Got ABFAS results today......

Started by Aresnebula
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Aresnebula

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Passed everything except foot didactic. How does it look for jobs? Can I say I am board qualified since I passed both RRA? Do I just have to take the foot didactic?
 
So I can't start submitting cases for rearfoot once I am out? How come people are only foot certified but not rearfoot when they don't pass rearfoot?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You aren’t board qualified in anything because you must be atleast qualified in foot before rearfoot. If it were the opposite way and you passed both foot but only passed one rear foot you can be considered qualified atleast (in foot).

Just gotta pass foot didactic and you’ll be qualified in both.
 
So I can't start submitting cases for rearfoot once I am out? How come people are only foot certified but not rearfoot when they don't pass rearfoot?
You can't submit for cases if you are not qualified in general. I don't know if the cases you collect for rearfoot will count. They might? Email ABFAS.

I think you answered your own question with the last half.
 
How long do I have to convert the three exams for BQ pending I pass didactic? Is there a limited window?
 
Passed everything except foot didactic. How does it look for jobs? Can I say I am board qualified since I passed both RRA? Do I just have to take the foot didactic?
Lol this was me for a year. Not certified because the only thing I did not pass was foot didactic
 
I passed all 4. Board wizards is the way. also podiatry board review was helpful.

Do i even need ABPM now? now that i'm board qualified i can just use this to submit for boards and certification correct?
 
If you passed all 4 parts, is there a best time to pay the conversion fee? Is there a deadline? Just want to know if I can wait till closer to starting a job so that the cost would be covered by the future employer
 
What did you do to pass it? Got my score report, scored 480/500.
Just work in the section that you scored the lowest on. For me I knew the stupid medicine section on foot was chronically low every year for me so I focused on periop meds, anesthesia ect and passed first time. The score reports should tell you that little section you need a little boost on when you’re that close to passing. Just need a couple bumps
 
I am planning on purchasing board wizards foot didactics, maybe read McGlamry and PI manual when I can, anything else anyone recommends? I am so upset and just want to get this over with.
 
I am planning on purchasing board wizards foot didactics, maybe read McGlamry and PI manual when I can, anything else anyone recommends? I am so upset and just want to get this over with.

I would just do board vitals since it's just didactic foot. Didactic questions are didactic questions regardless of what company you use.
I liked BV because I can disregard (by unclicking) all the medicine, anesthesia, law stuff, and just select surgery/complication questions. Even that was overkill imo since the real exam is so random, and some of it feels like opinion, based questions rather than fact.