You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 George Washington University DPT Application Thread
Started by qurpt1
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone heard back from the 11.21 interview if they got in or not?
I have not heard.
I'm applying to GW but i got their confirmation email on 11/26 because i submitted it late thinking they didn't have rolling admission. sigh big mistake. i wonder what my chances are of getting in
I'm applying to GW but i got their confirmation email on 11/26 because i submitted it late thinking they didn't have rolling admission. sigh big mistake. i wonder what my chances are of getting in
I would advise emailing them and saying you have great interest in their school and why and that you hope to hear from them soon! May not help, but couldn't hurt. In my experience, they have all been really nice. I'm declining my offer so I hope that will help your chances. 🙂
Has anyone heard back from the 11.21 interview if they got in or not?
Any news?
I heard back a few days ago that I got in but they only gave me 2 weeks to decide if I want to accept the offer or not. Is this short time frame normal? I'm stressed about deciding when I'm waiting to hear back from everywhere else
I'm not really sure. I've heard some places that have a two-week timeframe (I believe Temple is this way) and others that have a month (Thomas Jefferson) or even until April (Drexel). When I was originally looking at schools, the TJ adviser told me if you get accepted and need an extension, they'll give you an extra week or two. I'm not sure that everywhere will offer this, but it may be worth asking!
2 weeks?! how much is GW's deposit?
I heard back a few days ago that I got in but they only gave me 2 weeks to decide if I want to accept the offer or not. Is this short time frame normal? I'm stressed about deciding when I'm waiting to hear back from everywhere else
Well congrats on your acceptance! That IS a short time frame. Here's to hoping you hear back from a few schools within the next week or so. Good luck with your decision!
2 weeks?! how much is GW's deposit?
$575.
cud b worse ... tight schedule, tho!
😍Foggy Bottom
😍Foggy Bottom
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had an interview with GWU and got an acceptance email over the weekend. As much as I liked the school I'm pretty sure I'll be declining. They've only given me until the 18th to decide (two weeks). Also, I'd been accepted into Drexel (which gave me until April to decide, and a significant scholarship), and since the two schools seem relatively similar on paper, I think I'll be attending Drexel (the monetary savings would be substantial).
But, the program seemed really nice! And I was told that they moved into new facilities recently. I think I'd prefer GWU's location to Drexel's slightly more, but it would also be more expensive to live in the DC area as opposed to the Philadelphia area.
But, the program seemed really nice! And I was told that they moved into new facilities recently. I think I'd prefer GWU's location to Drexel's slightly more, but it would also be more expensive to live in the DC area as opposed to the Philadelphia area.
I had an interview with GWU and got an acceptance email over the weekend. As much as I liked the school I'm pretty sure I'll be declining. They've only given me until the 18th to decide (two weeks). Also, I'd been accepted into Drexel (which gave me until April to decide, and a significant scholarship), and since the two schools seem relatively similar on paper, I think I'll be attending Drexel (the monetary savings would be substantial).
But, the program seemed really nice! And I was told that they moved into new facilities recently. I think I'd prefer GWU's location to Drexel's slightly more, but it would also be more expensive to live in the DC area as opposed to the Philadelphia area.
You literally read my mind to a tee on all of this! These are the exact reasons why I declined GW despite liking the program.
I just got an invite for the 1/16 interview too! But the issue is that I'll be out of the country and will be landing that day....I emailed the person asking if it was possible to reschedule the interview. I'm kind of worried....
I had an interview with GWU and got an acceptance email over the weekend. As much as I liked the school I'm pretty sure I'll be declining. They've only given me until the 18th to decide (two weeks). Also, I'd been accepted into Drexel (which gave me until April to decide, and a significant scholarship), and since the two schools seem relatively similar on paper, I think I'll be attending Drexel (the monetary savings would be substantial).
But, the program seemed really nice! And I was told that they moved into new facilities recently. I think I'd prefer GWU's location to Drexel's slightly more, but it would also be more expensive to live in the DC area as opposed to the Philadelphia area.
When was your interview?
I just got an invite for the 1/16 interview too! But the issue is that I'll be out of the country and will be landing that day....I emailed the person asking if it was possible to reschedule the interview. I'm kind of worried....
I think Miriam Davies said that they only had one more interview, which is the one in January. But I hear they are very accommodating and would probably do a phone interview 🙂 Congrats on your interview!
I just got an invite for the 1/16 interview too! But the issue is that I'll be out of the country and will be landing that day....I emailed the person asking if it was possible to reschedule the interview. I'm kind of worried....
Well, I interviewed from overseas... and they were very accommodating as far as setting up a separate date for a Skype interview. Dunno if that helps!
When was your interview?
My interview was on Nov. 26th and I got the acceptance email on Dec. 5th.
When was your interview?
I think Miriam Davies said that they only had one more interview, which is the one in January. But I hear they are very accommodating and would probably do a phone interview 🙂 Congrats on your interview!
Well, I interviewed from overseas... and they were very accommodating as far as setting up a separate date for a Skype interview. Dunno if that helps!
Thanks so much for all your replies! I talked to Miriam and she said that I could come for the interview day in Feb, thank god. But I'm kind of worried because that's a little late in the game. I asked her if it would affect my chances of getting into GW and she said that it shouldn't....she did also give me the option of a skype interview as well which would be earlier. idkk what do you guys think? I think the earlier the better but the in person aspect is important as well.
Thanks so much for all your replies! I talked to Miriam and she said that I could come for the interview day in Feb, thank god. But I'm kind of worried because that's a little late in the game. I asked her if it would affect my chances of getting into GW and she said that it shouldn't....she did also give me the option of a skype interview as well which would be earlier. idkk what do you guys think? I think the earlier the better but the in person aspect is important as well.
I personally would like an in-person interview BUT as you can see others have had success on the phone and on Skype so I really don't think it will be held against you in any way. I really enjoyed meeting everyone at this university; they all (professors, students, advisors) seemed to care which is hard to find throughout a program!
Has anyone heard anything back after the 12/6 interview? I know they said we would be hearing back shortly, but didn't exactly know how long that was.
Yeah a few people I've spoke to on here from the 12/6 interview got in! I interviewed that Saturday and received an acceptance last Wednesday on 12/10. I think they said expect to hear back in 2-3 weeks though and it may be slower with the holiday season!!
@moniqueb @JPinDC I just put my deposit down for GW. It is super laid back! I wore a long sleeve blouse with black dress slacks. A few people were in full suits. Just DONT come in a short fitted dress haha. Those ladies stuck out like a sore thumb! If you know why you want to be in the PT field/why GW.. you'll do great. That's pretty much all you need in order to be prepared. Message me with any questions! Good luck
Last edited:
Hi, I just got an email this morning to interview on January 16th! I'd love to connect with anyone that will be there.
Also, does anyone have any insight on the interviews themselves as well as what the interview attire was like?
Thanks, Monique
Hi, Monique! I'll be interviewing on the 16th too! Unfortunately I don't know much about what the interview itself will be like or what attire expectations are (other than the usual "professional dress" guidelines). I'm so nervous/excited!
-Meagan
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi 🙂
I just got an invitation for an interview on Feb 13. Is anyone else going to that one?
Also, I have no knowledge of anything for these interviews so I was wondering (and mostly hoping) do they pay for our travels? And hotel?
Thanks! Good luck to others 🙂
I just got an invitation for an interview on Feb 13. Is anyone else going to that one?
Also, I have no knowledge of anything for these interviews so I was wondering (and mostly hoping) do they pay for our travels? And hotel?
Thanks! Good luck to others 🙂
Hi 🙂
I just got an invitation for an interview on Feb 13. Is anyone else going to that one?
Also, I have no knowledge of anything for these interviews so I was wondering (and mostly hoping) do they pay for our travels? And hotel?
Thanks! Good luck to others 🙂
The expenses of the five star hotels were covered as well as the round trip first class flights.
Upon arrival, they will have limo chauffeurs with a sign greeting you. They will take you to the nicest buffet where you will be able to indulge in the greatest meal that you will ever have in your entire life. (Lobster to be exact)
Let me know if you have any additional questions!
The expenses of the five star hotels were covered as well as the round trip first class flights.
Upon arrival, they will have limo chauffeurs with a sign greeting you. They will take you to the nicest buffet where you will be able to indulge in the greatest meal that you will ever have in your entire life. (Lobster to be exact)
Let me know if you have any additional questions!
@atcdpt! You are awful haha. But that was really funny. If only!! @TheOneWithTheSmile You are responsible for all travel expenses.. I think if they covered the cost of travel and dining expenses... we all would have more money to apply to 4x as many schools! That aside, the GW interview is pretty painless; enjoy and good luck!
Anyone from the 1/16 interview heard back yet?
I also interviewed on January 16th and have not heard back yet. I emailed one of the people in admissions and they said they are hoping to have letters out by mid-February. Not sure if they mean for all people who came for interviews or just our interview date. I posed the questions as asking when people from our date would find out.
Good luck!
I was accepted. They sent an email around 1pm today telling me my decision was available online, so maybe check your GWU account!
@boopy When did you interview?
I interviewed on the 16th too. I hope I get accepted!
Anyone heard anything from GW this week?
Last edited:
re-posted (wrong forum)
Last edited:
Hey everyone! I'm new to this forum but I was accepted to GW and I was wondering if anyone else has been accepted and is planning to attend GW as well? If so, message me!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@cookiemonster729 I was accepted in December and put in my deposit. This week I was just offered a scholarship to attend so it's a pretty close second choice on my list! Although my first choice is SUPER expensive so GW is becoming more and more appealing.
Congrats on your acceptance! Are you officially attending?
Congrats on your acceptance! Are you officially attending?
Nice! I got accepted in December as well. Hope I get a nice scholarship email too! But I'll be looking far and wide for funding anyway. Congrats!!@cookiemonster729 I was accepted in December and put in my deposit. This week I was just offered a scholarship to attend so it's a pretty close second choice on my list! Although my first choice is SUPER expensive so GW is becoming more and more appealing.
Congrats on your acceptance! Are you officially attending?
Thanks!@jquitt I definitely feel the same way about my top school haha. Was at 4 schools, rejected two last week and now my spot is saved at two schools. It's a matter of scholarship offers now! Good luck with your search!