1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

2015 ABFAS Exam

Discussion in 'Podiatric Residents & Physicians' started by UMSportpod, Aug 12, 2015.

1. UMSportpod

2+ Year Member

Podiatrist
    Has anyone heard when they might be releasing the scores to the 2015 Qualification Exam? 12 weeks is pretty absurd to grade a computerized exam.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. g squared 23

g squared 23 made it out alive
    7+ Year Member

Podiatrist
    Nothing other than the email that they sent out 3.5 weeks ago saying it will take another 3-4 weeks.

It's been real fun trying to get hospital privileges: they all ask what about the results of the test I took back in MAY. I have to sheepishly tell the credentialer that I'm still waiting. Quite the fine Ponzi Scheme they have going.

4. UMSportpod

2+ Year Member

Podiatrist
    Yah myself and a few people i know are having the same problem. 2 months at a new practice. The more established docs don't want to do hospital consults. I am losing money and patients because I can't get privilages. The ABFAS looks like an absolute joke right now

5. dpmgrad

dpmgrad Senior Member
    Podiatrist 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    ABFAS Part 1 results were released yesterday (Friday 8/14/2015).

6. sunnypod

7+ Year Member

Podiatry Student
    For the ones who passed, what did you use to study? Any advice for us who are taking it next year? Thanks!

7. UMSportpod

2+ Year Member

Podiatrist
    Couldn't really tell you where they were getting their questions from. I would definitely read McGlamery, boards by numbers seemed to give a few answers, the Stryker course notes were ok, not great. But the questions were just super random.

newfeet likes this.
  8. sunnypod

7+ Year Member

Podiatry Student
    Thank you!

9. Makaveliforever

Makaveliforever Feel free to inbox me with any questions
    10+ Year Member

Podiatrist
    couldn't agree with you more. Perfectly stated.

10. Neoferg

Pre-Podiatry
    Truly amazing how ABFAS seems to be getting slower and slower in sending results to exam takers. I mean 9 weeks for results to show on member profiles is completely inefficient and unacceptable. I have heard from some other Podiatrists that most delays are attributed to recent upheaval within the administration of ABFAS. Let's hope they begin to get their stuff together soon. Other medical organizations are proud of improving turnaround times for exam takers getting their results, somehow ABFAS is slower now in the past year or so.