2012-2013 SUNY Upstate Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so... anyone else around here waiting for october 15?

good luck to everyone else who's waiting for II or preparing for interviews!

Members don't see this ad.

so... anyone else around here waiting for october 15?

I am... But the admissions director told us during the interview day that they probably won't get to sending out decision letters until November because some members of the committee were away or something. I hope they won't be too late.

also waiting for Oct. 15th....is it me or these last couple of days are just too slow

Members don't see this ad :)
I am... But the admissions director told us during the interview day that they probably won't get to sending out decision letters until November because some members of the committee were away or something. I hope they won't be too late.

Yea, I heard the same thing during my interview. The head of admissions has gone on a trip to Disney with her kids.

Yea, I heard the same thing during my interview. The head of admissions has gone on a trip to Disney with her kids.

did they mean the first decisions are coming out in november or your decisions are likely to come out in november? because november seems a bit late...

did they mean the first decisions are coming out in november or your decisions are likely to come out in november? because november seems a bit late...

I interviewed on Oct 3rd. During this time the chair of admissions mentioned that she was leaving for a trip to Disney for 10 days with her kids. So, it will take some time for us to receive our disposition.

I interviewed on Oct 3rd. During this time the chair of admissions mentioned that she was leaving for a trip to Disney for 10 days with her kids. So, it will take some time for us to receive our disposition.

Haha. She really did say that. I would know because we interviewed on the same day. :D

I was in the 8:45 a.m. group.

Haha. She really did say that. I would know because we interviewed on the same day. :D

I was in the 8:45 a.m. group.
ah okay, I interviewed a bit earlier in september so hopefully i'll hear something on monday... good luck to both of you!

also waiting for Oct. 15th....is it me or these last couple of days are just too slow

haha yup... not just day, but the hours are going by quite slow too

Hi

I scheduled an interview a while back for oct 24, and checked a few times for accomodation info, etc. today I went in banner web to check again to see if I booked the right hotel, but all the interview info is gone. All I see now is just fall 2012 application ... I'm sort of worried that I missed a confirmation deadline or other stuff I had to do before interview? I know we have to submit photo, but that only has to be done a week prior rite? Is it just a glitch of the website or they somehow cancelled my interview?

thanks,

Hi

I scheduled an interview a while back for oct 24, and checked a few times for accomodation info, etc. today I went in banner web to check again to see if I booked the right hotel, but all the interview info is gone. All I see now is just fall 2012 application ... I'm sort of worried that I missed a confirmation deadline or other stuff I had to do before interview? I know we have to submit photo, but that only has to be done a week prior rite? Is it just a glitch of the website or they somehow cancelled my interview?

thanks,

+1 Scheduled for 10/31. Hoping this is a glitch

Members don't see this ad :)
Does Upstate send an email regarding decisions, or is it via snail mail? Forgot to ask this during my interview day :/

For those of you who have interviewed:

Where did you stay?
Hearing from others who've stayed in other situations, which would you recommend?

The options are:

1. M1/M2 host
2. Geneva tower (new housing, interviewees room together, 4 to a suite)
3. Hotel

Thanks!

Accepted!!! Just got the email. Interviewed 9/12 as well! What a great day

First acceptance!!!! Interviewed 9/5. I had a bad dream last night that I got waitlisted here with their reason being that the photograph that I submitted of myself was a forgery (whatever that means).

Hold. This one hurts a lot too bc of how much I liked it and how good I felt about my MMIs. Gotta move past it tho.... Still a long cycle

Accepted!!! Just got the email. Interviewed 9/12 as well! What a great day
Accepted also. :)

I interviewed 9/12 as well.

Congrats to all the people with acceptances, and to those still waiting or who did not get in, stay strong, I wish you guys the best of luck.

Edit: Awesome to see we both made it! =D

Last edited:
Hold. This one hurts a lot too bc of how much I liked it and how good I felt about my MMIs. Gotta move past it tho.... Still a long cycle

HPA here, I feel the same way. I had a really good feeling about everything too, early interview, MMI's went as well as I could've expected. It stings, especially since this is my second year applying and I really thought I could finally exhale. But agreed, gotta move past it. Good luck in the rest of your cycle!

HPA here, I feel the same way. I had a really good feeling about everything too, early interview, MMI's went as well as I could've expected. It stings, especially since this is my second year applying and I really thought I could finally exhale. But agreed, gotta move past it. Good luck in the rest of your cycle!

Thanks man. Good luck to you too. HPA still means you have a good chance. Keep your head up

ACCEPTED via email! I'm SO excited about this school and can't wait for second look day. For anyone that's been put on the HPA list.. I hear there's generally alot of movement, so stay positive! Best of luck to everyone applying! I'm rooting for you all. :luck:

put on hold :(...congrats to acceptances and HPA....what were your stats if you don't mind?

first acceptance also! :D what a relief!

congrats to all, good luck to all interviewing and on hold - your time will come. really liked this school!

ACCEPTED via email! I'm SO excited about this school and can't wait for second look day. For anyone that's been put on the HPA list.. I hear there's generally alot of movement, so stay positive! Best of luck to everyone applying! I'm rooting for you all. :luck:
Are the MMI's conversational? or just straight up you talking for 5 minutes?

Are the MMI's conversational? or just straight up you talking for 5 minutes?

I was afraid of it being me talking for 5 minutes straight, but the interviewers are actually really engaging! They'll explain it to you, but if you run short on time, they'll either follow up with questions or you'll be done (which isn't a big deal since I finished early on most questions). Just be yourself and you'll do great! :luck:

What does HPA mean?
HPA means high priority alternative. Getting this decision is not a bad thing at all. There has been good movement on this list in the past years and you have a good chance of getting an acceptance from the HPA list.

Yup, I am. Anyone know if this school ever takes people off pre-interview hold? Or is it pretty much rejection?

I emailed them an in-the-area/status update about a week ago and they replied that they would not re-review pre-interview hold applicants until Dec. 1 (the deadline)

I remember her saying that we should expect decisions in 3 weeks. So I'm expecting something starting mid-next week.

I remember her saying that we should expect decisions in 3 weeks. So I'm expecting something starting mid-next week.

Do they also email you regardless of an acceptance or rejection, or do they only email if you are accepted or HPA or hold and mail letters for rejections?

I don't remember getting that information.

Have there been any rural medical scholar applicants that have been accepted yet? and/or anyone who interviewed on 09/26? Congrats to all those who have been accepted already!! :)

Have there been any rural medical scholar applicants that have been accepted yet? and/or anyone who interviewed on 09/26? Congrats to all those who have been accepted already!! :)

I was accepted today - interviewed on 9/19 - MMI and RMSP. The e-mail didn't say anything about being accepted to RMSP but I'm assuming I'm accepted to that too - don't see any reason why I wouldn't be, I suppose.

I emailed them an in-the-area/status update about a week ago and they replied that they would not re-review pre-interview hold applicants until Dec. 1 (the deadline)
I'm in the same boat...no updates yet, I'm just going to try to put it out of my mind until December...

Does anyone know the special rates at the hotels Upstate suggests staying at?

wondering how damning a pre-interview hold is . . . sigh . . . I swear, I thought waiting for my MCAT scores was horrible, but waiting for just one school to decide that I am fit to become a doctor is way worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.