2015 MCAT Practice Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

txmed73

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I was studying for the old MCAT by doing EK content review alongside the 1001 EK practice questions because I know that focusing on actual problems is how you do better on the MCAT. I have to take the new MCAT now but none of the new MCAT books have practice materials (except for like two tests and a few questions at the end of every section).

What do I do? I'm going to buy the new Kaplan books but there's no way I can just do content review. Do I just use the old EK 1001 question books?

Members don't see this ad.

Check out Brian from nextstep and his posts about this topic.

There are many practice questions available. Look at the mcat qbank and questions from khan Academy to start.

Reactions: 1 user
So, I was studying for the old MCAT by doing EK content review alongside the 1001 EK practice questions because I know that focusing on actual problems is how you do better on the MCAT. I have to take the new MCAT now but none of the new MCAT books have practice materials (except for like two tests and a few questions at the end of every section).

What do I do? I'm going to buy the new Kaplan books but there's no way I can just do content review. Do I just use the old EK 1001 question books?

You can use TBR for all the sciences, including the new Biochemistry stuff. It goes into intense detail (I've heard it's even more detailed than ugrad courses) for the Biochem in Book II and has tons of very hard passages for those topics. And I believe Kaplan and Next Step books have some Soc/Psych practice passages. For verbal, if you're starting out early, use the EK and TPRH VW for now and consider buying a CARS book later on (you'll prob have to tweak your timing)

You can use TBR for all the sciences, including the new Biochemistry stuff. It goes into intense detail (I've heard it's even more detailed than ugrad courses) for the Biochem in Book II and has tons of very hard passages for those topics. And I believe Kaplan and Next Step books have some Soc/Psych practice passages. For verbal, if you're starting out early, use the EK and TPRH VW for now and consider buying a CARS book later on (you'll prob have to tweak your timing)

Thanks! You've replied a lot to my posts and have been very helpful, I appreciate it!