Aug 12, 2015
Status
Podiatrist
Has anyone heard when they might be releasing the scores to the 2015 Qualification Exam? 12 weeks is pretty absurd to grade a computerized exam.

g squared 23

made it out alive
7+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2010
The woods
Status
Podiatrist
Nothing other than the email that they sent out 3.5 weeks ago saying it will take another 3-4 weeks.

It's been real fun trying to get hospital privileges: they all ask what about the results of the test I took back in MAY. I have to sheepishly tell the credentialer that I'm still waiting. Quite the fine Ponzi Scheme they have going.

Aug 12, 2015
Status
Podiatrist
Nothing other than the email that they sent out 3.5 weeks ago saying it will take another 3-4 weeks.

It's been real fun trying to get hospital privileges: they all ask what about the results of the test I took back in MAY. I have to sheepishly tell the credentialer that I'm still waiting. Quite the fine Ponzi Scheme they have going.
Yah myself and a few people i know are having the same problem. 2 months at a new practice. The more established docs don't want to do hospital consults. I am losing money and patients because I can't get privilages. The ABFAS looks like an absolute joke right now

About the Ads

dpmgrad

10+ Year Member
May 17, 2005
Philadelphia
Status
Attending Physician
ABFAS Part 1 results were released yesterday (Friday 8/14/2015).

sunnypod

10+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2009
Status
Podiatry Student
For the ones who passed, what did you use to study? Any advice for us who are taking it next year? Thanks!

Aug 12, 2015
Status
Podiatrist
For the ones who passed, what did you use to study? Any advice for us who are taking it next year? Thanks!
Couldn't really tell you where they were getting their questions from. I would definitely read McGlamery, boards by numbers seemed to give a few answers, the Stryker course notes were ok, not great. But the questions were just super random.

Reactions: newfeet

sunnypod

10+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2009
Status
Podiatry Student
Couldn't really tell you where they were getting their questions from. I would definitely read McGlamery, boards by numbers seemed to give a few answers, the Stryker course notes were ok, not great. But the questions were just super random.
Thank you!

Makaveliforever

Feel free to inbox me with any questions
10+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2005
Michigan
Status
Podiatrist
couldn't agree with you more. Perfectly stated.

Jan 15, 2016
Status
Pre-Podiatry
Truly amazing how ABFAS seems to be getting slower and slower in sending results to exam takers. I mean 9 weeks for results to show on member profiles is completely inefficient and unacceptable. I have heard from some other Podiatrists that most delays are attributed to recent upheaval within the administration of ABFAS. Let's hope they begin to get their stuff together soon. Other medical organizations are proud of improving turnaround times for exam takers getting their results, somehow ABFAS is slower now in the past year or so.

About the Ads