2012-2013 SUNY Buffalo Wait list Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just talked to Mr. Rosso and they have officially moved to the middle third today at 2:33pm, which is a day earlier than last year. Since they got through all of the middle third and some of bottom third last year, hopefully we'll hear good news soon.

Members don't see this ad.

Just talked to Mr. Rosso and they have officially moved to the middle third today at 2:33pm, which is a day earlier than last year. Since they got through all of the middle third and some of bottom third last year, hopefully we'll hear good news soon.

Nice! Thanks for the update! They also started moving the waitlist a week later this year compared to last year since interviews ended a week later this year. Hopefully this all adds up to mean good things...

Just got accepted this morning off of the wait list from the middle third. Super stoked.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks clot!

Here's an updated list:

:luck: Accepted off the Wait List!!!!! :luck:
Top Third
buffalodoc128's friend----A:4/2
Member1011290-----------A:4/18
parks---------------------------A:4/25, I:2/27
crinklyturtle-------------------A:5/2, I:
cdriscol------------------------A:5/6, I:12/12
Gsanto123-------------------A: 5/9. I: March
ClownTown1234-----------A: 5/9, I:1/16
fi2iend-------------------------A:5/13, I:2/6
pmont--------------------------A:5/14, I:3/6
botts22------------------------A: 5/14, I:
wolfchek----------------------A:5/15, I:3/20
m3d1c1ne-------------------A:5/17, I:1/2
sportsmeddoc--------------A: 5/20, I:2/13
m3d1c1ne's friend--------A: 5/20
ClotBuster------------------ A:5/2, I:10/17

Middle Third
Azarraga's friend----------A:4/1
Giantra Volta---------------A:4/24
m3d1c1ne's friend 2-----A: 5/21
Menemachus--------------A: 5/28

Bottom Third

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Waitlisted
Top Third

Middle Third
buffalodoc128-------------I: 11/21
sunnybuffalo---------------I: 2/13
akw42-----------------------I: 3/6
khorasanchi---------------I: 4/3
zab00maf00---------------I: 3/20 (moved up from bottom 3rd ~4/01)
Batman MD----------------I: 4/17
jojok--------------------------I: 4/17

Bottom Third
TheOddOne----------------I:4/3
dnovikov---------------------I:3/21

out of curiosity, for those of you who are accepted, how long did buffalo give you to decide?

I just got accepted this morning!! Super excited! Will be attending! :)

Here's an updated list:

:luck: Accepted off the Wait List!!!!! :luck:
Top Third

Middle Third
Jojok_______________A: 5/30 I: 4/17

Bottom Third

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Waitlisted
Top Third

Middle Third
zab00maf00---------------I: 3/20 (moved up from bottom 3rd ~4/01)
Batman MD----------------I: 4/17

Bottom Third

I was accepted from the middle third last week as well!

Nothing from this week yet then?

Doesn't seem like it... Maybe someone can call and ask how it's going/whether the movement is slowing down etc? I would do it myself but I probably call too often already...

Sorry for the delayed update. Got email yesterday (6/5) and accepted the offer today. Just want to quote one sentence seen somewhere: "Good things happen to people who wait." GOOD LUCK to EVERYONE here and see you in the fall!

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't posted in this thread yet but have been following. I'm in the middle 1/3 and REALLY hoping they get through it this year like in most past years.

Thanks for updating, everyone. Congratulations to those who get/got in and good luck to everyone!

Here's an updated list:

Accepted off the Wait List!!!!!
Top Third

Middle Third
Jojok_______________A: 5/30

Bottom Third

Currently Waitlisted
Top Third

Middle Third
zab00maf00----------------I: 3/20 (moved up from bottom 3rd ~4/01)
agerard1--------------------I: 4/17

Bottom Third

Last edited:
Got the acceptance email this morning, will definitely be attending! Good luck to those still waiting! When I called yesterday Mr. Rosso said there were still over 20 people holding multiple acceptances.

Top Third

Middle Third
akw42-----------------------A: 6/7 I: 3/6

Bottom Third

Currently Waitlisted
Top Third

Middle Third

Bottom Third

Congratulations and thanks for the encouraging news on kids holding multiples! Fingers crossed to see everyone in the fall!

Just accepted off the middle third wait list. Definitely attending!

Congrats 6679! Adding you to the list...

Top Third

Middle Third
6679-------------------------A: 6/13

Bottom Third

Currently Waitlisted
Top Third

Middle Third

Bottom Third

Last year on 5/31, Mr. Rosso sent out this e-mail to waitlisted candidates:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Wait List Candidate,

The Admissions Committee has finished its interviewing, and we have filled our Medical Class. This year we had an extremely competitive applicant pool. Our Wait List is a ranked list, and you have been placed officially on this list in the "middle third" according to the final score you received after your interview here. We are currently accepting candidates from the "middle third". The "upper third" of our wait list is gone!

On Monday, June 11th, we will begin filling an opening in our 2012 Freshman Medical Class only by a DIRECT PHONE CALL to the next candidate, and if "LIVE" contact is not made after using all your available phone nos., we must continue to proceed down the wait list to the next highest ranked candidate.

IT IS IMPERATIVE that you advise us in writing of all DAYTIME phone numbers (as many as you want to provide us - more the better) where you and your designees (parents, relatives, friends, neighbors, etc.) can be reached in person. We CANNOT leave ANY offer of acceptance on an answering machine or voice message system. If our phone call of acceptance is in the morning, you would have until 4:00 p.m. EDT to call us back with your FINAL decision. If our phone call is in the afternoon, you would have until 9:00 a.m. EDT the next morning to get back to us with your decision.

If you are accepted to another Medical School and NO LONGER wish to remain on our wait list, it would be courteous to advise us RIGHT AWAY. Candidates on Wait Lists would deeply appreciate it. Thank you for your time and understanding in this matter.

Sincerely,

James J. Rosso
Admissions Advisor
U. at Buffalo Medical School

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

did he send it this year as well? or was it only to middle-third candidates? My hopes are still up if the class isn't full..

Last year on 5/31, Mr. Rosso sent out this e-mail to waitlisted candidates:

The Admissions Committee has finished its interviewing, and we have filled our Medical Class. This year we had an extremely competitive applicant pool. Our Wait List is a ranked list, and you have been placed officially on this list in the "middle third" according to the final score you received after your interview here. We are currently accepting candidates from the "middle third". The "upper third" of our wait list is gone!

On Monday, June 11th, we will begin filling an opening in our 2012 Freshman Medical Class only by a DIRECT PHONE CALL to the next candidate, and if "LIVE" contact is not made after using all your available phone nos., we must continue to proceed down the wait list to the next highest ranked candidate.

IT IS IMPERATIVE that you advise us in writing of all DAYTIME phone numbers (as many as you want to provide us - more the better) where you and your designees (parents, relatives, friends, neighbors, etc.) can be reached in person. We CANNOT leave ANY offer of acceptance on an answering machine or voice message system. If our phone call of acceptance is in the morning, you would have until 4:00 p.m. EDT to call us back with your FINAL decision. If our phone call is in the afternoon, you would have until 9:00 a.m. EDT the next morning to get back to us with your decision.

If you are accepted to another Medical School and NO LONGER wish to remain on our wait list, it would be courteous to advise us RIGHT AWAY. Candidates on Wait Lists would deeply appreciate it. Thank you for your time and understanding in this matter.

Sincerely,

James J. Rosso
Admissions Advisor

did he send it this year as well? or was it only to middle-third candidates? My hopes are still up if the class isn't full..

When I last talked with Mr. Rosso (about a week and a half ago) he had said that they would start calling for acceptances starting on June twenty-something. I don't remember the exact date, June 23 maybe? So I'd lookout for an email regarding live contact sometime in the next week! Good luck! :luck:

got accepted off the middle third on 6/14, definitely will be attending.

is there a facebook page, i tried to search for it but couldnt find it. i'm out of country for a while and wont be back to set up looking for apartments until really late. will be looking for roommate/s

Accepted off the middle 1/3 today! Absolutely will be attending and can't wait to see everyone in the fall!

Top Third

Middle Third
buffalodoc128------------A: 6/17

Bottom Third

Currently Waitlisted
Top Third

Middle Third

Bottom Third

Has anyone ever asked Mr.Rosso if it's possible for them to tell us where we are within each tier? I am sure there is an internal ranking within each tier and I would be grateful to know where I am within the tier. Should I call and ask?

Has anyone ever asked Mr.Rosso if it's possible for them to tell us where we are within each tier? I am sure there is an internal ranking within each tier and I would be grateful to know where I am within the tier. Should I call and ask?
I've asked him a couple times before and he said that it's university policy that he cannot release our exact spot within our tier.

As of today, my estimate is about 15-20 spots left for this year's class (assuming everyone uses FB & that those in the FB group is set to attend, and discounting the 2nd years). Good luck to all!

As of today, my estimate is about 15-20 spots left for this year's class (assuming everyone uses FB & that those in the FB group is set to attend, and discounting the 2nd years). Good luck to all!
according to mr. rosso's email this week, the class is currently filled.

according to mr. rosso's email this week, the class is currently filled.

There was an e-mail sent? Are you in the middle third? I'm guessing the e-mail wasn't sent to us bottom thirds :(

I would also be curious to know what was said in the email, which I did not receive. Does anyone know where they are in the waitlist? Thanks.

Hi, Here is the email that I got the other day:

The Admissions Committee has finished its interviewing, and we have filled our Medical Class.

This year we had an extremely competitive applicant pool. Our Wait List is a ranked list, and you have been placed officially on this list in the "middle third" according to the final score you received after your interview here. We are currently accepting candidates from the "middle third". The "upper third" of our wait list is gone!

On Monday, June 24th, we will begin filling any/all openings in our 2013 Freshman Medical Class by DIRECT PHONE CALL to the next candidate, and if "LIVE" contact is not made after using all your available phone nos., we must continue to proceed down the wait list to the next highest ranked candidate.

IT IS IMPERATIVE that you advise us in writing of all DAYTIME phone numbers (as many as you want to provide us - more the better) where you and your designees (parents, relatives, friends, neighbors, etc.) can be reached in person. We CANNOT leave ANY offer of acceptance on an answering machine or voice message system. If our phone call of acceptance is in the morning, you would have until 4:00 p.m. EDT to call us back with your FINAL decision. If our phone call is in the afternoon, you would have until 9:00 a.m. EDT the next morning to get back to us.

If you are accepted to another Medical School and NO LONGER wish to remain on our wait list, it would be courteous to advise us RIGHT AWAY. Candidates on Wait Lists would deeply appreciate it.

Thank you for your time and understanding in this matter.

Sincerely,

James J. Rosso
Admissions Advisor

So basically, the only waitlist movement to expect from here on will only happen when one of the current students gets pulled off another waitlist and chooses to go elsewhere.

Any insight on the fact that this same letter was sent about 3 weeks later than last year?

Seems all around that it's a bad year for waitlists in general

Has anyone heard anything further since Mr. Rosso's email was sent? He indicated that waitlist movement this year was mirroring that of last year, but that doesn't seem to be the case currently.

Today I talked to Mr. Rosso and he said that the movement is now a bit behind last year's. But according to last year's thread, someone from the bottom third was accepted around the 3rd of next month, and someone was even accepted the day classes started. So you never know!

Received the acceptance call this morning, but withdrew. Good luck to all!

Updating list...

Top Third

Middle Third
buffalodoc128------------A: 6/17
khorasanchi---------------A: 6/28

Bottom Third

Currently Waitlisted
Top Third

Middle Third

Bottom Third

Anyone has called in the office recently about the WL movement?

I spoke to Mr. Rosso over a week ago, and he said that they had contacted everyone who had still been holding multiple acceptances. So, any movement now would only come from people who get in off of waitlists at other schools and withdraw from Buffalo. You might want to call, though, to see if there has been any movement since then. I'm not sure what he expects or can predict from previous years. If you hear anything further, please let us know. Thanks.

I recently called. To put what they said in vernacular, us waitlisters are doomed.

I recently called. To put what they said in vernacular, us waitlisters are doomed.

Yep. It seems like there aren't any bottom thirds getting in this year, let alone all the middle thirds. :(

Another sad summer for me..

Status
Not open for further replies.