2012-2013 SUNY Buffalo Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gettheleadout

MD
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me when the secondary is available and I will update this.

Good luck to everyone applying! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Space reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me when the secondary is available and I will update this.

Good luck to everyone applying! :luck:
Gettheleadout, while I commend you for attempting to be a hero and create threads for each school, I felt I must correct you.. I have followed this year's threads but needed to create an account to inform you that Buffalo State does NOT have a medical school... It may be a good idea to do a little research if you're going to waste your time making threads without having received secondaries yet. Good attempt, though!

Yeah, should be SUNY Buffalo

One of my top choices :luck::xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, Buff State is Buffalo State College, not UB, which is SUNY Buffalo. SUNY Buffalo has a medical school. Buffalo State does not.

Gettheleadout, while I commend you for attempting to be a hero and create threads for each school, I felt I must correct you.. I have followed this year's threads but needed to create an account to inform you that Buffalo State does NOT have a medical school... It may be a good idea to do a little research if you're going to waste your time making threads without having received secondaries yet. Good attempt, though!
:rolleyes:

Creation and management of school-specific threads is a job we delegate amongst the mod staff.
Yeah, should be SUNY Buffalo

One of my top choices :luck::xf:

Yeah, Buff State is Buffalo State College, not UB, which is SUNY Buffalo. SUNY Buffalo has a medical school. Buffalo State does not.
Sorry guys, I used the AAMC's list of schools (http://services.aamc.org/memberlistings/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.search&search_type=MS) to make the threads and it does read "University at Buffalo State University of New York School of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences" which I must have inadvertently shortened to Buffalo State University.

I've corrected the thread title.

Way to be a jerk...

Anyway, for anyone in this medical school, how bad are the winters?

Way to be a jerk...

Anyway, for anyone in this medical school, how bad are the winters?

can't be much worse than binghampton's! Actually we had an unseasonably mild winter this past year..

can't be much worse than binghampton's! Actually we had an unseasonably mild winter this past year..

Binghamton's winters are awful. If SUNY Buffalo is worse, I might reconsider applying here.

Buffalo does get more snow than Binghamton. But Binghamton is colder

Syracuse is the worst :D

I will be applying here. I am a florida resident and I feel like I needed some thing a little colder with some snow. I hope they are out of state friendly and grant me an interview....

Oh you'll get snow all right, This is where my wife grew up. You'll wake up to 10 foot snow drifts from 10-15mph winds during a snowstorm in October! But you will be close to anchor bar, and only about a half hour to 45 minutes to canada/niagara falls which is a fun mini trip.

Oh you'll get snow all right, This is where my wife grew up. You'll wake up to 10 foot snow drifts from 10-15mph winds during a snowstorm in October! But you will be close to anchor bar, and only about a half hour to 45 minutes to canada/niagara falls which is a fun mini trip.

10 foot snow drifts...:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine says "invalid credentials" when trying to log in...

Is it still not quite ready, or just me?

Same here. Maybe they still need to validate our AAMC ID's or something.

same..just called them and they said they are having some computer issues but it will be back up in a couple of hours

i think the link is working now

It works now.

Wow, that was the shortest secondary ever...

Am I missing something or is that all there is to it? That was the first secondary I received so I don't know if all of them are like this

After paying the fee, is there any confirmation that the secondary is complete (beyond the payment receipt)?

Hey how many letters of recommendations should we submit to them? I looked on line to see what they require and I can't find it anywhere. Please let me know where I should be looking. :/

hey guys I'm applying here too and this is definitely one of my top choices! my secondary was sent to them on friday and my committee letter has already been sent to AMCAS... hopefully this whole applying early thing gives me that extra edge that I need. does anyone know when they start giving out interviews?

just submitted and have no LOR's in, hopefully it will go over OK though.

got my completion email today...hopefully the next one is for an interview invite :)

Regarding the research laboratory question- does clinical research count? I am not running gels in a lab. I work at the Hospital for Special Surgery and consent patients to be in studies and also attend surgeries to record intra-operative data. Should I answer this question yes? Or they not referring to clinical research?

THANKS!!!

i've read a lot they don't update that page as much so i'm going by the emails

Anyone else having issues at the log-in and getting "Invalid login credentials"?

Ok so my status page says Secondary Received, but that the Application Fee wasn't. I got the ePayment receipt via email though. Should I be worried?

nope! took them a couple days to process mine!

My letters were received 2 days ago at AMCAS. Application says fee paid, secondary recieved (over a week ago), but application still not complete. How long has it been taking for UB to mark your applications as fully complete?

It took them about a week for me! no worries!

I wish every secondary was like this. Also, I love really cold winters, so here's hoping for some love from Buffalo. :luck:

Status
Not open for further replies.