-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Vanderbilt University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Interview Invite this morning too. Submitted secondary around 8/20
Was it an email? Or snail mail?
Interview Invite this morning too. Submitted secondary around 8/20
When were your letters received, if you remember.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was it an email? Or snail mail?
Notification by email- not sure when letters were officially in.
Technically since more people will have interviewed by that time, you slightly decrease your chances, but they won't even make a decision on anyone until the 19th so it may not change them at all. Basically, I wouldn't sweat it. Go when it is most convenient.Would I be at a disadvantage scheduling my interview for Oct. 15? This date would be the most convenient for me, but I don't want to decrease my chances at such an amazing school
II today as well! Anyone have any tips/suggestions specific to the Vanderbilt interview? This includes good places to eat! 😀
SameII this morning
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Starfox reference. But no, it's still early on I think, right? Optimism! 🙂
Starfox reference. But no, it's still early on I think, right? Optimism! 🙂
Would I be at a disadvantage scheduling my interview for Oct. 15? This date would be the most convenient for me, but I don't want to decrease my chances at such an amazing school
Won't really make any difference.
I got a secondary this morning. 35/3.65sGPA OOS
i got a secondary this morning. 35/3.65sgpa oos
+1
>gpa
<mcat
oos urm
+1
>gpa
<mcat
oos urm
I got all checks today for letters. this can only mean good things!
I got all checks today for letters. this can only mean good things!
When did you submit your secondary?
When did you submit your secondary?
august 24th, if i remember correctly...it was my last secondary.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you! Can't wait for my Vandy interview! 😍
Kind of surprised that they assign interviewers so quickly.
Kind of surprised that they assign interviewers so quickly.
Won't really make any difference.
II today as well! Anyone have any tips/suggestions specific to the Vanderbilt interview? This includes good places to eat! 😀
Good places to eat? There are lots of those here in Nashville! Unless you have a car, it will be hard to get to any too far from campus or your student host's apartment. Here's a few recommendations:
Hillsboro Village (this is the SE corner of campus and where many students live)
Cheaper options:
Fido (cafe-like fare, all made fresh and to order)
Provence (cafe fare)
Pizza Perfect (pizza, duh)
Upscale options:
Boscos (american, great beer made in house)
Jacksons (steakhouse)
Cabana (upscale Southern)
West End (west side of campus, another popular area for students to live)
Cheaper options:
Rotier's Restaurant (burgers, other american)
Mid-tier price:
Bombay Palace (indian)
Maggiano's (Italian)
I got a secondary this morning. 35/3.65sGPA OOS
When did you receive the email stating that Vanderbilt received your AMCAS application...?
are you supposed to get an email that said they have received your AMCAS app? I had mine verified a few days ago but didn't hear anything from them yet.
yes, it took about 5 days from AMCAS verification for me to receive notification. So, give it a couple more days.
Good places to eat? There are lots of those here in Nashville! Unless you have a car, it will be hard to get to any too far from campus or your student host's apartment. Here's a few recommendations:
Hillsboro Village (this is the SE corner of campus and where many students live)
Cheaper options:
Fido (cafe-like fare, all made fresh and to order)
Provence (cafe fare)
Pizza Perfect (pizza, duh)
Upscale options:
Boscos (american, great beer made in house)
Jacksons (steakhouse)
Cabana (upscale Southern)
West End (west side of campus, another popular area for students to live)
Cheaper options:
Rotier's Restaurant (burgers, other american)
Mid-tier price:
Bombay Palace (indian)
Maggiano's (Italian)
Also, if you like fried chicken...http://www.mcdougalschicken.com/
Walking 2 blocks from the hospital.
yes, it took about 5 days from AMCAS verification for me to receive notification. So, give it a couple more days.
just wondering... if I haven't yet received a secondary and was verified early august - should I cross this one off the list?
just wondering... if I haven't yet received a secondary and was verified early august - should I cross this one off the list?
I got the "AMCAS recieved" e-mail in early July and didn't receive the secondary until the end of August (the 29th I believe). So, don't lose hope yet! I had pretty much crossed it off my list when it popped up in my inbox.
Good places to eat? There are lots of those here in Nashville! Unless you have a car, it will be hard to get to any too far from campus or your student host's apartment. Here's a few recommendations:
Hillsboro Village (this is the SE corner of campus and where many students live)
Cheaper options:
Fido (cafe-like fare, all made fresh and to order)
Provence (cafe fare)
Pizza Perfect (pizza, duh)
Upscale options:
Boscos (american, great beer made in house)
Jacksons (steakhouse)
Cabana (upscale Southern)
West End (west side of campus, another popular area for students to live)
Cheaper options:
Rotier's Restaurant (burgers, other american)
Mid-tier price:
Bombay Palace (indian)
Maggiano's (Italian)
Nothing more needs to be said. I love any place with microbrews. Thanks!
Nothing more needs to be said. I love any place with microbrews. Thanks!
http://boscosbeer.com/honors/honors.htm
I will definitely be trying the Hefeweizen and the IPA. Thanks! Jeez, as if I needed anything else to get me excited about my interview haha.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will definitely be trying the Hefeweizen and the IPA. Thanks! Jeez, as if I needed anything else to get me excited about my interview haha.
Have a couple before the interview to take the edge off. 😉
When did you receive the email stating that Vanderbilt received your AMCAS application...?
August 7th.
pre or post secondary?
I was FaceTimed by my parents with a letter from Vandy. Rejected 🙁
I felt like I was just dumped, haha. Good luck to everyone
Just took a look at your blog. You've got a really interesting story! Thanks for your service, and good luck with the rest of the schools you applied to!
Last edited:
pre or post secondary?
Pre-secondary
Just took a look at your blog. You've got a really interesting story! Thanks for your service, and good with the rest of the schools you applied to!
Thanks for your support, and thank you for taking the time to read some of it. It has been therapeutic to write about my experiences there, but I have yet to post any of it. I plan on uploading a lot more, and hopefully my writing will connect with someone.
I wish you the best as well!
Bound'ry (menu: http://boundryrestaurant.com/menu/dining-room) and Virago (menu: http://mstreetnashville.com/sites/default/files/Virago%20-%20Late%20Summer%20II%202012.pdf) are excellent too.
Edit: Mojo Grill has great cajun food on the cheap.
Edit: Can't forget Sunset Grill (menu: http://www.sunsetgrill.com/menus/dinner.pdf)
Edit: Mojo Grill has great cajun food on the cheap.
Edit: Can't forget Sunset Grill (menu: http://www.sunsetgrill.com/menus/dinner.pdf)
Good places to eat? There are lots of those here in Nashville! Unless you have a car, it will be hard to get to any too far from campus or your student host's apartment. Here's a few recommendations:
Hillsboro Village (this is the SE corner of campus and where many students live)
Cheaper options:
Fido (cafe-like fare, all made fresh and to order)
Provence (cafe fare)
Pizza Perfect (pizza, duh)
Upscale options:
Boscos (american, great beer made in house)
Jacksons (steakhouse)
Cabana (upscale Southern)
West End (west side of campus, another popular area for students to live)
Cheaper options:
Rotier's Restaurant (burgers, other american)
Mid-tier price:
Bombay Palace (indian)
Maggiano's (Italian)
Last edited:
I submitted my secondary on September 3rd and it says that my letters still haven't been scanned into the system on my app status page. Is this normal?
I submitted my secondary on September 3rd and it says that my letters still haven't been scanned into the system on my app status page. Is this normal?
Yah, I submitted my secondary on August 31st and I'm waiting too. They take a while to load your letters.
How long do secondaries/pre-secondary rejections take to come, on average, for Vanderbilt? I haven't been waiting long but, from what I have seen here, it looks like a decent amount of time...
I submitted mine September 1 and still LOR are not marked as received. At least I am in good company
Vanderbilt publishes their match results which can be seen here: https://medschool.vanderbilt.edu/events/match-day
Disclaimer: Interpreting a match list can be very tricky
Disclaimer: Interpreting a match list can be very tricky
Quick question about Curriculum 2.0 - is it still H/P/F?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Quick question about Curriculum 2.0 - is it still H/P/F?
No, one year pre-clinical which will be P/F. I think there is a P* though which is a marginal pass but it's still very different from H/P/F.
Source: Interview day
No, one year pre-clinical which will be P/F. I think there is a P* though which is a marginal pass but it's still very different from H/P/F.
Source: Interview day
Exactly what I was hoping to hear - thanks!
Anyone know the length of time it takes to receive a secondary? I just submitted vanderbilt into my primary last night and was wondering when I should expect a sec. :]
Anyone know the length of time it takes to receive a secondary? I just submitted vanderbilt into my primary last night and was wondering when I should expect a sec. :]
My primary was verified 8/4 and I received a secondary 8/29. Good luck!
Thanks, you as well!
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K