You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 George Washington University DPT Application Thread
Started by qurpt1
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats! Yeah that log in information will do that to you sometime! See you in the Fall!I receive an email notification to log into my account on Friday at 4am! I had a little meltdown because I couldn't remember my password and pin haha So excited! If anyone wants to connect feel free to PM me
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got a notification saying that I was waitlisted. Does anyone know your chances of getting in off the waitlist or has anyone on here decided to go somewhere else? I just don't know how long is an appropriate time to wait to see if you get in off the waitlist?
I've been waitlisted as well!
Is it too early to hope for a wait list update? I'm wait listed at a couple schools. The wait is so tough!
Congratulations! Hopefully I'll get off the wait list too! Did you get a call or an email, @corach1 ?
I just got accepted, and have taken the offer! So excited! Good luck to everyone else who is still waiting on a decision!
Would you mind sharing your stats?
@mv85dpthopeful Sure!
Degree: Bachelor of Science in Psychology and a Minor in Biological Sciences from University of Maryland, Baltimore County. Just graduated in December.
Overall GPA: 3.585
Pre-Requisite GPA: 3.3 (as calculated by PTCAS, haven't done it myself)
GRE: Verbal- 160 (84% below) Quantitative- 154 (56% below) Analytical- 5.0 (93% below)
Extras: Resident Assistant for three years in college, President of the Pre-Physical Therapy Society at UMBC, Volunteer at MS Swim program for a semester.
Observation Hours: 150 hours in an outpatient clinic, 1000+ hours in a skilled nursing facility.
If you have any other questions, just let me know! You interviewed on January 16th, right?
Degree: Bachelor of Science in Psychology and a Minor in Biological Sciences from University of Maryland, Baltimore County. Just graduated in December.
Overall GPA: 3.585
Pre-Requisite GPA: 3.3 (as calculated by PTCAS, haven't done it myself)
GRE: Verbal- 160 (84% below) Quantitative- 154 (56% below) Analytical- 5.0 (93% below)
Extras: Resident Assistant for three years in college, President of the Pre-Physical Therapy Society at UMBC, Volunteer at MS Swim program for a semester.
Observation Hours: 150 hours in an outpatient clinic, 1000+ hours in a skilled nursing facility.
If you have any other questions, just let me know! You interviewed on January 16th, right?
Oh, ok! I thought everyone was notified in early March, and that's why I thought you were on the wait list. Yeah, I interviewed on January 16th. When did you interview?
I interviewed that day as well.Oh, ok! I thought everyone was notified in early March, and that's why I thought you were on the wait list. Yeah, I interviewed on January 16th. When did you interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Everyone!
I just got accepted into GW!!! AHHH!!
Total dream come true. But at the same time the cost....not so much. Right now I've submitted a deposit to Shenandoah University, but I'm still undecided on which school to go to. I only have until Thursday to decide, which is INSANE.
For those of you who are going to GW for sure, what made you choose this program over others? And if anyone can help me compare Shenandoah's program to GW, that would also be vey helpful. ANY INPUT IS APPRECIATED!!! Please help me make this insanely important decision for my professional career 🙂
I just got accepted into GW!!! AHHH!!
Total dream come true. But at the same time the cost....not so much. Right now I've submitted a deposit to Shenandoah University, but I'm still undecided on which school to go to. I only have until Thursday to decide, which is INSANE.
For those of you who are going to GW for sure, what made you choose this program over others? And if anyone can help me compare Shenandoah's program to GW, that would also be vey helpful. ANY INPUT IS APPRECIATED!!! Please help me make this insanely important decision for my professional career 🙂
Hey Everyone!
I just got accepted into GW!!! AHHH!!
Total dream come true. But at the same time the cost....not so much. Right now I've submitted a deposit to Shenandoah University, but I'm still undecided on which school to go to. I only have until Thursday to decide, which is INSANE.
For those of you who are going to GW for sure, what made you choose this program over others? And if anyone can help me compare Shenandoah's program to GW, that would also be vey helpful. ANY INPUT IS APPRECIATED!!! Please help me make this insanely important decision for my professional career 🙂
Full discolure, I was accepted to GWU but I'm probably about 90% sure that I'll attend due to -- you guessed it -- the tuition. Another story for another day but it depends on how much outside funding I may or may not get.
That being said, it seems like you are considering things outside of the overall cost; you most likely would have chosen Shenandoah if that was your main focus. That's good! You have the hard numbers when it comes to tuition. That part of this is pretty cut and dry. What is more challenging is deciding which program is the best fit for you in things outside of overall cost. Maybe you like Shenendoah's Northern VA campus and that format. Maybe you like GWU's facilities (I really did)! Those are only questions you can answer so take your time and be at peace with whatever you decide.
I liked the faculty better at GWU as well as the facilities and how they presented their program to applicants.
@cookiemonster729 This week I was just offered a scholarship to attend so it's a pretty close second choice on my list
Would you mind sharing the amount of the scholarship? I interviewed there last week and they were very vague and avoided citing hard numbers. I would like to know how GW tuition+scholarships compares to my other top schools.
Would you mind sharing the amount of the scholarship? I interviewed there last week and they were very vague and avoided citing hard numbers. I would like to know how GW tuition+scholarships compares to my other top schools.
Yeah I honestly don't mind sharing haha. I got offered half of my GW tuition. Honestly I don't remember how much their tuition is (as I did not end up there) but I believe it was around $55k!
Would you mind sharing the amount of the scholarship? I interviewed there last week and they were very vague and avoided citing hard numbers. I would like to know how GW tuition+scholarships compares to my other top schools.
And have you heard back regarding acceptance? GW was my second choice- nice program!
Still no word...And have you heard back regarding acceptance? GW was my second choice- nice program!