-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Panic Thread
Started by punkedoutriffs
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Long time panicker, all done today. Remember guys, there's light at the end of the tunnel and "all you need is one".
Sent from my Nexus 10
Sent from my Nexus 10
Long time panicker, all done today. Remember guys, there's light at the end of the tunnel and "all you need is one".
Sent from my Nexus 10
This is why I stay on this thread man. Congrats.😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Long time panicker, all done today. Remember guys, there's light at the end of the tunnel and "all you need is one".
Sent from my Nexus 10
Where? Congrats!
Long time panicker, all done today. Remember guys, there's light at the end of the tunnel and "all you need is one".
Sent from my Nexus 10
I like seeing posts like this.

Thanks guys! NYMC. Needless to say, I'm now a big fan of MMI 👍
Sent from my Nexus 10
Sent from my Nexus 10
Was looking forward to this weekend, and then got an email from a school to check my status. I then spent 10 mins frantically trying to remember my pin/password.
All to see a rejection. I wish they emailed it! I didn't know decisions were sent out on weekends.
2 rejections in December, not starting well![]()
usually when they tell u to check your status it's a rejection.... That happened to me twice. Other insensitive ones just tell you you've been rejected straight out...
Lately I've been panicking about how I'm going to pay off my interview debt. Anyone else freaking out about credit cards?
I would sell my house if I got more interviews... So far my interviews are so scarce that it barely made a dent in my wallet.
7 MD interviews - 1 deferred decision 1 hold, 1 alternate list, 1 rejection, 3 silences (2 most likely slow rejections)
1 DO - still waiting for results
Still have 2 MD, 1 DO to go- one is in March, so I'm not holding out a lot of hope.
I'm probably going to wind up as that person who got enough interviews but no acceptances.
Is anyone else starting to just not care anymore? I rarely ever check my email anymore, and I just have no motivation to do anything, which is somewhat alarming since I have finals next week.😱 As someone said before, this must be what drugs must feel like.
1 DO - still waiting for results
Still have 2 MD, 1 DO to go- one is in March, so I'm not holding out a lot of hope.
I'm probably going to wind up as that person who got enough interviews but no acceptances.
Is anyone else starting to just not care anymore? I rarely ever check my email anymore, and I just have no motivation to do anything, which is somewhat alarming since I have finals next week.😱 As someone said before, this must be what drugs must feel like.
7 MD interviews - 1 deferred decision 1 hold, 1 alternate list, 1 rejection, 3 silences (2 most likely slow rejections)
1 DO - still waiting for results
Still have 2 MD, 1 DO to go- one is in March, so I'm not holding out a lot of hope.
I'm probably going to wind up as that person who got enough interviews but no acceptances.
Is anyone else starting to just not care anymore? I rarely ever check my email anymore, and I just have no motivation to do anything, which is somewhat alarming since I have finals next week.😱 As someone said before, this must be what drugs must feel like.
Yup I stopped caring a while ago. Right about the time I got my 9th ii and was more worried about paying for them than anything else. Luckily my first DO interview yielded and acceptance so I got to skip 3 interviews and save more than $1k. Unfortunately it took 6 MD interviews before I got an acceptance. And thanks to Sandy I basically paid $1500 for my trip to Boston.
Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile
usually when they tell u to check your status it's a rejection.... That happened to me twice. Other insensitive ones just tell you you've been rejected straight out...
I think I'd rather just get it in an email 😳
]
That seems unnecessary. "Just in case you didn't see the rejection, here it is again".
A school gave me a rejection via status update and then sent me a rejection email 2 weeks later. Re-sad. 🙄
I'm waiting for their snail mail rejection now.
That seems unnecessary. "Just in case you didn't see the rejection, here it is again".
D
deleted127837
I wish I hadn't "fallen for" this last school I interviewed at. Everything about them makes my heart jump now 🙁 it's gonna be huge whatever they decide...
I wish I hadn't "fallen for" this last school I interviewed at. Everything about them makes my heart jump now 🙁 it's gonna be huge whatever they decide...
I feel this way about BU. I've been accepted to an unranked school that I really like and would be very happy to matriculate to. However BU has a way better rep and is a better school and better city. The only problem is it costs about $25k more per year 🙁.
Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Long time panicker, all done today. Remember guys, there's light at the end of the tunnel and "all you need is one".
Sent from my Nexus 10
Isn't it just the greatest feeling? Congrats! And good luck to you fellow panickers!
Is this the last week that the schools will send out IIs before Christmas break? 😳
Yep I believe so! Next stop...January :-/
Been watching this thread for awhile, thought I'd officially join in. My primary was completed end July, secondaries in mid-August. DC resident, 32Q (unbalanced), 3.7, 3 years full-time healthcare experience + volunteer work locally and abroad.
Currently 3 rejections, 0 II, 2 small pools, 1 on hold, 11 silence. I did just get an acceptance for January start for UQ/Oschner, but I don't think I'm quite ready to call it quits on North America...
I wish some of these places would make up their minds. Ideally interviews, but the silence is really the killer, feels like a big tease 🙄
Currently 3 rejections, 0 II, 2 small pools, 1 on hold, 11 silence. I did just get an acceptance for January start for UQ/Oschner, but I don't think I'm quite ready to call it quits on North America...
I wish some of these places would make up their minds. Ideally interviews, but the silence is really the killer, feels like a big tease 🙄
I feel this way about BU. I've been accepted to an unranked school that I really like and would be very happy to matriculate to. However BU has a way better rep and is a better school and better city. The only problem is it costs about $25k more per year 🙁.
Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile
lol No lie. They are so expensive!
hmmmss i'm debating about it too... does anyone else know?If I know a school is my top choice is it too soon to send a letter of intent within a week after having interview?
still waiting on an acceptance. Damn, this is killing me.
And does anyone know if we can expect more interview invites in the next few months from schools that we still have yet to hear from?
+1
no ii from state schoollllsss + 2 rejections been complete since Sept D=
annnd waiting on a school that takes 8 weeks to decide after interview... i don't know if i can survive this 8 wks of pure torture...
annnd waiting on a school that takes 8 weeks to decide after interview... i don't know if i can survive this 8 wks of pure torture...
okay still waiting on a quite a few schools haven't heard much from them. Can anybody take see this line of logic?
verified 10/4
Complete mid to late october
Schools finally review my application. They be like, this guy was verified pretty late, he probably has no interview invites. They all send interview invites.
25+ schools
🙂
verified 10/4
Complete mid to late october
Schools finally review my application. They be like, this guy was verified pretty late, he probably has no interview invites. They all send interview invites.
25+ schools
🙂
okay still waiting on a quite a few schools haven't heard much from them. Can anybody take see this line of logic?
verified 10/4
Complete mid to late october
Schools finally review my application. They be like, this guy was verified pretty late, he probably has no interview invites. They all send interview invites.
25+ schools
🙂
Trust me you don't want that many.
Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile
okay still waiting on a quite a few schools haven't heard much from them. Can anybody take see this line of logic?
verified 10/4
Complete mid to late october
Schools finally review my application. They be like, this guy was verified pretty late, he probably has no interview invites. They all send interview invites.
25+ schools
🙂
That sounds super expensive in terms of travel expenses. But I guess can't really complain since they ARE interview invites.
D
deleted127837
Still waiting on an acceptance. Damn, this is killing me.
And does anyone know if we can expect more interview invites in the next few months from schools that we still have yet to hear from?
Yes, there will be invites over the next 10 weeks or so, though less invites every week.
anyone else dreading the holiday season because there won't be much activity?
I swear I only look forward to weekdays, no holidays, no weekends haha
In the mean time, what did you guys do to prep for your interviews? I have a Hofstra one coming up in January and I'm going to watch all their "make the hoftra med school" youtube videos, read there curriculem, read the med school interview book, the interview thread, and 1-2 healthcare books 😛
I swear I only look forward to weekdays, no holidays, no weekends haha
In the mean time, what did you guys do to prep for your interviews? I have a Hofstra one coming up in January and I'm going to watch all their "make the hoftra med school" youtube videos, read there curriculem, read the med school interview book, the interview thread, and 1-2 healthcare books 😛
anyone else dreading the holiday season because there won't be much activity?
I swear I only look forward to weekdays, no holidays, no weekends haha
In the mean time, what did you guys do to prep for your interviews? I have a Hofstra one coming up in January and I'm going to watch all their "make the hoftra med school" youtube videos, read there curriculem, read the med school interview book, the interview thread, and 1-2 healthcare books 😛
I read through the school-specific threads from this year and previous years to find some good info from current/past students, glanced at the interview feedback thread for a rough idea of what might be asked, searched the school's website for specific information I could talk about, and then let my natural swag take over, as my body was ready.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i swear i only look forward to weekdays, no holidays, no weekends haha
lol truth
In the mean time, what did you guys do to prep for your interviews? I have a Hofstra one coming up in January and I'm going to watch all their "make the hoftra med school" youtube videos, read there curriculem, read the med school interview book, the interview thread, and 1-2 healthcare books 😛
For Hofstra your time is better spent reflecting on your experiences and especially preparing specific examples of working in dysfunctional teams, situations that demonstrated your leadership and other formative experiences. Other than that it was pretty laid back. They're going to sell the curriculum to you pretty hard before your interview, so I found studying their materials didnt help me much. Check out the interview feedback section of SDN for specific questions, but I've found that my interviews have yielded better results when I was a little less prepared, I suspect because I didn't sound as "canned.' Mostly they're looking to gauge your thought proces, so its not so much what you say as the interaction itself. Also, definitely be prepared with why hofstra.
Thank you for the advice! Much appreciated, yeah I tend to more wing it anyways, but I'd like to know I did everything in my power to prepare and will definitely think up examples etc. Once again, much appreciated!
Thank you for the advice! Much appreciated, yeah I tend to more wing it anyways, but I'd like to know I did everything in my power to prepare and will definitely think up examples etc. Once again, much appreciated!
This song is dedicated to you brah. Give that interview everything you've got 👍
[YOUTUBE]B-n5BLmF3sc[/YOUTUBE]
This song is dedicated to you brah. Give that interview everything you've got 👍
[YOUTUBE]B-n5BLmF3sc[/YOUTUBE]
Lmao, yeah during the interview I'll be like "excuse me, but can I just play a song really quick" and I'll brush over to their computer and type this song on youtube and click play.
after, I'll be like "yeah just needed a pep-talk ya know?"
Thank you for the advice! Much appreciated, yeah I tend to more wing it anyways, but I'd like to know I did everything in my power to prepare and will definitely think up examples etc. Once again, much appreciated!
Good luck!
D
deleted127837
Lmao, yeah during the interview I'll be like "excuse me, but can I just play a song really quick" and I'll brush over to their computer and type this song on youtube and click play.
after, I'll be like "yeah just needed a pep-talk ya know?"
You got this!
well, tried to hold off on posting in this thread for as long as i could but going into christmas break i have a grand total of 3 rejections, 2 pre-interview holds, and 0 II with a 3.8/32, complete at almost all schools early/mid august. i know my application wasn't spectacular but i never thought at the beginning of this whole thing that 4 months in i would have 0 II. trying to stay positive, but man has this application cycle been rough for me.
Lmao, yeah during the interview I'll be like "excuse me, but can I just play a song really quick" and I'll brush over to their computer and type this song on youtube and click play.
after, I'll be like "yeah just needed a pep-talk ya know?"
Good luck! I'm pulling for you as a fellow late applicant 😀
well, tried to hold off on posting in this thread for as long as i could but going into christmas break i have a grand total of 3 rejections, 2 pre-interview holds, and 0 II with a 3.8/32, complete at almost all schools early/mid august. i know my application wasn't spectacular but i never thought at the beginning of this whole thing that 4 months in i would have 0 II. trying to stay positive, but man has this application cycle been rough for me.
Hey man chin up, your stats are good! I don't think you should completely worry until End of January, also, send LOI!
Good luck! I'm pulling for you as a fellow late applicant 😀
Thanks bud! Much appreciated, though my interview is more than 1 month away lol
I really liked Hofstra. Good luck nabilesmail 👍
well, tried to hold off on posting in this thread for as long as i could but going into christmas break i have a grand total of 3 rejections, 2 pre-interview holds, and 0 II with a 3.8/32, complete at almost all schools early/mid august. i know my application wasn't spectacular but i never thought at the beginning of this whole thing that 4 months in i would have 0 II. trying to stay positive, but man has this application cycle been rough for me.
How many schools did you apply to? I am willing to bet you get at least 1 interview if you didn't apply to top 25 schools for all your schools and applied to about 20 schools. Hoping you hear some good news soon.

D
deleted127837
Another day, another empty inbox
haha, well, not really. My pre-interviews favorite dropped the hammer today, but I've since fallen in love with someone else...:O
haha, well, not really. My pre-interviews favorite dropped the hammer today, but I've since fallen in love with someone else...:O Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted127837
well, tried to hold off on posting in this thread for as long as i could but going into christmas break i have a grand total of 3 rejections, 2 pre-interview holds, and 0 II with a 3.8/32, complete at almost all schools early/mid august. i know my application wasn't spectacular but i never thought at the beginning of this whole thing that 4 months in i would have 0 II. trying to stay positive, but man has this application cycle been rough for me.
Do you know what your app's weak point is? Usually it's a lack of clinical experience or something, your stats should be okay though...
Another day, another empty inboxhaha, well, not really. My pre-interviews favorite dropped the hammer today, but I've since fallen in love with someone else...:O
dropped the hammer in a bad way? sorry to hear if so. i'm still waiting on a school in which i interviewed a week and a half ago, if i get in i'll most likely go. i need some love...
good luck to u tho bearstronaut, i totally feel your another ...day another empty inbox comments.
Another day, another empty inboxhaha, well, not really. My pre-interviews favorite dropped the hammer today, but I've since fallen in love with someone else...:O
I feelz ya. It is strange how much our views of the schools change as this cycle moves. I wish my new love would love me back though....
Hey man chin up, your stats are good! I don't think you should completely worry until End of January, also, send LOI!
thanks! i did send a couple LOIs in november so hopefully that helps!
How many schools did you apply to? I am willing to bet you get at least 1 interview if you didn't apply to top 25 schools for all your schools and applied to about 20 schools. Hoping you hear some good news soon.![]()
i think i probably applied to more schools, especially lower tiered ones, but i definitely didn't apply to only top 25 schools. thanks, hoping for some good news soon too!
Do you know what your app's weak point is? Usually it's a lack of clinical experience or something, your stats should be okay though...
yeah i think the weakest point was lack of clinical experience, so i actually got a gig volunteering at my school's local hospital. updated my schools about it but might just be too late at this point for this cycle.
D
deleted127837
yeah i think the weakest point was lack of clinical experience, so i actually got a gig volunteering at my school's local hospital. updated my schools about it but might just be too late at this point for this cycle.
I think often it would be better for a person to get a year off and come back swinging than to get an 11th hour acceptance at a place they don't really want to go to. I hope everything ultimately works out for you, though 🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 89
- Views
- 13K
- Replies
- 30
- Views
- 7K