2012-2013 Vanderbilt University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just called admissions...they said there is nothing more to do besides withdrawing from all other schools.

Can't wait to meet all my future classmates!!

Members don't see this ad.

While the admissions office will assume your intention to matriculate if you withdraw from all other schools, it is good to email them as Hail2theThief has said. This is a great opportunity to remind Dean Zic and the Committee how excited you are to come to Vanderbilt and remind them why they chose you over thousands of other students.

This is ridiculous reasoning. You send in an email as courtesy. You don't have to spend your time reassuring the adcom that they didn't screw up. Also, it would be hundreds, not thousands, of other students.

This idea of personal exceptionalism is far too rampant on SDN.

I'm very much looking forward to officially joining the Vanderbilt c/o 2017 this summer. Thank you to all those on this thread that provided assistance and support, and I look forward to meeting many of you so very soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm very much looking forward to officially joining the Vanderbilt c/o 2017 this summer. Thank you to all those on this thread that provided assistance and support, and I look forward to meeting many of you so very soon!

I second this, every day that passes I get a little more excited/nervous :)

This is ridiculous reasoning. You send in an email as courtesy. You don't have to spend your time reassuring the adcom that they didn't screw up. Also, it would be hundreds, not thousands, of other students.

This idea of personal exceptionalism is far too rampant on SDN.

"AMERICUUUHH F*** YEAH!!! terrorists your game is through, now you have to answer to..."

(100% agree)

anyone know if the class is filled or if we can anticipate open spots?

anyone know if the class is filled or if we can anticipate open spots?

Class is filled but there will probably still be some waitlist movement. If I had to guess, I don't think there will be that much. A large number of people held their spots past May 15th.

Last edited:
what do first year students do in their free time generally, and how receptive are faculty to student researchers? thanks

what do first year students do in their free time generally, and how receptive are faculty to student researchers? thanks

If you guys haven't seen this yet, you should take a look.

You'll get the actual (updated for Class of 2017) book when you get here as well.

The Paddle
Guide for Vanderbilt Medical Students

https://medschool.vanderbilt.edu/the-paddle/

As for research, it's everywhere and you just have to find a project that you like and fits your time allotments.

Class if filled but there will probably still be some waitlist movement. If I had to guess, I don't think there will be that much. A large number of people held their spots past May 15th.

(that's mostly because SLW kicked a fairly large amount of butt)

Did anybody hear about awards of the full-tuition Canby Robinson scholarships? I assume they've all gone out at this point...

Has anyone started looking for housing yet? What areas are you guys looking in?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know anything about when school starts other than knowing that orientation is July 17th? Should we expect some stuff in the mail soon?

talked to Dr. Zic today - class is indeed full, and apparently they have not even tapped into the waitlist yet.

hopefully this changes, for those of us on the waitlist.. :cry:

are there unmatched seniors at Vanderbilt??

Going this week to find an apartment. Anyone who's recently looked, do you have any information to share about what's available? Where do most med students live? Would like to be within walking distance to class. Any advice and insights appreciated. Thanks!

Going this week to find an apartment. Anyone who's recently looked, do you have any information to share about what's available? Where do most med students live? Would like to be within walking distance to class. Any advice and insights appreciated. Thanks!

Was down recently to apartment hunt myself! There are a number of areas you could focus your search. For walking distance, that means Hillsboro Village (south of campus), the West End area (predictably, west of campus) and maybe a bit of Music Row (slight northeast of the medical center complex). You'll find a bunch of listings on Craigslist, Padmapper, etc., and there are a handful of managed apartment complexes in walking distance. PM me if you'd like the resources I used - I'm all set and don't need them anymore.

Hello-
I am currently a student at Meharry Medical College. I am looking for a housemate for about $200. That person will have own room and such. Does Vanderbilt have a facebook page for the class of 2017? Or a way I can put the word out there? I know that you guys will be starting next week, but I would like to put it out there just in case there is anyone who is late in the acceptance and such.:)

PM me! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.