2014-2015 Waitlist Support Group

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
wow that is slightly discouraging. I thought wait list was better than a rejection but damn the two seem pretty similar after reading that . Thanks for the info though!
Uhhhh I got off a waitlist. It's NOT the same thing as a rejection. Just be patient and wait like the rest of us.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
gdluck everyone in the upcoming weeks

Reactions: 10 users
If you got waitlisted for a low mcat score, are your chances negligible?

Members don't see this ad :)
Let's just say theoretically if that was the case

If the WL is ranked then there's nothing you can do but wait patiently for X number of people to withdraw.

If it's not ranked, you never know who they might pull off the WL to make up for any deficiencies they may perceive in the incoming class. I've always been told that being wait listed meant good enough, just not highly desirable. You are much more than just a low MCAT score! If MCAT was a deal breaker, they wouldn't have interviewed you. That in itself is an accomplishment. Good luck and stay patient.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Confused though, because my pre-medical advisor recommended that I send letters of interest, seeing as I have no outright acceptances... and what is the "something WAY more worthwhile" that I should be saving my time and energy for?

Well I am hesitant to call letters of interest useless. Some applicants really do cater them to the school they are sending them to. However, I think one better thing to do is to just keep sending regular update letters. Just update them on what is going on in your life, how you're handling being on these wait lists and then at the end I think if you re-emphasize your interest in a couple sentences in that specific school it can't hurt. I don't think so anyways. Anyone can correct me if you disagree.

Wouldn't it be more like Waitlist-mas eve?

"Twas the night before Waitlistmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a lab mouse.
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that an Admissions Dean soon would be there.

The premeds were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of acceptance letters danced in their heads.
And all the other admitted students went to sleep,
While not knowing their friends were in fear knee deep

When on my cell phone there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
Away to the phone I flew like a flash,
Tore open gmail and threw up in the trash."

-Credit to @monkeyjack

Reactions: 15 users
!!!!! GUESS WHAT I DON'T NEED TO APPLY TO ROUND 5!!!!!!!!!

MCG!!!!!

Reactions: 97 users
Members don't see this ad :)

MCG!!!!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I am SO excited for and proud of you!!! I was rooting for you more than I was for anyone on SDN! Congratulations, future doctor!!! :biglove::soexcited::claps:

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
WAIT??? I have been silently following your story. This is great, wonderful news :)

Thank you. I had to read this to my partner because I was not believing it. I literally was screaming and going What does this mean?????

*Has heart attack, dies*

Reactions: 6 users

MCG!!!!!

So Awesome!! WE ARE ALLLL SO PROUD/HAPPZY For you! what a long time coming. you will be a great support to your community in the future, esp with the story/background you have!

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations!!!! I've been following your story too and I'm so glad you won't have to go through this process again. All the best!

MCG!!!!!

MCG!!!!!
Congrats !! Always been seeing your signature with the 4-time reapplicant title

Time to relax, yeah? :)

MCG!!!!!

YESSSSS!!!! Major congrats!!!! :highfive: I followed your story silently for a long time, too and am so, so excited for you!!!!

Thank you! I have never seen so much happiness for a single person as y'all have shown to me. :)

Reactions: 5 users
I can get rid of the penguin. FINALLY got my first acceptance! April 30th is a magical date! Hopefully there will be plenty of waitlist movement in your future...

Reactions: 16 users
I can get rid of the penguin. FINALLY got my first acceptance! April 30th is a magical date! Hopefully there will be plenty of waitlist movement in your future...

honestly so happy to see success coming so quickly for many of you. its been a great last few days for you guys, and you all deserve it. go celebrate!

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you. I had to read this to my partner because I was not believing it. I literally was screaming and going What does this mean?????

*Has heart attack, dies*

HELL YEAH! *enthusiastic clapping* EXCELLENT NEWS! :D

On two Wait-Lists. SUNY Upstate (High Priority Alternate) and SUNY Buffalo. Praying for some love. If not, I'm still becoming a physician as I've been accepted and paid my deposit for an excellent DO School. Much congratulations to those who have gotten in off wait lists so far! Good luck to those of us who are still waiting! :)

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to everyone who got in off the waitlist! For those of us still waiting, do not lose hope. I'm on one waitlist and am hoping for some good movement next week! fingers crossed!!

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats to everyone who got in off the waitlist! For those of us still waiting, do not lose hope. I'm on one waitlist and am hoping for some good movement next week! fingers crossed!!
Heard dat. GL all and congrats to all else!

Got the call that has changed my life, so I will be hanging my waitlist hat.

I am cheering for everyone!!! Post-Traffic Day still has only just begun!

Reactions: 19 users
Got off two waitlists within one day. The poaching cascade is finally happening! Hoping good news comes soon to everyone else on here too!!!! Keep the faith :xf:

Reactions: 17 users
@cactusinmyhead - thanks for the encouraging post the other day, because...

I got the call yesterday too! Woohoo!
I never thought this day would come. :soexcited:
There is hope everybody!

Reactions: 11 users
Just heard back from a school I was wl'ed at.

LET THERE BE MOVEMENT!!!

And a hearty congrats to @familyaerospace . Seriously.

Reactions: 9 users
Hopefully, waitlist will continue to move in the coming weeks. I'm on six waitlist and haven't heard a peep.

Reactions: 4 users
Hopefully, waitlist will continue to move in the coming weeks. I'm on six waitlist and haven't heard a peep.

It has really only just begun. The movement starts now, should run for another month before it starts slowing down. I hope you get in. I would not inflict a second round on anyone, especially if they were on 6 waitlists!

I'm right there with you! 7 waitlists and not a word today.

Edit: Actually 7, not 8. Typo!

Last edited:
I would feel so much better with 6 and 8 waitlists! Only having 3 is a little scarier! Good Luck to you two!

I would feel so much better with 6 and 8 waitlists! Only having 3 is a little scarier! Good Luck to you two!
+1 here. I actually have 4 WL, but Baylor's doesn't count.

same here (with 3 WL, with 2 having kinda moved) sighhhh
Actually, none of my 4 WL have moved (according to SDN) even though some SDN'ers have withdrawn. And I don't know if that's good or bad :S