2013 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

andgelyo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all! I applied to only 2 schools( 3 technically) and was rejected from my number one choice school, which was Kean University. The other being Seton Hall, which i have yet to hear a response yet. My third application ( Ithica) was voided for incompletion of GREs , as i was unaware that Ithica required them. I am strongly considering reapplying next year, and strengthening my weaknesses for my application. I plan to work as a rehab aid for a year to gather experience in the field, and finally take the GREs to expand my horizons out of the NJ area. I was foolish to apply without GREs this year considering the growing and fierce competition of the applicant pool. Anyways, what are your plans if you do not get in this year? I thought about working for a year, and I am completely open to it since i am still relatively young. Occupational therapy is something i am very passionate about and will continue to pursue a career in, because it is my dream job.

Members don't see this ad.

Oh and here are my stats:

Current undergrad GPA( accumulative):3.45

Current prerequisite GPA: 3.7

Settings observed: Rehab center( 60hrs), hand therapy clinic( 24hrs), hospital setting( 4hrs), low vision clinic (4hrs), home care (6hrs), Psychiatric Rehab center (20hrs). Total: 118 hours of observation/volunteering, with 6 different settings. I also intend to observe at a school setting( pediatrics) over break, so a possible 7 settings.

Extracurricular activities: Director of Public Relations of Asian Culture Club( 2009-2010), member of Association of Latin American Students(2009-2010), member of Student Organization Public Advertising Committee( 2010-2011), member of Filipinos Uniting Nation at Kean( 2011-present), and member/Public Relations committee member of Students of Occupational Therapy Association( 2010-present).

Awards: Dean's list ( spring '10), Dean's list( fall '10), Dean's list (spring '11), Dean's list( fall'12)
Graduating cum laude this semester in BA Psychology

hey! you have great stats and a lot of diversity in your application - which i know SHU will love. i took a year off before applying for school and now i am a first year student at SHU in their OT program. i worked for a year and took a few classes to to pick up my GPA. my stats are very similar to yours from undergrad. good luck! you should be hearing from SHU any day now!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh man, i hope it's a phone call! I hear that they call first for people who are accepted. If not, then oh well. Gotta try harder next time :) Speedy did you work as a rehab aid?

I did not. I worked in corporate business. Yes you will receive a call from the Dean of the school. Good luck!

Just got my phone call two days ago! See you at Seton Hall speedy! :D

Congrats!! I bet you are excited. :)

Thank you all! Hope everyone is having a wonderful semester, and doing well on finals! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone at seton hall