-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Panic Thread
Started by punkedoutriffs
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
waitlist 3/4 schools
2 are in-state
can anybody comment on how much movement Instate waitlists get?
Depends on the schools. Typically instate schools don't have too much waitlist due to cheaper tuition/close to home.
Depends on the schools. Typically instate schools don't have too much waitlist due to cheaper tuition/close to home.
top 1/3 EVMS and VCU
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No waitlists 😳 except for one other school that told me they will send out decisions starting from next month! I guess I have no reason for big time panic yet....
top 1/3 EVMS and VCU
I am on the EVMS top 1/3rd waitlist as well. From what I read, the school typically has good movement for both OOS and IS. OOS does have a better movement than IS due to the tuition difference. Not sure about VCU, try visiting last years thread to get more info.
Just got the decision on my state MD. Waitlist....my number is very high though, above the average number they take every year from it. It is still stressing me out beyond belief!!! I hate the waiting.
Just got the decision on my state MD. Waitlist....my number is very high though, above the average number they take every year from it. It is still stressing me out beyond belief!!! I hate the waiting.
GL. I find out next week. 😱
I am on the EVMS top 1/3rd waitlist as well. From what I read, the school typically has good movement for both OOS and IS. OOS does have a better movement than IS due to the tuition difference. Not sure about VCU, try visiting last years thread to get more info.
have you been accepted overall yet? are you also in the wailist purgatory?
GL. I find out next week. 😱
You too! This waitlist **** is the worst.
have you been accepted overall yet? are you also in the wailist purgatory?
Yep stuck in watilist purgatory with you guys. Worst waiting period of my life, makes the MCAT score waiting period feel like a piece of cake. Good luck!
now on 7 waitlists
now on 7 waitlists
Haha great username ;-)
Yep stuck in watilist purgatory with you guys. Worst waiting period of my life, makes the MCAT score waiting period feel like a piece of cake. Good luck!
Yeah...when I started this application process, I could not imagine anything worse than waiting for my MCAT scores. And then I had to wait for verification. And then I had to wait to be marked complete. And then I had to wait to hear back from schools. And then I had to hear back from interviews. And now I have to wait to hear back form waitlists.
Moral of the story? Waiting SUCKS.
now on 7 waitlists
Whoa!
now on 7 waitlists
Whoa!
The three interview rule is a lie. 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At least you guys have waitlist...I am still waiting for post interview decisions from 2 schools....I am going INSANE with all these med school stuff!
X
Last edited:
yep stuck in watilist purgatory with you guys. Worst waiting period of my life, makes the mcat score waiting period feel like a piece of cake. Good luck!
+1000
The three interview rule is a lie. 🙁
What is said rule? For every 3 II you can expect 1 acceptance?
What is said rule? For every 3 II you can expect 1 acceptance?
Pretty much.
Interviews three, a doctor you'll be.

What is said rule? For every 3 II you can expect 1 acceptance?
Yep. That is generally how it goes for most people.
What is said rule? For every 3 II you can expect 1 acceptance?
Lies, falsehoods, fantasies.
Lies, falsehoods, fantasies.
Fabrications of the imaginative minds.
Interviewed 4, 3 rejections and a low priority waitlist 🙂
I know I'm no longer allowed to post in this thread, so I'll tread lightly...
I just saw lots of 3 interviews/WL no acceptances and saying the rule of three no longer holds true.
two things...
1. The year isn't over, those WL (even low priority) may yet turn into acceptances. So you can't entirely count it out yet. It's statistically true, and for good reason. Waitlists haven't seen movement yet, so of course those of you still on them will be neurotic (I can relate). Just chill 🙂
2. I had 3ii and was accepted to my top. I just wanted to populate this string of nay-sayers (who may yet change their tune) to one positive example of "the rule." No need to make my panic'ers who weren't completely insecure fall down the hole even deeper.
This thread which was the panic thread, is now the WL thread--but will soon be the majorly accepted tread. Head up all.
I just saw lots of 3 interviews/WL no acceptances and saying the rule of three no longer holds true.
two things...
1. The year isn't over, those WL (even low priority) may yet turn into acceptances. So you can't entirely count it out yet. It's statistically true, and for good reason. Waitlists haven't seen movement yet, so of course those of you still on them will be neurotic (I can relate). Just chill 🙂
2. I had 3ii and was accepted to my top. I just wanted to populate this string of nay-sayers (who may yet change their tune) to one positive example of "the rule." No need to make my panic'ers who weren't completely insecure fall down the hole even deeper.
This thread which was the panic thread, is now the WL thread--but will soon be the majorly accepted tread. Head up all.
I know I'm no longer allowed to post in this thread, so I'll tread lightly...
I just saw lots of 3 interviews/WL no acceptances and saying the rule of three no longer holds true.
two things...
1. The year isn't over, those WL (even low priority) may yet turn into acceptances. So you can't entirely count it out yet. It's statistically true, and for good reason. Waitlists haven't seen movement yet, so of course those of you still on them will be neurotic (I can relate). Just chill 🙂
2. I had 3ii and was accepted to my top. I just wanted to populate this string of nay-sayers (who may yet change their tune) to one positive example of "the rule." No need to make my panic'ers who weren't completely insecure fall down the hole even deeper.
This thread which was the panic thread, is now the WL thread--but will soon be the majorly accepted tread. Head up all.
+1
This IS transforming into the wait list thread. I hate it....
+1
This IS transforming into the wait list thread. I hate it....
To think, half a year ago we were being neurotic over stuff like secondary pictures...🙄
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To think, half a year ago we were being neurotic over stuff like secondary pictures...🙄
The good old days. Now watch we'll get accepted and look back on this later on in training and laugh.
The good old days. Now watch we'll get accepted and look back on this later on in training and laugh.
Let us all read this thread on the night before match day. 🙂
Today is a big day for committee meetings. Good luck to all waiting!
Let us all read this thread on the night before match day. 🙂
I am already looking at some of my posts during MCAT time. Reading this stuff before match day will be interesting to say the least.
Today is a big day for committee meetings. Good luck to all waiting!
👍
What is said rule? For every 3 II you can expect 1 acceptance?
HAH! In that case I'll take my 2.33 acceptances right about now! 7 waitlists!
Today is a big day for committee meetings. Good luck to all waiting!
What's special about today?
What's special about today?
A lot of schools are meeting today. I'm waiting to hear back from Rosalind, which I know is meeting today
What's special about today?
I think these next two weeks in general are special since many schools will finalize final decisions in this time and create/look at waitlists starting next month or so.
A lot of schools are meeting today. I'm waiting to hear back from Rosalind, which I know is meeting today
Garsh, I hope I hear from them soon. I'm pretty sure they've forgotten about me since I was small pooled in Oct.
Rejected Post-Interview at the only school I have interviewed at so far ugh :/
2 more shots ;/
2 more shots ;/
Rejected Post-Interview at the only school I have interviewed at so far ugh :/
2 more shots ;/
Sorry to hear that. First one is usually rough, kill the next two.
Rejected Post-Interview at the only school I have interviewed at so far ugh :/
2 more shots ;/
Hang in there. I was also rejected from Hofstra today.
Interview invite! Guy said he was very impressed with what he saw, asked me a few questions about my background, and said he'd love for me to come in "for the position." 😕
I was very enthusiastic until I realized it was a job interview at a med school. Guy said he's never heard someone so excited for a job interview before. FML. I think I played it cool, and the position is awesome, but it's soured now,
I was very enthusiastic until I realized it was a job interview at a med school. Guy said he's never heard someone so excited for a job interview before. FML. I think I played it cool, and the position is awesome, but it's soured now,

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview invite! Guy said he was very impressed with what he saw, asked me a few questions about my background, and said he'd love for me to come in "for the position." 😕
I was very enthusiastic until I realized it was a job interview at a med school. Guy said he's never heard someone so excited for a job interview before. FML. I think I played it cool, and the position is awesome, but it's soured now,![]()
Hahaha, well that is still good news one way or the other.
Yeah, Lead Clinical Biostatistician. It's always tough, because, on the one hand, I want to move up "just in case." On the other hand, I don't want to screw over my employer by leaving in less than a year should the miracle of an acceptance (next year) happen.Hahaha, well that is still good news one way or the other.
Yeah, Lead Clinical Biostatistician. It's always tough, because, on the one hand, I want to move up "just in case." On the other hand, I don't want to screw over my employer by leaving in less than a year should the miracle of an acceptance (next year) happen.
True it is a tough situation. Did you accept the job already? Don't worry about screwing over the employer. Work hard during your time there and contribute effectively. If it does come to an acceptance, you can train someone to take your place before leaving so your employer won't have to start from scratch.
Haha, no, just an interview invite scheduled for Thursday. I always accept interviews to better decide, even if it's likely I'll turn down the offer (as is the case here because of the commute). Because, hey, you never know!True it is a tough situation. Did you accept the job already? Don't worry about screwing over the employer. Work hard during your time there and contribute effectively. If it does come to an acceptance, you can train someone to take your place before leaving so your employer won't have to start from scratch.
Haha, no, just an interview invite scheduled for Thursday. I always accept interviews to better decide, even if it's likely I'll turn down the offer (as is the case here because of the commute). Because, hey, you never know!
Ah, I see. Well good luck, hope you get good news.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 87
- Views
- 12K
- Replies
- 30
- Views
- 7K
