2014-2015 George Washington University DPT Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qurpt1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear all,

I'm applying for the DPT program at GW to begin in 2015. Who else is out there applying? Anyone had an interview yet? Where else are people applying in the DC metro area?

Cheers!!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard back from the 11.21 interview if they got in or not?

Members don't see this ad :)
Update: got an acceptance email this morning. I'm pretty sure I'm declining, though, so I hope that helps someone else out!

I'm applying to GW but i got their confirmation email on 11/26 because i submitted it late thinking they didn't have rolling admission. sigh big mistake. i wonder what my chances are of getting in

Was offered an interview but declined after I got accepted to UDel.

I'm applying to GW but i got their confirmation email on 11/26 because i submitted it late thinking they didn't have rolling admission. sigh big mistake. i wonder what my chances are of getting in

I would advise emailing them and saying you have great interest in their school and why and that you hope to hear from them soon! May not help, but couldn't hurt. In my experience, they have all been really nice. I'm declining my offer so I hope that will help your chances. :)

I heard back a few days ago that I got in but they only gave me 2 weeks to decide if I want to accept the offer or not. Is this short time frame normal? I'm stressed about deciding when I'm waiting to hear back from everywhere else

I heard back a few days ago that I got in but they only gave me 2 weeks to decide if I want to accept the offer or not. Is this short time frame normal? I'm stressed about deciding when I'm waiting to hear back from everywhere else

I'm not really sure. I've heard some places that have a two-week timeframe (I believe Temple is this way) and others that have a month (Thomas Jefferson) or even until April (Drexel). When I was originally looking at schools, the TJ adviser told me if you get accepted and need an extension, they'll give you an extra week or two. I'm not sure that everywhere will offer this, but it may be worth asking!

Well congrats on your acceptance! That IS a short time frame. Here's to hoping you hear back from a few schools within the next week or so. Good luck with your decision!

Members don't see this ad :)
I had an interview with GWU and got an acceptance email over the weekend. As much as I liked the school I'm pretty sure I'll be declining. They've only given me until the 18th to decide (two weeks). Also, I'd been accepted into Drexel (which gave me until April to decide, and a significant scholarship), and since the two schools seem relatively similar on paper, I think I'll be attending Drexel (the monetary savings would be substantial).

But, the program seemed really nice! And I was told that they moved into new facilities recently. I think I'd prefer GWU's location to Drexel's slightly more, but it would also be more expensive to live in the DC area as opposed to the Philadelphia area.

I had an interview with GWU and got an acceptance email over the weekend. As much as I liked the school I'm pretty sure I'll be declining. They've only given me until the 18th to decide (two weeks). Also, I'd been accepted into Drexel (which gave me until April to decide, and a significant scholarship), and since the two schools seem relatively similar on paper, I think I'll be attending Drexel (the monetary savings would be substantial).

But, the program seemed really nice! And I was told that they moved into new facilities recently. I think I'd prefer GWU's location to Drexel's slightly more, but it would also be more expensive to live in the DC area as opposed to the Philadelphia area.

You literally read my mind to a tee on all of this! These are the exact reasons why I declined GW despite liking the program.

Just got contacted this morning via email, asking me to interview on 1/16!

Reactions: 1 user
I just got an invite for the 1/16 interview too! But the issue is that I'll be out of the country and will be landing that day....I emailed the person asking if it was possible to reschedule the interview. I'm kind of worried....

When was your interview?

I just got an invite for the 1/16 interview too! But the issue is that I'll be out of the country and will be landing that day....I emailed the person asking if it was possible to reschedule the interview. I'm kind of worried....

I think Miriam Davies said that they only had one more interview, which is the one in January. But I hear they are very accommodating and would probably do a phone interview :) Congrats on your interview!

Well, I interviewed from overseas... and they were very accommodating as far as setting up a separate date for a Skype interview. Dunno if that helps!

When was your interview?

My interview was on Nov. 26th and I got the acceptance email on Dec. 5th.

When was your interview?

I think Miriam Davies said that they only had one more interview, which is the one in January. But I hear they are very accommodating and would probably do a phone interview :) Congrats on your interview!

Well, I interviewed from overseas... and they were very accommodating as far as setting up a separate date for a Skype interview. Dunno if that helps!

Thanks so much for all your replies! I talked to Miriam and she said that I could come for the interview day in Feb, thank god. But I'm kind of worried because that's a little late in the game. I asked her if it would affect my chances of getting into GW and she said that it shouldn't....she did also give me the option of a skype interview as well which would be earlier. idkk what do you guys think? I think the earlier the better but the in person aspect is important as well.

Thanks so much for all your replies! I talked to Miriam and she said that I could come for the interview day in Feb, thank god. But I'm kind of worried because that's a little late in the game. I asked her if it would affect my chances of getting into GW and she said that it shouldn't....she did also give me the option of a skype interview as well which would be earlier. idkk what do you guys think? I think the earlier the better but the in person aspect is important as well.

I personally would like an in-person interview BUT as you can see others have had success on the phone and on Skype so I really don't think it will be held against you in any way. I really enjoyed meeting everyone at this university; they all (professors, students, advisors) seemed to care which is hard to find throughout a program!

Reactions: 1 users
I was "conditionally" accepted to GW! Think there is a miscommunication with my English courses but I will get it figured out and update you all. Deposit is due by Dec 31, $575!

Has anyone heard anything back after the 12/6 interview? I know they said we would be hearing back shortly, but didn't exactly know how long that was.

Has anyone heard anything back after the 12/6 interview? I know they said we would be hearing back shortly, but didn't exactly know how long that was.

Yeah a few people I've spoke to on here from the 12/6 interview got in! I interviewed that Saturday and received an acceptance last Wednesday on 12/10. I think they said expect to hear back in 2-3 weeks though and it may be slower with the holiday season!!

Hi, I just got an email this morning to interview on January 16th! I'd love to connect with anyone that will be there.

Also, does anyone have any insight on the interviews themselves as well as what the interview attire was like?

Thanks, Monique

Hey Monique,
I'll be there on January 16th, too! There's a separate thread here that talks about the interview - sounds pretty laid back. I'm planning to wear a suit (or potentially a tweed blazer with slacks)
See you there!
-Paige

@moniqueb @JPinDC I just put my deposit down for GW. It is super laid back! I wore a long sleeve blouse with black dress slacks. A few people were in full suits. Just DONT come in a short fitted dress haha. Those ladies stuck out like a sore thumb! If you know why you want to be in the PT field/why GW.. you'll do great. That's pretty much all you need in order to be prepared. Message me with any questions! Good luck

Last edited:
Hi, I just got an email this morning to interview on January 16th! I'd love to connect with anyone that will be there.

Also, does anyone have any insight on the interviews themselves as well as what the interview attire was like?

Thanks, Monique

Hi, Monique! I'll be interviewing on the 16th too! Unfortunately I don't know much about what the interview itself will be like or what attire expectations are (other than the usual "professional dress" guidelines). I'm so nervous/excited!
-Meagan

Hi :)
I just got an invitation for an interview on Feb 13. Is anyone else going to that one?
Also, I have no knowledge of anything for these interviews so I was wondering (and mostly hoping) do they pay for our travels? And hotel?

Thanks! Good luck to others :)

Hi :)
I just got an invitation for an interview on Feb 13. Is anyone else going to that one?
Also, I have no knowledge of anything for these interviews so I was wondering (and mostly hoping) do they pay for our travels? And hotel?

Thanks! Good luck to others :)

The expenses of the five star hotels were covered as well as the round trip first class flights.

Upon arrival, they will have limo chauffeurs with a sign greeting you. They will take you to the nicest buffet where you will be able to indulge in the greatest meal that you will ever have in your entire life. (Lobster to be exact)

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Anyone from the 1/16 interview heard back yet?

The expenses of the five star hotels were covered as well as the round trip first class flights.

Upon arrival, they will have limo chauffeurs with a sign greeting you. They will take you to the nicest buffet where you will be able to indulge in the greatest meal that you will ever have in your entire life. (Lobster to be exact)

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

@atcdpt! You are awful haha. But that was really funny. If only!! @TheOneWithTheSmile You are responsible for all travel expenses.. I think if they covered the cost of travel and dining expenses... we all would have more money to apply to 4x as many schools! That aside, the GW interview is pretty painless; enjoy and good luck!

I was accepted. They sent an email around 1pm today telling me my decision was available online, so maybe check your GWU account!

Anyone from the 1/16 interview heard back yet?

I also interviewed on January 16th and have not heard back yet. I emailed one of the people in admissions and they said they are hoping to have letters out by mid-February. Not sure if they mean for all people who came for interviews or just our interview date. I posed the questions as asking when people from our date would find out.

Good luck!

Interviewed in December and still haven't heard anything from GW either way. Has this happened to anyone else?

I just heard yesterday around 1pm, as well. I'm in! Good luck to everyone else! Agreed on checking your GW application account - that's where the decision was posted. I just received a notification email telling me to check there.

Anyone heard anything from GW this week?

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I'm new to this forum but I was accepted to GW and I was wondering if anyone else has been accepted and is planning to attend GW as well? If so, message me!

@cookiemonster729 I was accepted in December and put in my deposit. This week I was just offered a scholarship to attend so it's a pretty close second choice on my list! Although my first choice is SUPER expensive so GW is becoming more and more appealing.

Congrats on your acceptance! Are you officially attending?

@cookiemonster729 I was accepted in December and put in my deposit. This week I was just offered a scholarship to attend so it's a pretty close second choice on my list! Although my first choice is SUPER expensive so GW is becoming more and more appealing.

Congrats on your acceptance! Are you officially attending?
Nice! I got accepted in December as well. Hope I get a nice scholarship email too! But I'll be looking far and wide for funding anyway. Congrats!!

@jquitt I definitely feel the same way about my top school haha. Was at 4 schools, rejected two last week and now my spot is saved at two schools. It's a matter of scholarship offers now! Good luck with your search!

@jquitt I definitely feel the same way about my top school haha. Was at 4 schools, rejected two last week and now my spot is saved at two schools. It's a matter of scholarship offers now! Good luck with your search!
Thanks!

Just got my acceptance letter to GW! Super excited