2012-2013 Texas Tech - Lubbock Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But for Texas schools, they can still offer you a spot from their wait list up until June 1 even if you already have a seat elsewhere, correct? If you accepted the new spot, you would just lose your deposit at the first school..?

This is very common. As you know, you can't hold more than one seat at a time after May 15. Here's how it works: you have your deposit holding your seat (say at Tech), then another school lets you in (let's say UCLA). UCLA gives you a week or two to decide before you need to tell them yes or no. Technically, you aren't considered to have two seats until you actually pay the deposit to hold the UCLA seat. So before the two weeks are up, you either pay the deposit at UCLA or you tell them no thanks. If you decide to accept the seat at UCLA, you drop the Tech seat and pay the deposit on the UCLA seat at the same time. If you want to keep the Tech seat, you just tell UCLA no and don't need to tell Tech anything because they always assumed you were going there.

Since it's after May 15, you generally wouldn't get your deposit back at Tech so you'd be out their deposit but you get to go to the school you want.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have more info on the waitlist movement? Is it still moving or has it stopped?

But for Texas schools, they can still offer you a spot from their wait list up until June 1 even if you already have a seat elsewhere, correct? If you accepted the new spot, you would just lose your deposit at the first school..?

I was hoping someone else could chime in because I am not super familiar with TMDSAS rules:oops:. Based on this page https://www.utsystem.edu/tmdsas/medical/acceptance_Match_info.html I believe that you can still be offered a spot off the wait list after June 1 as long as you don't already have an acceptance at another Texas med school. If you already have an acceptance at one TX med school, then I believe your wait list position is effectively terminated on June 1 because the other school can't accept you. So in your situation (with an acceptance at Tech), my understanding is that your other waitlists at TX schools would end June 1.

You can still be accepted off the waitlist at a non-TX school though (theoretically until you start orientation)

Not sure about the deposit situation though...

Relevant quote
After June 1, no medical school in Texas may offer a position to an applicant already accepted by another medical school in Texas. This is the result of an agreement between the four UT System Medical schools, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine, and University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth College of Osteopathic Medicine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not much talk in here lately... Doesn't seem to be much more movement off the waitlist. Still have my fingers crossed!!

Not much talk in here lately... Doesn't seem to be much more movement off the waitlist. Still have my fingers crossed!!

Meee too! Apps are in for the upcoming cycle but I still really want to get started this fall. I called on Tuesday and the girl said that they expect more movement, they just can't say for sure when it will be.

hey! does anyone know whether the OOS waitlist has been moving?

hey! does anyone know whether the OOS waitlist has been moving?

I just called lol, she said they have no information to give out right now :(

Status
Not open for further replies.