2013-2014 Re-applicants who were accepted thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chillaxbro

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need some inspiration

Members don't see this ad.

You want people from this cycle?

I'm a fourth year med student. There are at least three people in my class, myself included, who were reapplicants and had a successful second cycle.

You want people from this cycle?

I'm a fourth year med student. There are at least three people in my class, myself included, who were reapplicants and had a successful second cycle.

Everyone is welcome :cool:

Considering only 45% of people get in the first time, you would think more than 3 people in a class would be re-applicants. Do the other 55% of people just never get in? :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)

Considering only 45% of people get in the first time, you would think more than 3 people in a class would be re-applicants. Do the other 55% of people just never get in? :scared:

I've heard that about half of the people who don't get in the first time around give up and don't reapply. I've met a ton of reapplicants on the interview trail who made it, so hang in there, Chillax!

I've heard that about half of the people who don't get in the first time around give up and don't reapply. I've met a ton of reapplicants on the interview trail who made it, so hang in there, Chillax!

I've come across a lot of people, old and young, who applied once and gave up, even with a strong app. I was, and still am, quite surprised at the number of people who give up so easily. For whatever reason 80-90% of matriculants at my state school are re-applicants, so in some cases I'd like to think it plays in your favor.

There may be more, but those are the ones I specifically remember talking to about it.