2015-2016 SUNY - Buffalo Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ismet

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me when the secondary is available and I will update this.

Good luck to everyone applying! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Just received the secondary. No essays.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't have a non-Mac in my house, guess I'm going to a library?

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted using my the browser in the Gmail app, and I have an iPhone. It worked.

Reactions: 1 user
I did it on a mac and it seemed to work. Have you guys checked that it went through? I looked at my application status and it says that neither the secondary nor the payment was received, even though I got a confirmation email for the payment at least

+1 for the payment confirmation. I say we wait a bit, I vaguely remember reading in last year's thread that the application status wasn't automatically updated.

When I sign back in to the portal after submitting the secondary/payment, it brings me back to that first "Agree/Disagree" page. Is that normal?

Just came here to post the same thing

Did anyone get a complete email or just the payment confirmation?

I did it on a mac and it seemed to work. Have you guys checked that it went through? I looked at my application status and it says that neither the secondary nor the payment was received, even though I got a confirmation email for the payment at least

Where can you check your application status?

Just checked - last year's thread had the same questions. It seems even after submission and payment everyone last year could still go back to the first page of the secondary and edit the secondary/submit it again. I guess the system just takes a while to update, no need to worry for now!

And @MedBlue515, if you go to their website there should be a link to check application status. I doubt yours would be updated to say "secondary received," as again, this was an issue everyone came across last year.

Does anyone know if it's possible to change/update an answer in the secondary after paying? I reflected 0 years as NY resident when it should in fact read 20 :(.

Does anyone know if it's possible to change/update an answer in the secondary after paying? I reflected 0 years as NY resident when it should in fact read 20 :(.

I would definitely email them about that, I am not sure

So is the consensus that this secondary will still work on a Mac? Just wondering about whether or not I need to take a trip to the library.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey did anyone who received an amcas fee waiver submit this secondary? I know they gave instructions saying to stop after submitting, but since I did not pay, I've received zero confirmation of my submission :confused:

Hey did anyone who received an amcas fee waiver submit this secondary? I know they gave instructions saying to stop after submitting, but since I did not pay, I've received zero confirmation of my submission :confused:
I applied last year and was confused like you. I emailed them to confirm.

has anyone's status changed on the 'check your application status' page that's submission the secondary and paid?

I haven't received any confirmation yet either! Did you just click submit?! That's all I did but it's so different from other secondaries I feel like I messed up.

I haven't received any confirmation yet either! Did you just click submit?! That's all I did but it's so different from other secondaries I feel like I messed up.
Yup, just hit submit and that was it lol. Still no confirmation but I think I'll give them a call in a few days to check if everything is ok!

That happens for everyone. I also did not receive a confirmation email but I emailed Mr. Rosso and he said that they had received it.

Checked my status a few minutes ago and it now says my secondary and my payment have been received.

For the question "Did you grow up in a rural community?", if I grew up in a rural community for the first 8 years of my life before moving to a suburban community am I qualified to answer yes to this question? Thank you.

anyone complete here or received a confirmation email? the site just says my secondary and payment have been received

Trying to log in to the secondary website, but when I enter my AAMC ID they say "Invalid login credentials"... wut. lol

Reactions: 1 users
Trying to log in to the secondary website, but when I enter my AAMC ID they say "Invalid login credentials"... wut. lol

Same problem with me. I contacted admission advisor today, and he said try tomorrow because they are still having a computer issue. Don't know exactly what it is tho.

Yep, submitted and paid about an hour after I received the secondary e-mail.

Yeah I did the same. I ended up emailing admission and they told me my application was complete, but they hadn't yet sent an email cause of the volume of applications

Alright mine finally works now, so yours should work too! :]]

That happens for everyone. I also did not receive a confirmation email but I emailed Mr. Rosso and he said that they had received it.
When you log in to check your status- does it just bring you back to the application like you can retype it?

anyone know if ap credit counts for english pre req? according to msar it does but...

i checked my status on the website and it says secondary application received and application fee received but application is not complete. I have also not received an application complete email. did this happen to anyone else?

When did you submit? It took a couple of days before I received an application complete email + my status changed to complete.

i checked my status on the website and it says secondary application received and application fee received but application is not complete. I have also not received an application complete email. did this happen to anyone else?

I submitted on 7/3 and still have that status as well

I submitted on 7/3 and still have that status as well
Are you still missing any letters/scores? I submitted 7/3 and e-mailed a copy of my green card 7/5. Mr. Rosso confirmed receipt of my e-mail 7/6, and I got the "Application Complete" e-mail 7/7.

Are you still missing any letters/scores? I submitted 7/3 and e-mailed a copy of my green card 7/5. Mr. Rosso confirmed receipt of my e-mail 7/6, and I got the "Application Complete" e-mail 7/7.
nope i shouldn't be missing anything. All of my letters are in. Think i should call?

nope i shouldn't be missing anything. All of my letters are in. Think i should call?
It is still pretty early and I imagine they're swamped with applications coming in - I say wait until the two-week mark.

anyone who submitted their secondary the first day still not received a completed email/status? it'll be 2 weeks tomorrow, wondering if I should call

Submitted on the 9th and only received a payment confirmation.

anyone who submitted their secondary the first day still not received a completed email/status? it'll be 2 weeks tomorrow, wondering if I should call
I haven't received a confirmation yet either. But when I check the status is says my app is not complete? I emailed asked why because I did everything so I'm curious as to whats going on.

Me too! I emailed to asked what's missing but haven't heard anything back yet.

Submitted secondary on 7/17 and just got my "application complete" email today 7/21

Also received the "application complete" e-mail just now. Submitted secondary on 7/9.

Got it too. Second time it has been sent to me. Submitted 7/3, first received the "complete" email 7/7.