2014-15 Anesthesiology Applications & Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks but wait. Penn Pitt CCF mayo BIDMC. MGH didn't like my grades, and I literally got nothing south of philly, although I'm not sure how many southern programs I applied to. Some of it is regional and some regional preference.

Oh and I did get over 250 on step 2 so....regardless, whole package.

Believe it or not I actually applied to zero of those programs. So I can tell you if you were a whole package or not.

Members don't see this ad.

so sent a "number one" email but haven't gotten a response for 4 days... anything to worry about...?

Reactions: 1 user
I wrote one and didn't get a response. I wouldn't worry about it. I feel like most programs don't respond.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
2 paragraphs. Short Enough so they won't get bored.

Two paragraphs is not short. One short mini paragraph is good enough. Just put yourself in PDs shoes. They get hundreds of emails a day. They don't have time to read essays. Just make sure they can see the #1 and its fine.

Two paragraphs is not short. One short mini paragraph is good enough. Just put yourself in PDs shoes. They get hundreds of emails a day. They don't have time to read essays. Just make sure they can see the #1 and its fine.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

Did someone mess with the Google Doc or did all those programs actually make calls to applicants?

Did someone mess with the Google Doc or did all those programs actually make calls to applicants?

seems like someone's trolling, couple of those programs definitely said they don't call and some only send emails. So don't worry about it.

Seems like a lot of peeps got phone calls from the assistant PD at UPMC. I didn't. Disappointing and slightly insulting.

JW, but has anyone heard from MGH or UCSF (I know their slots are empty on the google doc)?

Members don't see this ad :)
Also interested if any one has heard anything from Stanford. I'm not sure if they'll make my top 3, but they are/were notorious in previous years for aggressively contacting interviewees with residents even mentioning emails/calls they received.

wondering the same thing about hopkins? anybody hear from them other than them just replying to your emails?

anyone else get an email from the PD at Loma Linda today? Seems generic, but not sure.

Also interested if any one has heard anything from Stanford. I'm not sure if they'll make my top 3, but they are/were notorious in previous years for aggressively contacting interviewees with residents even mentioning emails/calls they received.

If it means anything, I interviewed at Stanford back in early November and I received follow-up email from a resident a few weeks after. Haven't heard from Stanford since.

so sent a "number one" email but haven't gotten a response for 4 days... anything to worry about...?

Don't worry about it. I wrote an email to my #1 program about 2-3wks prior to the ROL due date and never got a response. After 4wks of hand-wringing I matched at my top choice.

My (unsolicited) advice? Submit your list now, crack open a beer, and enjoy the rest of 4th year. It's the calmest your life is going to be for at least the next 6+ years :).

Reactions: 4 users
Annnd boom goes the dynamite. Matched sucka.

Matched, now I just need to find out where. East Coast? West Coast?

Reactions: 1 users
Matched! Today was the big day for me since I'm currently an intern switching specialties and applied very late so only had time to apply/interview at my two home anes programs. Good luck to everyone this week and enjoy 4th year for those of us who aren't so lucky! Ha.

Excited to join you guys in anesthesia!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
How is the SOAP process coming along for unfilled anesthesiology positions? Any calls/emails yet?

Today's the day! Good luck everyone, hope you all get matches you are happy with!

Those who matched at Vandy last year, what kind of post interview communication did you get?