2015 Fall applicants interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Someone please explain this to me. I plan to apply for Fall 2016. Does PharmCAS send applications to schools before GPA verification?!

Congrats by the way!

I honestly don't know.
But from my own experience, it seems that schools can view your application as soon as you E-Submit, regardless of verification status.

Members don't see this ad.

10/3 northstate interviewees how did it go? advice? i got an invite for 10/24. first p school interview ever and super excited but nervous also lol

10/3 northstate interviewees how did it go? advice? i got an invite for 10/24. first p school interview ever and super excited but nervous also lol

It's going to be a really long day. I suggest for the interview, you practice A LOT of situational questions...what would you do if blah blah. I was asked a lot of those.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

im interviewing at northstate on 10/24 too! see you then!

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted to Roseman early decision!

I've been creeping on this website for a while but just made an account so I could post that I have 3 interviews so far, University of St. Joseph, Husson University, and University of New England. I applied to four other schools but I haven't heard from them yet. I go to school in South Carolina... has anyone had luck rescheduling interviews? I only got a week's notice for two of these and it's so hard for me to fly back home! Hopefully all of these will be around November 7.

Supplemental submitted 10/7/14

Interview invitation from UGA 10/9/14

Last edited:
Got accepted to Concordia University School of Pharmacy today. Declining my first offer at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science. Had my interview today at the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities - College of Pharmacy.
what are your stats? concordia is my #1 and I'm considering uw-madison but scared my stats are not good enough....

Members don't see this ad :)
Advice for concordia's interview? I have one oct 24th.
This interview was nothing. I already had two mock interviews under my belt, an interview at Rosalind Franklin, and then I went to Concordia. I just really conveyed the idea with articulation about why I wanted to be a Pharmacist. They will ask why you specifically want to attend Concordia. What have you done to prepare for Pharmacy School. I was even asked what other schools that I applied to (Which I thought was rather rude). There are two essays that have to be done within 30 minutes. One, an extracurricular event about giving advice to someone, and another why you chose Concordia. This is a closed file interview and all they will know is just your name, grades or PCAT scores doesn't matter. They just want to learn more about you as an individual and for you to see the program and to figure out if they are a good choice/ fit for you. Peter Welch is a incredibly nice guy so that put things at ease. Hours before my interview, I got accepted to Rosalind so that was a boost of confidence as well. TRUST ME, you will do fine. It's nothing to sweat about and as long as you describe why you want to be a pharmacist, your gold! Just practice some practice interview questions and your solid, especially, "Tell me about yourself, and why do you want to be a pharmacist" (I was asked this question at all 3 of my real interviews).

Hey! I have interview on Oct 24th too! I am really nervouse because it it my first one
This interview was nothing. I already had two mock interviews under my belt, an interview at Rosalind Franklin, and then I went to Concordia. I just really conveyed the idea with articulation about why I wanted to be a Pharmacist. They will ask why you specifically want to attend Concordia. What have you done to prepare for Pharmacy School. I was even asked what other schools that I applied to (Which I thought was rather rude). There are two essays that have to be done within 30 minutes. One, an extracurricular event about giving advice to someone, and another why you chose Concordia. This is a closed file interview and all they will know is just your name, grades or PCAT scores doesn't matter. They just want to learn more about you as an individual and for you to see the program and to figure out if they are a good choice/ fit for you. Peter Welch is a incredibly nice guy so that put things at ease. Hours before my interview, I got accepted to Rosalind so that was a boost of confidence as well. TRUST ME, you will do fine. It's nothing to sweat about and as long as you describe why you want to be a pharmacist, your gold! Just practice some practice interview questions and your solid, especially, "Tell me about yourself, and why do you want to be a pharmacist" (I was asked this question at all 3 of my real interviews).

I interviewed at Northstate on Oct 3 and I received a phone call today. I was surprised that it was so soon. Anyone else receive a phone call?

Anyone interview at Midwestern-Chicago? I interview there Nov. 7th.

I interviewed at Northstate on Oct 3 and I received a phone call today. I was surprised that it was so soon. Anyone else receive a phone call?
I received a phone call today too! It's so early! I have more interviews at schools I'm more interested in, but i don't want to lose my seat, just in case. But on the other hand I don't want to lose $1500

A very, very long day. Pretty much you have a couple hour group reading activity, then a thing called pharmdraw (don't panic it's just "for fun" it doesn't count for being accepted or not). They cater lunch for everyone. Then the Important stuff begins. You go with your groups to different stations. So there's the essay (easy don't panic), tour, q&a with current students, and the interview. They allow up to 40 min for the interview (again don't panic you're not in there the whole time). Interview for me was easy. She asked a couple situational questions, how I have prepared to become a pharmacist, why do I want to be a pharmacist, and things like that. Be yourself and honest and you'll do great! My interviewer and I talked about sports and stuff for more than half the time. Oh, and there will be a current student and faculty talking with you.

My advice is stay calm, speak clear, and be yourself! Also, during the day ask all the questions you can and talk with the other applicants. It makes the day go by faster.

I interviewed already and got accepted today! Good luck!

Hey guys so I got a missed call from Northstate, and I'm assuming it's regarding the interview. To those that have already been accepted, was it Jason that called you? I wanna make sure I know who to ask for...my missed call just shows the school's main number. Thanks!

Just had mine last week and went well. Its a group interview and they ask general questions (tell us about yourself and why you chose mwu pharmacy, etc etc). After the interview, everyone has to write two small essay samples then take a tour of the school and optional lunch. They did not ask too much personal stuff during the interview and the last 15 min of the interview was any questions we had and the interviewers just talked more about the program

Hey guys so I got a missed call from Northstate, and I'm assuming it's regarding the interview. To those that have already been accepted, was it Jason that called you? I wanna make sure I know who to ask for...my missed call just shows the school's main number. Thanks!
I think it was Jason. He said they would send out official emails by Thursday if you aren't able to get a hold of him.

Interviewed on Monday and accepted on Tuesday!

Posted using SDN Mobile

Accepted at fdu!

Someone please explain this to me. I plan to apply for Fall 2016. Does PharmCAS send applications to schools before GPA verification?!

Congrats by the way!

Be very careful on which PharmCAS cycle you are in. I opened one as soon as I took my PCAT but I was in a cycle for a year before what I was actually applying for, and I had to fill everything out again when the correct cycle opened.

Be very careful on which PharmCAS cycle you are in. I opened one as soon as I took my PCAT but I was in a cycle for a year before what I was actually applying for, and I had to fill everything out again when the correct cycle opened.

I did this too... I was so angry I wasted a good few hours and had to redo everything for this cycle.

I did this too... I was so angry I wasted a good few hours and had to redo everything for this cycle.

Did it was well. You'd think they would make us more aware of this problem. Wasted some money also sending PCAT scores to them, which I had to do again once the new cycle opens up. Also wish they would allow us to keep our references. Especially ones from professors, which can be hard to come by

got creighon interview

Reactions: 2 users
For the supplemental did they send you an e-mail asking to complete it, or did you just submit one? Thanks!

i just went online and completed it!

I also had an issue getting my PCAT score sent back to pharmcas....they charged me twice and I had to really twist someones arm over the phone to get them to do it. Never fails to surprise me how a system like that gets unnecessarily complicated. Adapt and overcome!

Yeah Jason is who called me, congrats!

So anyone know about what's going on at Oregon state university? Does anyone know if they're sending out invites yet? I'm getting antsy cus they're my number one

Has anyone received anything from northstate? I was told to expect an email from them by the end of the week, but I still haven't heard anything.

Has anyone received anything from northstate? I was told to expect an email from them by the end of the week, but I still haven't heard anything.
me neither!! I wonder what's going on....

So who is going to be at UoP this coming Friday?! Just wondering if I'll see any of you guys there!

Got interview from north carolina chapel hill!