Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It was by email from UCLA/Caltech MSTPStill waiting to hear from them. Was it email or portal?
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
It was by email from UCLA/Caltech MSTPStill waiting to hear from them. Was it email or portal?
Poop. Im sorry!It was by email from UCLA/Caltech MSTP
They will @steminist... Just be yourself!
GO @steminist GO!!!!!!!! You've got this! Good luck this weekend!!
So sorry to hear of all of the bad news coming from Penn, Dartmouth, and more. Also, I do want to say that for those of you with sad news from Hopkins, I know that a rejection is never good news, but you all stayed alive there for a LONG time!! They were definitely sending out a lot of rejections earlier (got one myself, lol) but they clearly saw something they liked in your applications. I think that's a pretty rockin' accomplishment, so way to go!!
Hang in there, folks -- we've got this!
Yeah - not "souring" on Colorado @MSTPtastic and @ADW1994 - I think it's a great program and y'all have a lot to look forward to by interviewing! Just not as enthused as I was at the beginning of the application cycle about being a part of the program after visiting other places.
Thank you @nmusdposter!!! 🙂 I think it went well (met some great people for sure!!) but it didn't really feel like the right place for me, so who knows? Starting to think very seriously about reapplying.
Thanks @starfun21! Here's for hoping! It's not over until it's over, right?!
I really hope so! Thanks for the confidence 🙂Still some time left -- Good luck @steminist -- you will find your right fit, I am sure of it!
Nope...it was "The MST Program Admissions Committee has made a final review of your application for our incoming class of 2016. Unfortunately, the competitive level of our applicants is such that we are not able to offer you, or many other fine applicants, an opportunity to move forward in the MSTP admissions process. "Are these Colorado rejections straight up rejections or are they holds? I'm asking because I got an email yesterday saying I'm on the alternate list and "We wanted to let you know that you are still under consideration by our program and may be asked to attend an interview before our interviews end in mid-February." Is that what all of you who are posting about Colorado received, or was your email different?
Question for those who heard from UCLA today--my rejection email mentions the UCLA-Caltech MSTP but I didn't actually apply for this (I chose UCLA only on the secondary). I'm going to go ahead and assume this is a rejection from UCLA at large, unless someone else can say there is another rejection from them that's from the UCLA only program! Thanks in advance 🙂
Anyone still waiting on Sinai? From what I can see there are no rejections yet, so not receiving one doesn't necessarily mean anything good?? Just hoping to hear something soon (was my first choice at the beginning of all this)
hmmm ok. thanks I guess I will try and forget about them 🙁Unfortunately I think Sinai is one of those schools that waits until after interviews to reject everyone. Their last date (according to the calendar) has already passed. I think Columbia does the same and I know they already gave out all their IIs. Kind of frustrating but not holding my breath for either!
hmmm ok. thanks I guess I will try and forget about them 🙁
Haha @am993 that post pretty much sums up how it feels. I don't need a nice fluffy e-mail to soothe my rejection wounds, I just want the dignity of being transferred over to MD only if that's offered. It seems like they just put it off so long until you don't even have a chance.
Thats not true! I've gotten MD only invites from two schools!Indeed...I kind of just assume if I don't get into the MSTP then I probably won't be getting an MD invite either U___U Pretty negative on my part but I guess I just learned not to have my expectations up (as depressing as that sound hahaha)
Thanks for this. I guess my stupid little heart is holding out for that tiny chance they'll say WAIIIIIT we want you. But I just emailed them too... and asked the same thing.I looked at their MD only forum a few days ago, and found this:
"For anyone with submitted MSTP secondaries, awaiting interview:
You've been rejected (maybe this is obvious to you?). Admin office claims last interview dates are Dec 7/8. Do not expect email, I had to reach out to them to find out unceremoniously that I was rejected, even though it appeared to be still under review. Its always a crapshoot, so rejection is understandable, but I find it pretty lame that for $110 they can't be bothered to send a form email out. Wankers"
I emailed them today to "check the status of my application" and requested to be moved to MD only. Haven't heard back yet.
edit to include link to post: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...mount-sinai-application-thread.1135051/page-8
Thanks for this. I guess my stupid little heart is holding out for that tiny chance they'll say WAIIIIIT we want you. But I just emailed them too... and asked the same thing.
Either way, some of us have research-heavy applications that are more geared towards MD/PhD and so it's difficult to compete with MD-only applicants who have less research and more clinical experience. Point in case: I got rejected from CWRU UT but got an II for CCLCM.
I guess it depends on your app. I just got rejected MSTP for Columbia but simultaneously received an MD invite. So, it is definitely not a given that one rejection means two! And having said that...Yeppp I agree with this statement very much. My application is really research heavy and not as strong on the clinical experience which is why I consider an MSTP rejection an MD rejection as well (though ofc I know it is different for everyone and yes you are right about how each school evaluates mstp applicants).
I guess it depends on your app. I just got rejected MSTP for Columbia but simultaneously received an MD invite. So, it is definitely not a given that one rejection means two! And having said that...
Columbia MSTP -- learned that their program is no longer accommodating of the PhD program I was applying to, so I'm not surprised. Received MD-only invite simultaneously.
Note: I am not sure how MSTP rejections at Columbia work if you are not offered a separate MD interview. I only received one email, and it was an MD interview invitation. No separate MSTP rejection email, and no change to my status.
INSTRUCTIONS: DO NOT ERASE!
1) click quote on the most recent list (don't copy and paste!!!)
2) delete the quote messages on the top and bottom
3) add your user name, complete date, rejection date, any other pertinent info, and if needed, the school (bold the school name)
4) click submit
Legend
C: Complete date
I: Interview date (if rejected post-interview)
R: Rejection date
Pre-Secondary
Medical University of South Carolina: xc_stallion92 (R: 8/10)
Rutgers: onedimpleface (C: 8/10; R: 8/24 - on my bday!)
University of Washington: Inky (C: 7/6; R: 7/28); halcyonpage (C: 8/13, R: 8/18); molang (C:8/22; R:9/18); klebandb (C:8/14, R: 8/30); Penguin33(C:7/20, R:8/1) dmray3 (C: 7/20is, R: 8/18)
UC Davis: ishuman (C: 7/2 (AMCAS verified); R: 11/7/2015), MSTPtastic (C: 7/18, R: 11/7)
Pre-Interview
Albert Einstein: Allaboutthatbass (C: 7/29, R: 10/8), merryberry (C: 9/9, R: 10/9), onedimpleface (C: 9/9, R: 10/9), mynameistoolong (C: 7/27, R: 10/9), Jelly Bones (C: 10/1, R: 10/8), steminist (C:8/15ish, R: 9/11), am993) C: 9/31, R: 10/9)
Boston University: smiley buckeye (C: 7/9 R: 10/16), inky: (C: 8/5, R: 10/16), steminist (C:8/15ish, R: 10/23)
Chicago: MSTPtastic (C: 7/20, R: 8/13); inky (C: 8/7, R: 8/13); batracho (C: 8/10, R: 8/19); Sreltraln (C: 8/6, R: 8/19); Sage_Growth (C: 7/30, R: 8/5) MSTPCRUSADER (C: 8/6, R: 8/13), ivynuke (C: 7/28, R: 8/13), gastro426 (C:8/15, R:8/26/15), Jelly Bones (C: 9/28, R: 10/1), purple33 (C: 8/31, R: 9/16), steminist (C:8/15ish, R: 8/19), klebandb (C: 7/10, R: 7/23), am993 (don't remember date, but it was five days after completing in mid august)
Columbia: carpediem22 (C: 7/14, R: 12/17 [MD-only invite])
Colorado: nmusdposter (C:7/30, R: 12/7), shady_bb (C: 8/10ish, R: 12/7), OncPhysSci (C: 8/21, R: 12/7), steminist (C: 8/15, R: 12/7) dmray3 (C: 8/11, R: 12/7), halcyonpage (C: 8/25, R: 12/7)
Duke: nmusdposter (C: 7/3, R: 8/7), ADW1994 (C: 7/14, R: 8/28), Argle Bargle (C: 7/15, R: 9/04)
Emory: halcyonpage (C: 8/23, R: 11/19)
Geisel (Dartmouth): merryberry (C: 9/1, R: 12/2), steminist (C: 8/14, R: 12/2); (C:7/24, R:12/2)
Georgetown: steminist (C: 8/15, R: 12/8)
Indiana University: xc_stallion92 (C: 7/14, R 8/24); inky (C: 8/13, R: 8/24); ishuman (C: 7/2, R: 8/24); ADW1994 (C: 8/17, R: 10/13), steminist (C:8/15ish, R: 10/13)
Harvard: MSTPCRUSADER (C: 8/17; R: 10/2), Argle Bargle (C: 8/03, R: 11/16), Penguin33(C:7/20, R: 10/8), neurotroph (C: 9/26, R: 12/3)
Jefferson: This_is_the_worst (C; 8/18, R: 11/11), OncPhysSci (C: 8/10, R: 11/12)
Johns Hopkins: starfun21 (C: 8/4, R: 9/16); nmusdposter (C: 7/20; R: 9/16), Smiley Buckeye (C: 7/11, R 9/16), BR2016 (C: 7/23 R: 9/16) edc1618 (C:7/21 R:09/16), steminist (C:8/15ish, R: 9/16), klebandb (C: 7/12, R: 10/16), this_is_the_worst (C:9/23, R: 12/1), Argle Bargle: (C: 7/26. R: 12/01), Jelly Bones (C: 10/14, R: 12/1), carpediem22 (C: July, R: 12/1) dmray3 (C: 7/29, R: 12/1), SheBlindedMeWithScience (C: 10/14, R: 12/1), waasgy (C: 10/13, R: 12/1)
Mayo: steminist (C:8/15ish, R: 8/25), MSTPtastic (C: 9/15ish, R: 11/5), Jelly Bones (C: 9/25, R: 11/9), starfun21 (C: 8/7/15, R: 11/9) dmray3 (C: 7/30, R: 12/2)
Meharry: steminist (C:8/15ish, R: 9/4)
Michigan: starfun21 (C: 7/6; R: 9/22), xc_stallion92 (C:8/12; R:9/22) halcyonpage (C: 8/8; R: 9/22), physicianscientist (C: 8/15, R: 9/22),ThatGuy112233(C:08/18 R:09/22); molang (C: 9/14, R: 9/22), ishuman (C: 7/6, R: 10/26), Smiley buckeye (C: 7/2; R: 10/26), BR2016 (C: 7/17, R: 10/26), ADW1994 (C: 8/13, R: 10/26), carpediem22 (C: 7/4, R:10/26), MSTPtastic (C: 7/25, R: 10/26), dmray3 (C: 7/21, R: 10/26) klebandb (C: 7/10, R: 9/22), Nanorust (C:10/04, R:10/26), Penguin33 (C:7/4, R: 10/26),
NYU: This_is_the_worst (C:8/29, R: 2/29), ADW1994 (C: 7/20, R: 9/30), inky (C: 7/27, R: 9/29), Smiley Buckeye (C:7/24, R:9/29), onedimpleface (C:9/9, R: 10/1), xc_stallion92 (C:8/3, R:9/29) epiphone (C:9/8, R: 9/30), BR2016 (C: 7/19, R: 9/30), steminist (C: 8/15ish, R: 9/29), klebandb (C: 7/9, R: 9/29), waasgy (C: 10/15, R: 11/11)
Oregon: steminist (C: 8/15ish, R: 11/3)
Pittsburgh: merryberry (C:9/7, R: 10/9), steminist (C: 8/15, R: 11/17), ThatGuy112233(C:~09/14, R: 11/17), Smiley Buckeye (C: 8/7, R:11/17), ishuman (C: 7/9, R: 11/17), SheBlindedMeWithScience (C: 9/20, R: 11/18), ADW1994 (C: 7/23, R: 11/18), Neuro_Guy (C: 8/1, R: 11/18) dmray3 (C: 7/29, R: 11/17)
Rochester: xc_stallion92 (C: 7/24, R: 9/9), inky (C: 7/30, R: 9/9), ishuman (C: 7/2, R: 9/9); (C: 7/8, R: 11/3), gastro426 (C:8/11, R: 11/3)
Stanford: ADW1994 (C: 7/28, R: 8/5); Smiley Buckeye (C: 8/8, R: 8/14); starfun21 (C: 7/17, R: 8/20); BR2016 (C: 7/31, R: 8/20), ivynuke (C: 8/13, R: 8/21), Sreltraln (C: 8/14?, R: 9/5), MSTPCRUSADER (C: 8/19 R: 10/3); halcyonpage (C: 9/14, R: 10/5); molang (C:8:30, R: 10/5), dmray3 (C:9/29, R: 10/7) nmusdposter (C:7/17, R:10/7), steminist (C: 8/15ish, R: 9/17), Argle Bargle (C: 8/15, R: 9/05), klebandb (C: 7/19, R: 8/25), ishuman (C: 7/27, R: 11/9) ThatGuy112233(C: 09/05, R: 11/10), MSTPtastic (C: 8/22, R: 11/22), waasgy (C: 10/9, R: 10/20)
Stony Brook: inky (C: 8/14, R: 9/14), physicianscientist (C: 7/29, R: 9/14), onedimpleface (C: 8/10, R: 9/14), Jelly Bones (C: 22/10, R: 28/10)
SUNY Upstate: inky: (C: 8/11, R: 10/16)
Tri-I: ADW1994 (C: 7/13, R: 9/4) Summerlands (C: mid-July, R: 9/4), quintessences (C: mid-July, R: 9/4), MSTPCRUSADER (C: 7/20, R: 9/4), mynameistoolong (C: 7/29, R: 9/10), inky (C:7/29, R: 9/10), physicianscientist (C: 7/28, R: 9/10), Allaboutthatbass (C: 7/27, R: 9/14), Sreltraln (C: 8/10, R: 9/23), xTheCrowingx (C: 8/14 R: 9/30), OncPhysSci (C: 8/10, R: 10/8) pineapplecake (C: 7/6, R: 10/13) delta444 (C: 8/5, R: 10/13), ThatGuy112233(C:8/22, R: 10/14), Jelly Bones (C: 9/22, R: 11/12), steminist (C: 8/15, R: 11/12), purple33 (C: 9/1, R: 11/12), Nanorust (C:08/13, R:09/30), Penguin33 (C:7/20, R:11/12), am993 (C: 8/17, R: 11/12), waasgy (C: 9/16, R: 10/30)
Tulane: inky (C: 8/4, R: 10/13)
University of North Carolina: starfun21 (C: 7/16, R: 9/9), jd989898 (C: 7/24, R: 9/9), inky (C: 8/2, R: 9/14), ADW1994 (C: 8/6, R: 9/14), OncPhysSci (C: 8/26, R : 9/16), nmusdposter (C:9/4, R:12/8), SheBlindedMeWithScience (C: 10/19, R: 12/8), Neuro_Guy (C: 8/20, R: 12/14)
UCLA: Thatguy112233(C:~818, R: 10/15), gastro426 (C:8/13, R: 10/15), inky: (C: 7/29, R: 10/15), dmray3 (C: 7/29, R: 10/27) This_is_the_worst (C:8/20, R 10/27), purple33 (C: 9/28, R: 11/13), starfun21 (C: 7/9, R: 12/8), xTheCrowingx (C: 8/15, R: 12/8), ishuman (C: 7/16, R: 12/8), MedW2E (C:9/10, R: 12/10)
UCSF: pineapplecake (C: 7/25, R: 11/6), ADW (C: 8/2, R: 11/6), nmusdposter (C: 7/22, R: 11/6), Neuro_Guy (C: 7/22, R: 11/6), xTheCrowingx (C: 8/15, R: 12/4), Argle Bargle (C: 8/07, R: 12/04)
UCSD: ADW1994 (C: 7/27, R: 9/30) edc1618 (C:mid-July R:09/30), ishuman (C: 7/30, R: 9/30); MSTPCRUSADER (C:7/20, R:9/30); molang (C: 8/21, R:9/30); Neuro_Guy (C 7/27, R: 9/30); shady_bb(C: 8/07, R: 9/30), klebandb (C: 7/20, R: 9/30), Serltraln (C:8/15, R: 9/30), dmray3 (C: 8/7, R: 9/30) klebandb (C: 7/25, R: 11/2), ThatGuy112233(C: ~09/01, R: 11/16/15)
UPenn: This_is_the_worst (C; 8/12, R;12/3), nmusdposter (C:8/4, R:12/3), xTheCrowingx (C: 8/15, R: 12/3), am993 (C: 11/15, R: 12/05), MSTPtastic (C: , pineapplecake (C: 7/10, R: 12/04), SheBlindedMeWithScience (C: 9/6, R: 12/3)
USC Keck: inky (C: 7/30; R: 8/27), This_is_the_worst (C:8/29/15, R: 9/15/15); molang (C: 8/15, R: 8/27)
UTHSCSA: steminist (C: 8/15, R: 12/8)
University of Washington: ishuman (C: 7/16, R: 8/23); Morpheo (C: 8/14, R: 8/25), ADW1994 (C: 7/21, R: 8/27 by mail), purple33 (C: 9/28, R: 10/15), steminist (C: 8/15ish, R: 8/27, mail), Argle Bargle (C: 7/28, R: 8/15ish by mail)
Vanderbilt: (C: July R: 10/23), nmusdposter. (C:7/15; R:10/23), ADW1994 (C: 8/7, R: 10/23); MSTPCRUSADER (C: 07/29, R: 10/23); starfun21 (C: 8/2; R: 10/23), steminist (C: 8/15ish, R: 10/23); klebandb (C: 7/12, R: 10/23), ThatGuy112233(C:~8/29,R:11/29)
VCU: inky (C: 8/27/15, R: 10/8/15)
Wake Forest: inky (C: 8/5/15, R: 9/28/15)
Wisconsin: jd989898 (C: 7/30, R: 8/20) inky (C: 7/29, R: 8/20); xc_stallion92 (C: 7/29, R: 8/20), steminist (C: 8/15ish, R: 9/16)
Washington University at St. Louis: quintessence (C: 8/20, R 8/31), ADW1994 (C: 7/30, R: 8/31), MSTPCRUSADER (C:9/21, R:9/25), pineapplecake (C:8/6, R: 10/8), BR2016 (C: 8/19, R: 10/8), ThatGuy112233(C: 8/22, R: 10/26), OncPhysSci (C: 8/31, R: 10/26), steminist (C: 8/15ish, R: 9/25), Nanorust (C:8/13, R:09/25), waasgy (C: 10/1, 12/4)
Yale: shh-pthway (C: 7/18, R 9/1), MSTPtastic (C: 7/27, R: 9/1), Smiley Buckeye (C: 7/17, R: 9/11), ADW1994 (C: 7/20, R: 9/11), physicianscientist (C: 7/15, R: 9/14) xTheCrowingx (C: 8/15 R: 10/2), steminist (C: 8/15ish, R: 10/2) pineapplecake (C: 8/17, R: 11/13), waasgy (C: 9/10, R: 10/21)
Post-Interview
Penn State (I: 10/5, R: 10/15)
University of Pittsburgh: waasgy (I: 11/19, R: 12/14)
Emory: nmusdposter (I: 9/28; R: 11/3), mynameistoolong (I: 10/22; R: 12/10)
Texas A&M: steminist (I: 9/23, R: 11/24)
Tri-I: MedW2E (I: 11/19-20, R: 12/8)
I thought I'd float this as an idea - if anyone has news on schools that other people are waiting to even hear from we could put it up.
i.e.
I'm waiting on:
UCSF
Columbia
Temple
UCLA
RNJMS
And I know:
RRWJ last week had 7 more interview slots to give out
Hofstra has interviews through the end of february (but I'm not sure if they have more slots)
etc? If people think this is a bad idea then don't worry about it. But just a way to get more information?
Definitely the case. I get the impression they won't tell us explicitly until decision time. I just know because my invite email said "while we are unable to offer an MSTP invite at this time..."Huh? I thought Columbia was silently rejecting everyone at this point. Or maybe they are for MSTP, but to get an MD-only invite, you have to first be explicitly rejected from MSTP.
EDIT: I apparently spaced when reading the rest of your post. Looks like the MSTP is still silently rejecting everyone.
I have been thinking about doing the same thing for a week now!!I thought I'd float this as an idea - if anyone has news on schools that other people are waiting to even hear from we could put it up.
i.e.
I'm waiting on:
UCSF
Columbia
Temple
UCLA
RNJMS
And I know:
RRWJ last week had 7 more interview slots to give out
Hofstra has interviews through the end of february (but I'm not sure if they have more slots)
etc? If people think this is a bad idea then don't worry about it. But just a way to get more information?





me eitherSinai double rejection (MD-PhD and MD)... Looks like I'm not NYC material 😛

Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.