2015-2016 Late Applicants Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm OOS from GA. 3.58/3.35/510. Maybe it was the MCAT?
Definitely the MCAT. I screwed the pooch.
Maybe you'll see some movement there soon. Are you particularly interested in the school?
Not particularly. I mostly just applied to schools on the western US.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
UNECOM has a long admissions cycle for anyone that's interested. Plenty of January and even some February apps get in each year.

I got an II at UNE near the end of February, do you think I still have a decent chance?

Western COMP II
Complete 12/17

First II, very excited!

Reactions: 5 users
If it helps, I applied to 6 programs, complete early to mid December at all of them. Already have IIs at DMU, UNECOM, and LECOM! Keep the hope alive people!

Reactions: 2 users
Anybody else waiting to hear something for KCOM?

If it helps, I applied to 6 programs, complete early to mid December at all of them. Already have IIs at DMU, UNECOM, and LECOM! Keep the hope alive people!
These are programs with pretty fast admissions, afaik. ACOM, too. I'm getting a bit miffed at GA-PCOM. Ridiculously slow, not to mention they don't screen for secondaries. -_-

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an acceptance! I was shocked since I had just interviewed yesterday (though they told me the committee would meet today, they also said it would take 2-4 weeks for a decision...) :)

Reactions: 10 users
II for DMU 1/28. Applied 11/30.

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted to ACOM last week.
3 interviews to go and 1 of them is an MD school.

Super blessed. Stay positive guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
Ayyy. Let's get it!

I was complete at NYIT near the end of November, interviewed Jan 14th, and got my acceptance letter on Saturday!!! Good luck to everyone else in this thread.

Reactions: 1 user
PCOM interview today. Complete mid November

Just in case people are still nervous about applying late and not getting interviews, I completed in november, and sent my secondaries in December and January. I have so far heard back from the following:

TUNCOM: rejected
AZCOM: wait list
Western: Interview scheduled for 02/25
ACOM: interview scheduled for 02/12

cGPA 3.05 | sGPA 3.44 | MCAT 504

Still waiting to hear from 6 schools... The point is, it's never too late. Don't listen to what anyone says.

I got into ACOM. PM me if you have any questions!

Just in case people are still nervous about applying late and not getting interviews, I completed in november, and sent my secondaries in December and January. I have so far heard back from the following:

TUNCOM: rejected
AZCOM: wait list
Western: Interview scheduled for 02/25
ACOM: interview scheduled for 02/12

cGPA 3.05 | sGPA 3.44 | MCAT 504

Still waiting to hear from 6 schools... The point is, it's never too late. Don't listen to what anyone says.
We have the same interview date for ACOM. Good luck!

I recently posted that I received an II for NYIT-Arkansas. I decided that I will decline the II because even though it could be a really good school, I still have my LECOM and CUCOM interviews coming up on top of waiting to hear back a decision for my state MD school. I applied to NYIT at a time when I had heard nothing back and was starting to panic. At this point, I would probably rather reapply next year rather than spend $58,000 for tuition. There are a couple of new schools popping up next year that I have a bit more faith in. I hate to turn down a chance to interview for a spot in a medical school but I cannot see myself going there. I hope it turns out to be a great school but it probably just isn't for me at this point.

@juice31

I am in a similar boat. For several reasons, I ended up declining my interview at LMU. It's better to decline pre-interview if you know the school isn't a good fit, imo. If I have to reapply, then I have to reapply. I totally understand where you are coming from.
I am glad that I searched "declining an acceptance" because I didn't know how badly that could potentially hurt me. I am definitely not saying I would get an acceptance but I would hate to be put in that situation. Even though LECOM and Campbell are approx. 15 hours away from home, I can handle being far away when my tuition is $32,000 (LECOM) to $43,000 (Campbell). $58,000 is just crazy to me. If NYIT-Arkansas was a more reasonable $35,000, count me in for the experiment.

It is sad that I just said $35,000 a year for tuition is reasonable. :(

Ha yeah looking at medical school tuition gives a person a warped sense of what is 'reasonable'

That is why I would really love to get into my state MD school. It costs about the same as LECOM but I want to stay close to home (Midwest) if possible.

Just saw this thread. Thought I'd give some background:

I submitted my primaries and secondaries early, but my letters/committee interview was held up until DECEMBER (don't get me started, I'm still a bit miffed). I got II @ LECOM-Erie (had to postpone until the end of Feb because my final flight was delayed in Philadelphia 5 minutes before I boarded. Yeah. Also miffed.) and an II @ BCOM. I just got accepted there today. So it just goes to show you, that if I, the person with the worst luck in the world can get in you can too.

So, in summation, Rejected @ MUCOM, Interview waitlisted @ Western-COMP, II @ BCOM and LECOM-Erie, Acceptance @ BCOM. Waiting to hear from TUNCOM.
Stats: cGPA 3.3, sGPA 3.7, and 31 MCAT

Just interviewed there too!
I personally fell in love with ACOM so I think I'm gonna stay there for now.

Good luck man!

Just interviewed there too!
I personally fell in love with ACOM so I think I'm gonna stay there for now.

Good luck man!

Mind if I PM you and ask some specifics? I interviewed at ACOM and loved it there, too.

Just got an II from LECOM Seton Hill. Primary 10/15, secondary 11/26.

Reactions: 3 users
Who from here has gotten accepted already? I wanna see if I got some future friends in here!

Also, I just noticed something weird. I applied to LECOM-Erie but got an interview to SH. Is that normal for them to switch it?

Is the same interview. 1 interview counts for both

I interviewed there. Awesome place

That makes sense. I've already declined the interview. I've already gotten into my #1.