-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 panic thread
Started by SuperSlim
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Its been so quiet!feeling so down today with no II =((
I'm at the point where even rejections would be relief because that would mean I could start working on some sort of plan b. Over 1.5 months at all schools, over 2 months for my state school and two others.
Sorry to hear that. Though I prefer no hope to false hope.No, rejections are not a relief. Take it from someone who was included in the massive wave of rejections Rochester sent out like an hour ago. It's definitely better to hear nothing.
Hopping on the panic bandwagon here. My one II (at my state school) resulted in a Wait List/Deferred Decision, and I've gotten nothing but rejections and silence apart from that. So, it seems like an appropriate time for me to join this thread.
Sorry to hear that. Though I prefer no hope to false hope.
But it's not false hope. If you haven't been rejected yet, there is still hope.
From schools infamous for silent rejections where interviews have been sent out to applicants who were complete noticeably later than I was makes me assume false hope.But it's not false hope. If you haven't been rejected yet, there is still hope.
im partly sleepy, partly anxious :/
im partly sleepy, partly anxious :/
you should be completely sleepy and not anxious with that stellar mcat. ghaaa DAMM
p.s. I may have to kick you out of this thread
From schools infamous for silent rejections where interviews have been sent out to applicants who were complete noticeably later than I was makes me assume false hope.
You're doing it to yourself, (space)man. You could have hope, but you're choosing to be pessimistic about it.
People say I'm pessimistic, but I prefer to see myself as realistic because I'm optimistic.You're doing it to yourself, (space)man. You could have hope, but you're choosing to be pessimistic about it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hear you man. I got my II exactly a month ago and this rejection hurt. Realistically the majority of schools are gonna send rejections however, so gotta be realisticNo, rejections are not a relief. Take it from someone who was included in the massive wave of rejections Rochester sent out like an hour ago. It's definitely better to hear nothing.
When is the panic time for the MD cycle? Early or late November?
I'm starting to feel the panic coming on, and it's getting close to early November... I think late November might be when I really start panicking though. I just received another rejection today, so at least I know they're looking at my app!????!? LOL
Sometimes something is better than nothing...depending on the school. Haha.I'm starting to feel the panic coming on, and it's getting close to early November... I think late November might be when I really start panicking though. I just received another rejection today, so at least I know they're looking at my app!????!? LOL
I feel like I've even stopped getting junk mail.
Rejection from Rochester ugh
That was a massive slaughter by Rochester.. waiting to wake up to mine tomorrow morning
haha I think that was 98% wishful thinking, 1% delusion, and 1% possibilitySo anyone seen any of those predicted post oct 15th interview invites that everyone was talking about?
![]()
I honestly think that many schools haven't sent out many more IIs at all since the start of the month. I know Dartmouth has, but there's hardly anyone on SDN who got a II from USC or Hofstra since October started.
November will be better!!!!!!Here's to hoping that November will be better!
Didn't anyone tell you? November is when all the kids on the panic thread get accepted to medical school. 
Didn't anyone tell you? November is when all the kids on the panic thread get accepted to medical school.![]()
Haha that would make me so happy! But it has seemed super quiet these past few weeks. Hopefully that means November is the month for II's!!
Im sorry..when were you complete at Stony..if it makes you feel better 3 rejections and one II too..🙁Rejected from Stony today. 3 rejections 1 II 🙁
8/1 I believeIm sorry..when were you complete at Stony..if it makes you feel better 3 rejections and one II too..🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected from Stony today. 3 rejections 1 II 🙁
What? Dont you have incredible stats? How do you only have 1 II? I am confused.
I looked at the 2014-2015 panic thread and followed up on the applicants. It looked like about 2/3s of them eventually got accepted, and one of the ones who didn't had one of the hardest red flags to overcome as a pre-med.
Of course, the Medical Student status SDN doesn't distinguish between MD and DO acceptances, so many of them may have gotten DO acceptances- which is a still a huge win, since they'll be doctors.
Of course, the Medical Student status SDN doesn't distinguish between MD and DO acceptances, so many of them may have gotten DO acceptances- which is a still a huge win, since they'll be doctors.
Which red flag did they have?I looked at the 2014-2015 panic thread and followed up on the applicants. It looked like about 2/3s of them eventually got accepted, and one of the ones who didn't had one of the hardest red flags to overcome as a pre-med.
Of course, the Medical Student status SDN doesn't distinguish between MD and DO acceptances, so many of them may have gotten DO acceptances- which is a still a huge win, since they'll be doctors.
Here's to hoping that November will be better!
I'll join in hoping that too
Hardly incredible I'd say. Weak ECs, 2.7sGPA, 2.97c, 4.0SMP, 35 MCATWhat? Dont you have incredible stats? How do you only have 1 II? I am confused.
So are we deciding collectively as a group...From what I and others have seen October was just not a very active month for much II offers??
If so heres to hoping to things pick up in November for all of us!!
If so heres to hoping to things pick up in November for all of us!!
.
Last edited:
Hardly incredible I'd say. Weak ECs, 2.7sGPA, 2.97c, 4.0SMP, 35 MCAT
Well, those are pretty good. I thought a strong performance in a SMP overshadowed a previous UGPA.
.
Last edited:
True, but you got to understand that depending where you are interviewing you may only have a 20-30% of getting accepted post-interview. The more proverbial dips in the pot the better. But you deserve II's for being chill, props to you.
^^ This. MD schools do not have the same post interview acceptance rate that many DO schools have. Usually at best, you have a 50 percent chance of being accepted at MD schools post interview. An interview without an acceptance is just as good as having no interview in the first place.
It should but unfortunately all the cool stuff I've done EC wise has been since my primary submissionWell, those are pretty good. I thought a strong performance in a SMP overshadowed a previous UGPA.
you guys (and gals) are panicking pretty early.. it's not even December yet.
It is almost November though which is kind of late
It is almost November though which is kind of late
yes but I was under the impression that you can be notified from now until late march-early april, is this true?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted642188
this true but I was under the impression that you can be notified from now until late march-early april, is this true?
Depends, Drexel notifies as late as february but UA Phoenix finishes giving II as early as mid december
I feel like interview invitations are much more scarce December-March than people advertise. Many schools conduct them throughout that time but most of those were invited and scheduled much earlier. At least that's the vibe I got last year. I was all pumped for some interview "action" in the new year, and ended up feeling the metaphorical "blue balls" big time. For my own mental health I'm not counting on anything new after December. If it happens it is a nice surprise.this true but I was under the impression that you can be notified from now until late march-early april, is this true?
I feel like interview invitations are much more scarce December-March than people advertise. Many schools conduct them throughout that time but most of those were invited and scheduled much earlier. At least that's the vibe I got last year. I was all pumped for some interview "action" in the new year, and ended up feeling the metaphorical "blue balls" big time. For my own mental health I'm not counting on anything new after December. If it happens it is a nice surprise.
Yeah I agree...While obviously I would welcome an II at ANY time...I am hoping November will be the big push and I will hear back from the remaining 15-18 schools...wishful thinking
yes but I was under the impression that you can be notified from now until late march-early april, is this true?
technically yes. practically, november is pretty late
Yeah I agree...While obviously I would welcome an II at ANY time...I am hoping November will be the big push and I will hear back from the remaining 15-18 schools...wishful thinking
really hoping to hear some love from all the schools giving me silence too
Similar threads
- Replies
- 88
- Views
- 12K
- Replies
- 30
- Views
- 7K