiful would it be if this was true!

Really great. Seriously though, where is everyone? Facebook? I couldn't find anything.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted my secondary in the middle of October
Did they invite you to apply to MEDPATH? I think they invite around 100 people each year
If your addressing me then yes, they invited me.
I, too, am really anxious to hear back from this program. I know someone who previously went through and they have nothing but good things to say about it. This is pretty much my top choice as far as post-bac programs go. I have a couple of interviews at other places, but would love to go to OSU.
Do you really think they'll make us wait until March to hear about interviews? I'm selfishly hoping we hear before the end of the month!
Do you really think they'll make us wait until March to hear about interviews? I'm selfishly hoping we hear before the end of the month!
Anything can happen. By this point they may already know who their inviting. How many last minute applicants could there be?
Last edited:
Did they invite you to apply to MEDPATH? I think they invite around 100 people each year
I was also invited to apply MEDPATH.
Do you really think they'll make us wait until March to hear about interviews? I'm selfishly hoping we hear before the end of the month!
I think they will make us wait. From what I have been able to research about the admissions committee, the committee is comprised of members of admissions for the med school. Therefore, I think the march invite deadline helps give them time to focus on md invites and our applications. On the bright side, only three weeks until we know our fate , interview or not. 😉
I went to OSU as an undergrad. The smallest lectures for science courses was around 150 and largest around 400. But you also have a recitation twice a week , which is a class of 25 students and a TA. Also, the professors at OSU have office hours where they teach and answer questions. The professors are great about meeting outside of those times for extra help. Don't be intimidated by how large the lectures are. You get out of a class what you put into it at OSU. I can't speak for the grad courses though I'm assuming its similar, probably smaller class sizes.
Does anyone know big the undergraduate courses are at OSU? I was informed that students in MEDPATH do not have their own classes and they must take the classes with the undergraduates at OSU.
If you read the books before the semester begins and sit near the front, you should be fine.
I went to OSU as an undergrad. The smallest lectures for science courses was around 150 and largest around 400. But you also have a recitation twice a week , which is a class of 25 students and a TA. Also, the professors at OSU have office hours where they teach and answer questions. The professors are great about meeting outside of those times for extra help. Don't be intimidated by how large the lectures are. You get out of a class what you put into it at OSU. I can't speak for the grad courses though I'm assuming its similar, probably smaller class sizes.
Thanks for replying! Those classes are pretty large but I am assuming that the recitation sections and office hours help.
Thanks!
If you read the books before the semester begins and sit near the front, you should be fine.
OK. Thanks for the advice. Now we all just have to wait for interview invites 😱
OK. Thanks for the advice. Now we all just have to wait for interview invites 😱
Waiting is by far the hardest part of the process.
Waiting is by far the hardest part of the process.
Yes it is! Luckily, we only have about 2 or 3 weeks left of waiting.
Guys, I called Nikki today to ask some questions and at the end asked when decisions would be made. She said that they should be sent out by the end of this week or early next week!!!!AHHHHH!
😱 ........okay freak out moment over but seriously this is exciting and nerve racking.
😱 ........okay freak out moment over but seriously this is exciting and nerve racking. Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Guys, I called Nikki today to ask some questions and at the end asked when decisions would be made. She said that they should be sent out by the end of this week or early next week!!!!AHHHHH!😱 ........okay freak out moment over but seriously this is exciting and nerve racking.
l0l this is what we all have been waiting for! I think they invite around 30 people to interview out of the 100 people invited to apply. Try not to be too anxious. Good luck!!!
The home stretch. Awesome! I feel like I just ran a marathon. Good luck, everybody.
Last edited:
Very kind words, p3rs3v3r3. I read in the 2013 OSU MD forum that final decisions are March 4th and March 5th. That may be the hold up.
Last edited: